    also is there any apps that you have used that you think is cool/ usfull
    etc..??

    Daniel

    Daniel, Aug 9, 2004

  2. Daniel wrote:
    > i have just got a nokia 5100, that can run java apps.
    > just wondering if any app for a cellphone works on one of these or whether
    > java apps for phones are spesfic to that phone??

    > also is there any apps that you have used that you think is cool/ usfull
    > etc..??

    from wehat I have read on it, they are usually designed for a particular
    screen resolution, and as each phone is different, it is usually for
    each phone.

    There are exceptions, I know that some of the apps designed for the
    Sharp GX10 will play on it's replacement phones(GX10i, GX20, GX30), but
    alas, thats about all I know on the subject.

    apps I think are cool? ummm none yet, although the PDA Ipod software is
    pretty cool.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 9, 2004

  3. On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 12:05:05 +1200, Daniel <> wrote:

    >i have just got a nokia 5100, that can run java apps.
    >
    >just wondering if any app for a cellphone works on one of these or whether
    >java apps for phones are spesfic to that phone??
    >
    >also is there any apps that you have used that you think is cool/ usfull
    >etc..??
    >
    >Daniel

    Yes its called Google..

    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 9, 2004
  4. Daniel

    Harry Guest

    Daniel wrote:

    > i have just got a nokia 5100, that can run java apps.
    >
    > just wondering if any app for a cellphone works on one of these or whether
    > java apps for phones are spesfic to that phone??
    >
    > also is there any apps that you have used that you think is cool/ usfull
    > etc..??

    They are quite handset specific.
    However some will be coded to work on a range of handsets.
    As is usually the case, all phone manufacturers have agreed to differ.

    Similar to the situation where people write Java apps for Windows
    which then wont run on Sun (who created Java)!

    The mind boggles as to what would happen if people *didn't* cooperate.

    Harry, Aug 9, 2004
  5. On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 12:05:05 +1200, Daniel <> wrote:

    >i have just got a nokia 5100, that can run java apps.
    >
    >just wondering if any app for a cellphone works on one of these or whether
    >java apps for phones are spesfic to that phone??

    On my Nokia 6820, I use:

    Virca - IRC client
    Mobile SSH - as it says.. Telnet/SSH client

    Everything else is a game :)

    --
    Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    Gisborne, New Zealand

    Kristofer Clayton, Aug 9, 2004
  6. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    SSH sounds good :) but so slow with a phone to type... do u get tab
    completion?

    Daniel, Aug 9, 2004
  7. On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:53:44 +1200, Daniel <> wrote:

    >> On my Nokia 6820, I use:
    >>
    >> Virca - IRC client
    >> Mobile SSH - as it says.. Telnet/SSH client

    >SSH sounds good :) but so slow with a phone to type... do u get tab
    >completion?

    Er, I don't think my phone has a tab key :)

    Kristofer Clayton, Aug 10, 2004
  8. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    >>doesntounds good :) but so slow with a phone to type... do u get tab
    >>completion?

    > Er, I don't think my phone has a tab key :)

    it dosnt capture some other key as a tab?

    Daniel, Aug 10, 2004
  9. Kristofer Clayton wrote:
    >>>Virca - IRC client
    >>>Mobile SSH - as it says.. Telnet/SSH client

    >>SSH sounds good :) but so slow with a phone to type... do u get tab
    >>completion?

    > Er, I don't think my phone has a tab key :)

    you have the wrong phone then :)

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz