Java/ByteVerify

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sam Salt, Mar 7, 2004.

  1. Sam Salt

    Sam Salt Guest

    When I run Ad-aware ,AVG Resident Shield pops up and says there is infection
    with Java/ByteVerify in files:-
    C:\Program Files|Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Cache\B.Class

    \counter.class

    \Verifier Bug.class ( twice )
    \Black
    Box.class

    It says I need to run AVG Anti Virus.When I run it nothing is found and the
    same with a scan from Trend.I have searched for these files but no " cache "
    exists in the Ad-aware 6 folder.I was infected by this trojan as the Virus
    Vault in AVG contained the healed files,I have deleted these.I have deleted
    the cache in the Java Plug-In.I have uninstalled Ad-aware and deleted all
    the folders and registry entries and reinstalled a new version but still the
    AVG Resident Shield pops up.

    Has anyone any idea how to cure this problem.I have XP Pro.

    Thanks,

    Sam Salt

    ---

    Sam Salt, Mar 7, 2004