    The counter does not display correctly in Firefox.

    Is there a fix for this?

    Dick S
    Dick Stouffer, Oct 4, 2004

  2. On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 06:45:26 +0000, Dick Stouffer wrote:

    > My web host provides a Java Applet that creates a Vistor Counter which is displayed on my main web page.
    >
    > <applet code='counter' codebase='http://rdstouffer.net/v-web/counter'
    > width='60' height='20'>
    > <param name='counter' value='041003'>
    > <param name='style' value='Q'>
    > <param name='minsize' value='4'>
    > <param name='bgcolor' value='#FFFFFF'>
    > <param name='twoclicks' value='http://rdstouffer.net'>
    > </applet>
    >
    > The counter does not display correctly in Firefox.
    >
    > Is there a fix for this?

    Is that the counter on this page: http://rdstouffer.net/chuckle.html

    It displays just fine in Firefox 1.0 on my Mandrake 10.0 box.

    Nick
    Nick de Graeve, Oct 4, 2004

  3. Nick de Graeve wrote:
    > On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 06:45:26 +0000, Dick Stouffer wrote:
    >

    >>My web host provides a Java Applet that creates a Vistor Counter which is displayed on my main web page.
    >>
    >><applet code='counter' codebase='http://rdstouffer.net/v-web/counter'
    >> width='60' height='20'>
    >> <param name='counter' value='041003'>
    >> <param name='style' value='Q'>
    >> <param name='minsize' value='4'>
    >> <param name='bgcolor' value='#FFFFFF'>
    >> <param name='twoclicks' value='http://rdstouffer.net'>
    >></applet>
    >>
    >>The counter does not display correctly in Firefox.
    >>
    >>Is there a fix for this?

    > Is that the counter on this page: http://rdstouffer.net/chuckle.html
    >
    > It displays just fine in Firefox 1.0 on my Mandrake 10.0 box.

    And the same for Windows 2000.

    Nick
    Nick de Graeve, Oct 4, 2004
  4. "Nick de Graeve" <nick.degraeve@pandora_DOT_be> wrote in message
    | Nick de Graeve wrote:
    | > On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 06:45:26 +0000, Dick Stouffer wrote:
    | >

    | >>My web host provides a Java Applet that creates a Vistor Counter which is
    displayed on my main web page.

    | >><applet code='counter' codebase='http://rdstouffer.net/v-web/counter'
    | >> width='60' height='20'>
    | >> <param name='counter' value='041003'>
    | >> <param name='style' value='Q'>
    | >> <param name='minsize' value='4'>
    | >> <param name='bgcolor' value='#FFFFFF'>
    | >> <param name='twoclicks' value='http://rdstouffer.net'>
    | >></applet>
    | >>
    | >>The counter does not display correctly in Firefox.
    | >>
    | >>Is there a fix for this?
    | >

    | > Is that the counter on this page: http://rdstouffer.net/chuckle.html
    | >
    | > It displays just fine in Firefox 1.0 on my Mandrake 10.0 box.
    |
    | And the same for Windows 2000.
    |
    | Nick

    Hmmmm. Strange. It does not display correctly (it's just a green blob . . .)
    on my Firefox 1.0 Win98se. I keep both IE and FF up so I can switch back and
    forth, but I'd really like to eliminate IE all together. Any ideas?

    Dick S
    Dick Stouffer, Oct 4, 2004
  5. Dick Stouffer wrote:
    > "Nick de Graeve" <nick.degraeve@pandora_DOT_be> wrote in message
    > | Nick de Graeve wrote:

    > displayed on my main web page.

