Java Problems

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sharon, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    I tried posting this to a Java newsgroup first but didn't have any luck.
    Since I usually have better luck with this newsgroup I thought I'd try
    here.

    I am having a problem with both Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.4.1 often
    crashing with JS2350.DLL errors....most often when accessing or exiting
    mail and newsgroups. I tried to solve the problem by updating to the
    newest version of Sun Java but that just created a new problem. I now
    often get DDHELP errors...usually when closing Netscape or Mozilla and I
    am also still getting the JS2350.dll errors. I also have a problem with
    both Netscape and Mozilla crashing on some web sites that contain a lot
    of Java (such as http://www.karcheskycanna.com/ ). My computer freezes
    whenever I try to access that site. I tried uninstalling and
    reinstalling Java but get the same results. I noticed something strange
    though when I was looking through java files. One of the files,
    javaws.jar is listed as being modified on 8/19/2067! Could that be a
    corrupted file? Again, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help that
    problem either. I have a newer video card and the latest drivers. IE
    never crashes on pages with Java so I have to use it to view those
    problem pages, and it's a real pain!

    Sharon
    Sharon, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Sharon

    Boomer Guest

    Sharon <> wrote in

    > I tried posting this to a Java newsgroup first but didn't have any
    > luck.
    > Since I usually have better luck with this newsgroup I thought
    > I'd try
    > here.
    >
    > I am having a problem with both Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.4.1
    > often crashing with JS2350.DLL errors....most often when
    > accessing or exiting mail and newsgroups. I tried to solve the
    > problem by updating to the newest version of Sun Java but that
    > just created a new problem. I now often get DDHELP
    > errors...usually when closing Netscape or Mozilla and I am also
    > still getting the JS2350.dll errors. I also have a problem with
    > both Netscape and Mozilla crashing on some web sites that contain
    > a lot of Java (such as http://www.karcheskycanna.com/ ). My
    > computer freezes whenever I try to access that site. I tried
    > uninstalling and reinstalling Java but get the same results. I
    > noticed something strange though when I was looking through java
    > files. One of the files, javaws.jar is listed as being modified on
    > 8/19/2067! Could that be a corrupted file? Again, uninstalling and
    > reinstalling didn't help that problem either. I have a newer video
    > card and the latest drivers. IE never crashes on pages with Java
    > so I have to use it to view those problem pages, and it's a real
    > pain!
    >
    > Sharon

    Hi

    The only tip I can give you is to e-mail Sun Java. I did and they got
    back to me the next day. You'll have to look through their site and
    find the online form. It was pretty easy to find.

    I'm sure they'd like your input also. :)
    Boomer, Nov 4, 2003

  3. Sharon

    Roy Jones Guest

    On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:23:20 -0700, Sharon wrote:

    > I tried posting this to a Java newsgroup first but didn't have any luck.
    > Since I usually have better luck with this newsgroup I thought I'd try
    > here.
    >
    > I am having a problem with both Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.4.1 often
    > crashing with JS2350.DLL errors....most often when accessing or exiting
    > mail and newsgroups. I tried to solve the problem by updating to the
    > newest version of Sun Java but that just created a new problem. I now
    > often get DDHELP errors...usually when closing Netscape or Mozilla and I
    > am also still getting the JS2350.dll errors. I also have a problem with
    > both Netscape and Mozilla crashing on some web sites that contain a lot
    > of Java (such as http://www.karcheskycanna.com/ ). My computer freezes
    > whenever I try to access that site. I tried uninstalling and
    > reinstalling Java but get the same results. I noticed something strange
    > though when I was looking through java files. One of the files,
    > javaws.jar is listed as being modified on 8/19/2067! Could that be a
    > corrupted file? Again, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help that
    > problem either. I have a newer video card and the latest drivers. IE
    > never crashes on pages with Java so I have to use it to view those
    > problem pages, and it's a real pain!
    >
    > Sharon

    I'm not familiar with the problem you describe, but I know that Netscape
    and Mozilla don't always coexist well. If you're allowing both Mozilla and
    Netscape to run their "Quick Launch" background processes simultaneously,
    that might be part of your problem.

    If you see their icons in your system tray, turn them off and use only one
    browser or the other and don't use Quick Launch for either browser. Also,
    don't run both at the same time, and see if they're any more stable.

