    Can anyone help . Have you heard of this virus .

    Thanx in advance
    Bruce

    Bruce, Jan 21, 2006

  2. Bruce

    Jack Black Guest

    I too use AVG 7.1, BUT I let AVG delete the file from my machine. You
    will see the file is located in the temp internet files. The file is
    nothing other than a problem. MS can not help you!

    Jack Black, Jan 21, 2006

  3. Bruce

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Bruce" <> wrote in message
    >I am running windows XP on a Compac Presario bought two years ago . I have
    >a ZoneAlarm firewall and am using AVG free virus scanning . Having just
    >completed a scan , AVG have told me that I have the above virus for which I
    >can get a fix from microsoft update . I have been to the update site but
    >can find no mention of this virus .
    > Can anyone help . Have you heard of this virus .

    It's an "exploit", not a "virus".

    I believe this is the MS info on this exploit:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-011.mspx

    See if this helps:
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    or

    Toolman Tim, Jan 21, 2006
  4. Bruce

    Chris Guest

    Good Afternoon
    Had same problem, using Sun Java, fixed by turning off caching in the java
    console, temp internet files, view applets, uncheck.

    Reg
    Chris,

    Chris, Jan 21, 2006