    Location:
    Sussex
    Java is everywhere - driving the web in particular - My interest is to use Java driving real world applications through USB using applications on a PC/ Notebook or through the web - I have little knowledge - read 3 books and block designed a USB driven 200 channel theatre / disco lighting system. The strength of Java is its ability to work on any platform - by a combination of compiled and interpreted code - but when it comes to touching the real world there is a conflict of philosophies – Java floats free of operating systems whereas the specifics of an OS must be referred to when interfacing real world applications. I have seen a couple of adverts for software claiming to bridge the void. I suspect they use a combination of Java and some other O.O. L (C?) – but it seems to me that a concerted effort on the web would produce a general range of solutions leading to a suite of interfaces – enough – Responses?

    Still Bill, Oct 20, 2006

  2. Still Bill

    raghukiran

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    hi every one i have installed j2se1.4,tomcat1.4 on my computer.somebody help me,what are other software regarding j2ee are to be installed.

    raghukiran, Mar 25, 2007

  3. Still Bill

    iman246105

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    I have problem in java program if someone can help me will be very appreciate.

    iman246105, Oct 15, 2007
  4. Still Bill

    smartboy07

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    windhoek, namibia
    Can somebody please advise me on where to get the best Java compiler E.G javac.

    Thanks

    smartboy07, Feb 19, 2008