    wopuld be helpful for a beginner.

    thanks,
    ~ME

    =?Utf-8?B?TWU=?=, Nov 19, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWU=?=

    spamcram Guest

    Methinks you won't be having any problem with the test, then. :)

    spamcram, Nov 19, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWU=?=

    Arthur Hsu Guest

    Since you know Java, you'd better choose C# track, that would make your
    switch to Microsoft world easier.
    (C# "looks" very similar to Java, however, when you dig in, you will know
    you still have a lot to learn.)

    You need 5 tests to get your MCSD. For a beginner, I'd suggest that you may
    consider to get an MCAD first, that is

    70-316 (Windows form programming)
    70-315 (Web programming)
    70-320 (XML Web service programming)

    You need to know SQL to some degree in order to pass the three tests. I
    personally favors Amit Kalani's books for the three topics, they helped me
    get my MCSD :) Do some research on Amazon.com and see if you can get a good
    discount (sorry, mine is sold already).

    For MCSD, I pick 70-229 (SQL server 2000) and 70-300 (design and
    architecture). However, it may be a bit hard for college students
    especially 70-300. By the way, SQL 2005 is coming out, and you may need to
    consider your test-taking schedule.

    Sybex's book on 70-229 is really good. For 70-300, I use Exam Cram 2. Exam
    Cram 2 itself is good but the accompanying CD simply sucks. I'm glad that I
    have enough field experience to pass that exam.

    -Arthur

    Arthur Hsu, Nov 19, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWU=?=

    Rajamani Guest

    how to start preparing for MCSD with C# and XML?

    Hi,

    I had VC++ experience, how do i do MCSD exam to Visual C#
    and XML.

    Please guide me.

    Thanks

    R.Rajamani

    Rajamani, Nov 25, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TWU=?=

    sandeep Guest

    best centre for joining mscd in banglore

    hello sir/mam
    i am basically from punjab
    but in this time i am in banglore
    i want to do mcsd
    so which center is good for preparting mscd exams.
    please reply me as soon as possible
    thanking you
    sandeep

    sandeep, Nov 26, 2004
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TWU=?=

    Vipul Patel Guest

    Yes, the Self Paced training Kit is a good one for beginners. I would also
    recommend Amit Kalani's books for a sure-shot success at the exams.

    Regards
    Vipul

    Vipul Patel, Dec 10, 2004
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TWU=?=

    Vipul Patel Guest

    Re: how to start preparing for MCSD with C# and XML?

    To begin with, You shall need to learn .NET concepts.

    Your programming skills will suerely help to pick up the language faster.

    Best of luck

    Regards
    Vipul

    PS: MCSD in the C++ stream has been removed. You will need to clear in the
    C# stream or wait for possible C++.NET exams :)

    Vipul Patel, Dec 10, 2004