    causing it to grow.

    And here I thought Java’s garbage collection was supposed to SOLVE the
    memory leak problem once and for all, not just push it somewhere else...
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 20, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Enkidu Guest

    > <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/virtualization/appdynamics-3-zeroing-in-on-java-workload-memory-leaks/2461>:
    >
    > Automatic Leak Detection: For applications in production,
    > AppDynamics 3.0 provides real-time monitoring of Java heaps and
    > garbage collection to automatically detect memory leaks as they
    > happen. Root Cause Diagnostics: AppDynamics 3.0 provides actionable
    > diagnostics by discovering the contents of a leak, identifying who is
    > adding data to memory structures, as well as which business
    > transaction or code path is causing it to grow.
    >
    > And here I thought Java’s garbage collection was supposed to SOLVE
    > the memory leak problem once and for all, not just push it somewhere
    > else...

    "While it’s true that Java’s garbage collector (GC) helps to eliminate
    the most common memory leak issues from applications, it is
    unfortunately still possible to experience memory leaks in Java".

    http://olex.openlogic.com/wazi/2009/how-to-fix-memory-leaks-in-java/

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    The end excuses any evil - Sophocles