    I uninstalled it and have the regular version of java going and that
    seems to be working fine. I was just wondering what other people's
    experances were using it.
    Michael Zerr, Jul 27, 2005

  2. Did you download it from here?
    http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs...5.0_04-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg

    Its possible that those P2P applications need some updating first to support
    a "64-bit" native version of Java, since LimeWire is using the i386 Java.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 27, 2005

  3. Thanks for that one, Andre.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 27, 2005
  4. Michael Zerr

    Ted Guest

    I have an old article on how to uninstall the regular version
    before installing the SUN version.
    I never used it, don't know if it applies to 64 bit IE.

    You might want to remove the Microsoft JVM, which Microsoft no longer
    supports, in favor of the more recent Sun Microsystems JVM. To remove the
    Microsoft JVM, perform the following steps:

    From the Start menu, select Run.
    Enter the command
    RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection java.inf,UnInstall
    to start the uninstall process
    Click Yes to the confirmation, then select Reboot.
    After the machine restarts, delete the following items:
    the \%systemroot%\java folder
    java.pnf from the \%systemroot%\inf folder
    jview.exe and wjview.exe from the \%systemroot%\system32 folder
    The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Java VM registry subkey
    The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet
    Explorer\AdvancedOptions\JAVA_VM registry subkey (to remove the Microsoft
    Internet Explorer (IE) options)

    Microsoft Java is now removed. You can download Sun's newer JVM for Windows
    at http://java.sun.com/getjava/index.html. but in your case you need to
    download the 64 bit one.

    Ted, Jul 27, 2005
  5. No probs Colin. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 27, 2005