    > | > Is that the counter on this page: http://rdstouffer.net/chuckle.html
    > | >
    > | > It displays just fine in Firefox 1.0 on my Mandrake 10.0 box.
    > |
    > | And the same for Windows 2000.
    > |
    > | Nick
    >
    > Hmmmm. Strange. It does not display correctly (it's just a green blob . . .)
    > on my Firefox 1.0 Win98se. I keep both IE and FF up so I can switch back and
    > forth, but I'd really like to eliminate IE all together. Any ideas?
    >
    > Dick S

    Working fine from here. Any other java issues noted? What does
    about:plugins have to say about java?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 4, 2004
  6. Dick Stouffer wrote:
    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    > | Dick Stouffer wrote:
    > | > "Nick de Graeve" <nick.degraeve@pandora_DOT_be> wrote in message

    > is
    > | > displayed on my main web page.

    > | > |
    > | > |

    > | > Hmmmm. Strange. It does not display correctly (it's just a green blob . .
    > .)
    > | > on my Firefox 1.0 Win98se. I keep both IE and FF up so I can switch back
    > and
    > | > forth, but I'd really like to eliminate IE all together. Any ideas?
    > | >
    > | > Dick S
    > | >

    > | Working fine from here. Any other java issues noted? What does
    > | about:plugins have to say about java?
    > |
    > | Lee
    >
    > Plugins appear to be up-to-date. The Java code executes on my web host's
    > server, then the resulting image is sent to my browser. For some reason FF
    > doesn't interpret it correctly. It's just a green blob. If this newsgroup
    > allows attachments, you can see it above as firefox02.jpg. firefox05 is what it
    > is supposed to look like and does in IE.
    >
    > Dick S

    The second image is exactly what I see in FF, with very different
    numbers. Now its up to 0171. If I disable java, I see nothing.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 5, 2004
  7. | > Plugins appear to be up-to-date. The Java code executes on my web host's
    | > server, then the resulting image is sent to my browser. For some reason FF
    | > doesn't interpret it correctly. It's just a green blob. If this newsgroup
    | > allows attachments, you can see it above as firefox02.jpg. firefox05 is
    what it
    | > is supposed to look like and does in IE.
    | >
    | > Dick S
    | >

    | The second image is exactly what I see in FF, with very different
    | numbers. Now its up to 0171. If I disable java, I see nothing.
    |
    | Lee
    All right, Lee. You are a BIG help here. Something in my FF configuration is
    wrong. You're able to see the counter display; I can't. Please, give some
    clues. What settings might I have wrong?

    Dick S
    Dick Stouffer, Oct 5, 2004
  8. Dick Stouffer wrote:
    > | > Plugins appear to be up-to-date. The Java code executes on my web host's
    > | > server, then the resulting image is sent to my browser. For some reason FF
    > | > doesn't interpret it correctly. It's just a green blob. If this newsgroup
    > | > allows attachments, you can see it above as firefox02.jpg. firefox05 is
    > what it
    > | > is supposed to look like and does in IE.
    > | >
    > | > Dick S
    > | >

    > | The second image is exactly what I see in FF, with very different
    > | numbers. Now its up to 0171. If I disable java, I see nothing.
    > |
    > | Lee
    > All right, Lee. You are a BIG help here. Something in my FF configuration is
    > wrong. You're able to see the counter display; I can't. Please, give some
    > clues. What settings might I have wrong?
    >
    > Dick S

    I wish I could be of more help. I have in about:plugins jave 1.4.2_05

    What version do you see.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 5, 2004
  9. "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    FF
    | > what it

    | > |
    | > | The second image is exactly what I see in FF, with very different
    | > | numbers. Now its up to 0171. If I disable java, I see nothing.
    | > |
    | > | Lee
    | > All right, Lee. You are a BIG help here. Something in my FF configuration
    is
    | > wrong. You're able to see the counter display; I can't. Please, give some
    | > clues. What settings might I have wrong?
    | >
    | > Dick S
    | >

    | I wish I could be of more help. I have in about:plugins jave 1.4.2_05
    |
    | What version do you see.
    |
    | Lee
    ***
    Well, I installed Java 1.4.2_05 but it didn't help. The counter value still
    appears as a green "blob." I've sent out a plea for help to my friends who are
    using Firefox. Perhaps I'll learn something from them. Thanks for trying to
    help me, Lee.
    ***
    Dick Stouffer, Oct 5, 2004