java broke in firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by toedipper, May 24, 2008.

  1. toedipper

    toedipper Guest

    Hi all,

    Kubuntu 8.04
    Firefox 2.0.0.14
    Java 6

    Any time I browse to a java page I get the old 'additional plugins
    required etc etc' you get the picture.

    Java is installed ok, it works with Opera and Opera finds it here
    /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/lib/i386

    Here's the background

    I had Kubuntu 7.10, java via Automatix which worked fine with Kubuntu
    and then did an upgrade to 8.04 which installed Kubuntu 8.04 over the
    top of 7.10

    This installed Firefox 3 beta which I did not like so I uninstalled this
    and reinstalled Firefox 2 which is 2.0.0.14 I'm still with Kubuntu 8.04

    Since that Firefox cannot use Java.

    Any ideas?

    Cheers,

    toe

    http://www.vistaisrubbish.com

    toedipper, May 24, 2008

  2. On 2008-05-24, toedipper <> wrote:

    > Kubuntu 8.04
    > Firefox 2.0.0.14
    > Java 6
    >
    > Any time I browse to a java page I get the old 'additional plugins
    > required etc etc' you get the picture.
    >
    > Java is installed ok, it works with Opera and Opera finds it here
    > /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/lib/i386
    >
    > Here's the background
    >
    > I had Kubuntu 7.10, java via Automatix which worked fine with Kubuntu
    > and then did an upgrade to 8.04 which installed Kubuntu 8.04 over the
    > top of 7.10
    >
    > This installed Firefox 3 beta which I did not like so I uninstalled this
    > and reinstalled Firefox 2 which is 2.0.0.14 I'm still with Kubuntu 8.04
    >
    > Since that Firefox cannot use Java.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Is there a sym-link from the libjavaplugin_oji.so file in your java
    installation to the plugins directory of your firefox installation?

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, May 24, 2008