java bit manipulation

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kamerad Milosch, Sep 18, 2007.

  1. Kamerad Milosch

    Kamerad Milosch

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Hello,

    Can anyone show me the most elegant way to store bit level data into stream?
    I need this for implementing some compression algorithms like "lz77". I guess I would need something like this:

    MyStream ms = new MyStream();
    BitSet bs = ...; //let say that bs contain some bit data like 0111011
    //or vector of boolean values:
    Vector vb = ... // ... some bit data like 0111011

    //I need this method :
    ms.write(bs) ;
    //or:
    ms.write(vb) ;

    *One thing also: I need to implement this in J2ME, and J2EE (client server application) for compressing xml data.

    Plz, help me if you have ever done something like this.

    Thanks!
    Kamerad Milosch, Sep 18, 2007