    their win64 free offering, but it wouldnt run either,
    saying "processor (amd Turion) not supported".

    Did i chose the wrong file ? thanks.
    Marshalx, Sep 16, 2005

  2. Marshalx

    Jerry Guest

    Ask Sun

    Jerry, Sep 16, 2005

  3. Marshalx

    Stroppy Guest

    > i went to sun.com and downloaded what looked like
    > their win64 free offering, but it wouldnt run either,
    > saying "processor (amd Turion) not supported".
    >
    > Did i chose the wrong file ? thanks.

    Hi,
    If you've downloaded from here http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp ,
    there's only the 32 bits windows version.
    The x64 are for Solaris or Linux only.
    Stroppy, Sep 17, 2005
  4. Hi,

    there is a Java-Version for Windows XP 64, I use it an it works fine. The
    files are named jre-1_5_0_04-windows-amd64.exe for the runtime environment
    and jdk-1_5_0_04-windows-amd64.exe for the development kit.

    Regards.

    Leonardo Weiss Ferreira Chaves, Sep 17, 2005
  5. Marshalx

    Stroppy Guest

    Stroppy, Sep 17, 2005
  6. "Stroppy" wrote:

    > > there is a Java-Version for Windows XP 64, I use it an it works fine. The
    > > files are named jre-1_5_0_04-windows-amd64.exe for the runtime environment
    > > and jdk-1_5_0_04-windows-amd64.exe for the development kit.
    > >
    > > Regards.

    I have been all over Suns site and have done many searches. The files show
    up in the search but with no specific page. If you can furnish a link that
    would be more helpful it would highly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Joe

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29keTQ1?=, Sep 18, 2005
  7. Marshalx

    Stroppy Guest

    > I have been all over Suns site and have done many searches. The files
    > show
    > up in the search but with no specific page. If you can furnish a link that
    > would be more helpful it would highly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Joe

    Hi,
    Sorry, I pasted the link without noticing it changed itself with a secure
    one.
    Here is the good address:
    http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs...5.0_04-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg
    Actually, you must register to download this file, don't know why.
    Regards.
    Stroppy, Sep 18, 2005
  8. Marshalx

    James Guest

    On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:11:49 +0200, "Stroppy" <>
    wrote:

    >> I have been all over Suns site and have done many searches. The files
    >> show
    >> up in the search but with no specific page. If you can furnish a link that
    >> would be more helpful it would highly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Joe

    >Hi,
    >Sorry, I pasted the link without noticing it changed itself with a secure
    >one.
    >Here is the good address:
    >http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs...5.0_04-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg
    >Actually, you must register to download this file, don't know why.
    >Regards.

    Thank you
    Got the file had to register first.
    James
    --

    They think it's all over... it is now.
    Take the FUN out of my email address to reply.
    James, Sep 18, 2005