    The 64-bit version (jre-6u3-windows-amd64.exe) still doesn't support IE 64-bit
    Uninstall any previous versions before installing the newer one.

    Carlos
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 3, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Allan Guest

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Sun has a new update JRE6 u3 (prior was JRE6 u2) here:
    > https://sdlc5d.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet;jsessionid=C1D62244A759F780ED1DC21149E8E82F
    > A 14 megs download for the offline installation package.
    > Download the file named jre-6u3-windows-i586-p.exe for any
    > processor/xx-bit
    > you may have.
    > This version works with IE 32-bit.
    > The 64-bit version (jre-6u3-windows-amd64.exe) still doesn't support IE
    > 64-bit
    > Uninstall any previous versions before installing the newer one.
    >
    > Carlos

    They also made available yesterday "update N" for early access testing . :
    https://jdk6.dev.java.net/6uNea.html . Thanks for the notification, I have
    already installed the i586 version.
    Allan, Oct 4, 2007

  3. Allan:
    Also please note that every installation of the Java runtime places a file
    named jusched.exe (Sun Java Update Scheduler) in the registry to run
    automatically during Vista startup.
    It usefulness is debated in the web and it is supposed to check for updates
    periodically.
    Personally I always delete that registry entry (do it at your own risk!)
    because I want to have the smallest amount of necessary programs during
    startup.
    It is located in
    HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 4, 2007