    but its very slow.
    Why wont it use the cached applet?
    Im using winXp pro sp2 with all updates. intel core 2 duo. 2gb ram.

    Tom, Jan 31, 2008

  2. Tom

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 03:34:54 +1100, Tom wrote:

    >When trying to play online java games, the game will load once then will

    You don't mention name of game / URL / version of Java

    >not load again unless i clear the temp files in Java console.

    It's not a firewall issue preventing checking the applet code is already
    downloaded?

    The recommendations for the game are?

    >Ive used the latest sun java and older versions.

    Which is?

    Did you clear out all the old / new versions first before trying a
    different one? Don't mean just uninstall but look through Sun Java site
    for manual removal instructions.

    >Tried ie7,firefox and netscape browsers.

    Good.

    >If i set java to not cache applets, it works fine but has to load the
    >applet every time before i can play. This is a temporary solution
    >but its very slow.

    Faster connection?

    >Why wont it use the cached applet?

    It's software, it was written by somone

    We have this problem at work, run 1 app 1 Java ver, switch to another
    app which requests another ver and as you say it's a problem.

    The only solutionswe have are

    a) close all open browser windows before switching apps.
    b) don't cache
    c) clear cache.

    >Im using winXp pro sp2 with all updates. intel core 2 duo. 2gb ram.

    You may want to look for a Sun Java newsgroup / Sun online community and
    ask there.

    Me

    why?, Jan 31, 2008