    Roy
    Roy Jones, Nov 6, 2003
  4. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    Roy Jones wrote:

    > On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:23:20 -0700, Sharon wrote:
    >
    >> I tried posting this to a Java newsgroup first but didn't have any luck.
    >> Since I usually have better luck with this newsgroup I thought I'd try
    >> here.
    >>
    >> I am having a problem with both Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.4.1 often
    >> crashing with JS2350.DLL errors....most often when accessing or exiting
    >> mail and newsgroups. I tried to solve the problem by updating to the
    >> newest version of Sun Java but that just created a new problem. I now
    >> often get DDHELP errors...usually when closing Netscape or Mozilla and I
    >> am also still getting the JS2350.dll errors. I also have a problem with
    >> both Netscape and Mozilla crashing on some web sites that contain a lot
    >> of Java (such as http://www.karcheskycanna.com/ ). My computer freezes
    >> whenever I try to access that site. I tried uninstalling and
    >> reinstalling Java but get the same results. I noticed something strange
    >> though when I was looking through java files. One of the files,
    >> javaws.jar is listed as being modified on 8/19/2067! Could that be a
    >> corrupted file? Again, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help that
    >> problem either. I have a newer video card and the latest drivers. IE
    >> never crashes on pages with Java so I have to use it to view those
    >> problem pages, and it's a real pain!
    >>
    >> Sharon

    > I'm not familiar with the problem you describe, but I know that Netscape
    > and Mozilla don't always coexist well. If you're allowing both Mozilla and
    > Netscape to run their "Quick Launch" background processes simultaneously,
    > that might be part of your problem.
    >
    > If you see their icons in your system tray, turn them off and use only one
    > browser or the other and don't use Quick Launch for either browser. Also,
    > don't run both at the same time, and see if they're any more stable.
    >
    > Roy

    I don't use quick launch for either browser and I am also only running
    one browser at a time. If I have two open the other one will be IE
    because of problems with Netscape or Mozilla on a site containing Java.

    Sharon
    Sharon, Nov 6, 2003
  5. Sharon

    Roy Jones Guest

    On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 19:53:05 -0700, Sharon wrote:

    > Roy Jones wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:23:20 -0700, Sharon wrote:
    >>
    >>> I tried posting this to a Java newsgroup first but didn't have any luck.
    >>> Since I usually have better luck with this newsgroup I thought I'd try
    >>> here.
    >>>
    >>> I am having a problem with both Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.4.1 often
    >>> crashing with JS2350.DLL errors....most often when accessing or exiting
    >>> mail and newsgroups. I tried to solve the problem by updating to the
    >>> newest version of Sun Java but that just created a new problem. I now
    >>> often get DDHELP errors...usually when closing Netscape or Mozilla and I
    >>> am also still getting the JS2350.dll errors. I also have a problem with
    >>> both Netscape and Mozilla crashing on some web sites that contain a lot
    >>> of Java (such as http://www.karcheskycanna.com/ ). My computer freezes
    >>> whenever I try to access that site. I tried uninstalling and
    >>> reinstalling Java but get the same results. I noticed something strange
    >>> though when I was looking through java files. One of the files,
    >>> javaws.jar is listed as being modified on 8/19/2067! Could that be a
    >>> corrupted file? Again, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help that
    >>> problem either. I have a newer video card and the latest drivers. IE
    >>> never crashes on pages with Java so I have to use it to view those
    >>> problem pages, and it's a real pain!
    >>>
    >>> Sharon

    >> I'm not familiar with the problem you describe, but I know that Netscape
    >> and Mozilla don't always coexist well. If you're allowing both Mozilla and
    >> Netscape to run their "Quick Launch" background processes simultaneously,
    >> that might be part of your problem.
    >>
    >> If you see their icons in your system tray, turn them off and use only one
    >> browser or the other and don't use Quick Launch for either browser. Also,
    >> don't run both at the same time, and see if they're any more stable.
    >>
    >> Roy

    > I don't use quick launch for either browser and I am also only running
    > one browser at a time. If I have two open the other one will be IE
    > because of problems with Netscape or Mozilla on a site containing Java.
    >
    > Sharon

    What version of the JDK or JRE are you using? I searched my own system for
    DDHELP and JS2350.dll and found neither file. I have JDK ver 1.4.1. Do you
    have the Microsoft JVM loaded as well? If so, is that where those files are
    located? Try running a search for the file locations. That might be a clue
    to the source of the problem.
    Roy Jones, Nov 6, 2003
  6. Sharon

    nemo Guest

    Sharon,

    Try some of these and see if they're any help:

    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=ddhelp +mozilla

    or in case of word wrap problems, the same link, but shorter:

    http://tinyurl.com/tv61

    Regards

    nemo

    nemo, Nov 6, 2003
  7. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    nemo wrote:
    > Sharon,
    >
    > Try some of these and see if they're any help:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=ddhelp +mozilla
    >
    > or in case of word wrap problems, the same link, but shorter:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/tv61
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > nemo

    Thanks Nemo,

    I found that particular thread while searching for information and it
    seems that the only thing that helped was to go back to an earlier
    version of Sun Java...which I have just done to see if it works. His
    problems just about duplicated mine.

    Sharon
    Sharon, Nov 6, 2003