    When I try to use the scanner feature I get the following error message:

    "could not find crlscsi.sys Kernal Mode driver, or no host adapter found"

    Help?
    anon, Mar 11, 2008

  2. anon

    SJP Guest

    "anon" <pa_ > wrote in message
    news:...
    > When I try to use the scanner feature I get the following error message:
    >
    > "could not find crlscsi.sys Kernal Mode driver, or no host adapter found"
    >
    > Help?

    Operating system? Make/Model scanner?
    SJP, Mar 11, 2008

  3. anon

    Lookout Guest

    On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:35:39 -0400, "anon" <pa_ >
    wrote:

    >When I try to use the scanner feature I get the following error message:
    >
    >"could not find crlscsi.sys Kernal Mode driver, or no host adapter found"
    >
    >Help?

    Re-install
    Lookout, Mar 11, 2008
  4. anon

    Evan Platt Guest

    wrote:

    >When I try to use the scanner feature I get the following error message:
    >
    >"could not find crlscsi.sys Kernal Mode driver, or no host adapter found"
    >
    >Help?

    Isn't PSP 8 a few years old? Did this ever work? Maybe time to
    upgrade.
    Evan Platt, Mar 11, 2008
  5. anon

    Alang Guest

    11/03/2008 Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:35:39 -0400, "anon" <pa_ >
    > wrote:
    >
    > > When I try to use the scanner feature I get the following error
    > > message:
    > >
    > > "could not find crlscsi.sys Kernal Mode driver, or no host
    > > adapter found"
    > >
    > > Help?

    > Isn't PSP 8 a few years old? Did this ever work? Maybe time to
    > upgrade.

    It came in a few incarnations. Some of them quite buggy.ISTR 8 was
    one of the buggy ones. I'm still using PSP6 which is quite stable and
    does everything I want.

    As one poster said a reinstall may help.

    Why a Corel draw file is needed for PSP is curious. Best delete the
    directory in program files assuming a microsoft system before
    reinstalling.
    Alang, Mar 11, 2008
  6. anon

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:35:39 -0400, "anon" <pa_ > wrote:

    PSP 8 is getting on a bit, time for an upgrade?

    >When I try to use the scanner feature I get the following error message:
    >
    >"could not find crlscsi.sys Kernal Mode driver, or no host adapter found"

    Corel SCSI driver?

    So it's what OS, and Scanner make/model, and it's connected, turned on,
    appears in device manager, works in another application, host adpater
    installed is SCSI/IDE or what type of connection and it's drivers as
    well?

    >Help?

    Help?

    Here -> www.google.com

    Search for crlscsi.sys

    Results 1 - 10 of about 371 for
    crlscsi.sys
    .. (0.20 seconds)

    Not that many to look through, do further searches adding your system
    info,

    Results 1 - 9 of 9 for
    crlscsi.sys paint
    .. (0.22 seconds)

    Me
    why?, Mar 11, 2008
  7. anon

    Lookout Guest

    On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:21:49 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:35:39 -0400, "anon" <pa_ >
    >wrote:
    >
    >>When I try to use the scanner feature I get the following error message:
    >>
    >>"could not find crlscsi.sys Kernal Mode driver, or no host adapter found"
    >>
    >>Help?

    >Isn't PSP 8 a few years old? Did this ever work? Maybe time to
    >upgrade.

    Works fine. I still use it. After 8 it became as bloated as Corel.
    Lookout, Mar 11, 2008
  8. anon

    sandy58 Guest

    On Mar 11, 4:21 pm, Evan Platt <>
    wrote:
    > On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:35:39 -0400, "anon" <pa_ >
    > wrote:
    >
    > >When I try to use the scanner feature I get the following error message:

    > >"could not find crlscsi.sys Kernal Mode driver, or no host adapter found"

    > >Help?

    > Isn't PSP 8 a few years old? Did this ever work? Maybe time to
    > upgrade.

    Hi, Pa Bill.
    I have version 7 Jasc PSP & it's been running for me for years,
    no "scanning" probs whatever. I also have V9 but prefer v7 for
    some obscure reason I have long forgotten.
    Now I remember why I liked v7 better. Less useless updated files.
    Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 Download mine from link below.
    No serial/crack needed. Runs with my Canon scanner & Creative Webcam.
    Good luck, Pa Bill :)
    http://download.yousendit.com/88F8F60C22EAC870
    PS. The d'load link lasts for 7 days only.:)
    sandy58, Mar 11, 2008
  9. anon

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:47:12 +0000, Alang wrote:

    > Why a Corel draw file is needed for PSP is curious.

    Could it be because Corel bought out JASC a couple of years ago?

    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com
    Aardvark, Mar 11, 2008
  10. anon

    Alang Guest

    11/03/2008 Aardvark wrote:

    > On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:47:12 +0000, Alang wrote:
    >
    > > Why a Corel draw file is needed for PSP is curious.

    > Could it be because Corel bought out JASC a couple of years ago?

    I didn't know that.
    Maybe why it doesn't work anymore
    Alang, Mar 11, 2008
  11. anon

    Lookout Guest

    On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:46:00 GMT, "Alang" <>
    wrote:

    >11/03/2008 Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:47:12 +0000, Alang wrote:
    >>
    >> > Why a Corel draw file is needed for PSP is curious.

    >> Could it be because Corel bought out JASC a couple of years ago?

    >I didn't know that.
    >Maybe why it doesn't work anymore

    Nah..nothing to do with it. A file went bad (it happens) or the link
    to the file got erased\changed. Re-install the program and all will be
    fine.
    Lookout, Mar 11, 2008
  12. anon

    Tim Guest

    anon wrote:
    > When I try to use the scanner feature I get the following error
    > message:
    > "could not find crlscsi.sys Kernal Mode driver, or no host adapter
    > found"
    > Help?

    Several possibilities...

    Make sure you have PSP 8 patched to version 8.10. Several scanner
    problems were fixed by this. (List of patches for different language
    versions -
    http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satell...21224268&c=Content_C1&lc=en&pid=1153321344211
    or http://snipr.com/psp810).

    A scanner can be use in two ways in PSP 8. Either via TWAIN from File >
    Import > TWAIN > Acquire, or via WIA using File > Import > From Camera
    or Scanner. If you're getting an error using one method, try using the
    other.

    Check to see if there is an updated scanner driver, and look on your
    scanner manufacturer's website for installation instructions or
    instructions for fixing TWAIN.

    If you want to try reinstalling PSP 8, use the ZapPS utility to
    uninstall (ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/PaintShopPro/X/zapps.exe), then
    reinstall and patch to version 8.10 if needed.

    --
    Tim
    Tim, Mar 14, 2008