    Can somebody please help with this.

    Thanks in advance
    Denny B
    Denny B, Feb 11, 2006

  2. Denny B

    Tony Guest

    "Denny B" <> wrote in message
    news:%5oHf.90$...
    >I am new to Paint Shop Pro and have been trying to work with
    > images. How do I clear the images and how after playing
    > around with them do I eliminate the playing around images
    > and just get back to the original I had before playing around.
    >
    > Even if i close the window and then bring the original image
    > intoPaint Shop Pro it has all those playing around things I did.
    >
    > I just want to CLEAR everything.
    >
    > Can somebody please help with this.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Denny B

    If you have saved the image then you can't undo any changes you have made.
    When you open an image to change, it is best to save it as a new image so if
    your changes go wrong, you can start again with the original image. Also a
    good idea to do interim saves as you go along.
    Tony, Feb 11, 2006

  3. Denny B wrote:

    > I am new to Paint Shop Pro and have been trying to work with images.
    > How do I clear the images and how after playing around with them do I
    > eliminate the playing around images and just get back to the original
    > I had before playing around.

    Edit > Undo

    It will "undo" each of your changes, one at a time.

    ...and as Tony said, never work on your only copy of an image.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 11, 2006
  4. Denny B

    old jon Guest

    "Denny B" <> wrote in message
    >I am new to Paint Shop Pro and have been trying to work with
    > images. How do I clear the images and how after playing
    > around with them do I eliminate the playing around images
    > and just get back to the original I had before playing around.
    >
    > Even if i close the window and then bring the original image
    > intoPaint Shop Pro it has all those playing around things I did.
    >
    > I just want to CLEAR everything.
    >
    > Can somebody please help with this.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Denny B

    Further to what Tony and Beau said, PSP has a very good Help system
    built in.
    It`s a darn good program.

    --
    bw..OJ
    old jon, Feb 11, 2006
  5. Today Denny B commented courteously on the subject at hand

    > I am new to Paint Shop Pro and have been trying to work
    > with images. How do I clear the images and how after
    > playing around with them do I eliminate the playing around
    > images and just get back to the original I had before
    > playing around.
    >
    > Even if i close the window and then bring the original
    > image intoPaint Shop Pro it has all those playing around
    > things I did.
    >
    > I just want to CLEAR everything.
    >
    > Can somebody please help with this.

    Reload the original image, like from your camera. If an
    original work, go to the History Pallette and do a selective
    Undo of what you don't like. But, if you've blown away or
    over-written the original image or discovered the problem
    after you blew away the in-memory bitmap in PSP, you're
    screwed except to the extent you can tweak it back some from
    whatever is left.

    Now, how about telling us what version of PSP you're using,
    what you were trying to do when the problem occurred, and what
    you've tried so far. I run PSP 9, but may still be able to
    help you with 8 or X, since the basic principles are the same.

    When I did PC work as part of my job, whether it was graphics,
    MS Word, PowerPoint, whatever, I used to regularly save my
    work - to a different file name - just in case I had what used
    to be known as "an editing disaster", meaning you make a
    blunder that cannot be recovered from. Then, when I was
    /sure/ I'd done everything right, I deleted the multiple
    copies. But, before I did that, I made a temp copy to floppy
    or to another place on my HD or server.

    I do the same today, although my backups go on a real-time
    basis to a Maxtor external HD, and I make CD or DVD backups at
    least once a month of what changed. HD space is well under a
    buck a gig, so there's no reason not to waste a little to
    protect your sanity. Ditto for optical discs.

    Call me overly cautious, but several sayings come to mind,
    including "a fool and his time are soon parted," "never give
    Murphy an even break," and "always obey the 6 P Principle,"
    "Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance." Save, to a
    different file name, as often as you do not want to risk an
    unrecoverable blunder or, God forbid, PSP or Windoze taking a
    powder, both of which can and do happen.

    --
    ATM, aka Jerry
    All Things Mopar, Feb 11, 2006
  6. Today old jon commented courteously on the subject at hand

    > Further to what Tony and Beau said, PSP has a very good
    > Help system built in.
    > It`s a darn good program.

    PSP, at least up to 9, is a great program. X is a debatable
    benefit, but it is univerally agreed that X's Help sucks. 9's
    Help is better but it will only tell you how to use tools and
    functions, and /not/ what tool/function needs to be used for
    problems du jour. For that, you need books, tutorials, and "a
    little help from your friends." And, for PSP, point your
    favorite news reader to cnews.corel.com and subscribe to
    whatever PSP NGs suit your fancy. Lots of very knowledgeable,
    very helpful people on CNews.

    --
    ATM, aka Jerry
    All Things Mopar, Feb 11, 2006
  7. Denny B

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 09:15:47 -0700, "Denny B" <>
    wrote:

    >I am new to Paint Shop Pro and have been trying to work with
    >images. How do I clear the images and how after playing
    >around with them do I eliminate the playing around images
    >and just get back to the original I had before playing around.
    >
    >Even if i close the window and then bring the original image
    >intoPaint Shop Pro it has all those playing around things I did.
    >
    >I just want to CLEAR everything.
    >
    >Can somebody please help with this.
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >Denny B

    Others have answered and sent good solutions. Just to say that when
    you have made your changes use save as, and change the name or
    even safer, right click on the picture in your files that you want to
    use in PSP and copy it, then open the copy in PSP and you will always
    have the original jus in case.
    and for the same reason."
    joevan, Feb 11, 2006
  8. On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:32:00 -0600, All Things Mopar wrote:

    > Today old jon commented courteously on the subject at hand
    >
    >> Further to what Tony and Beau said, PSP has a very good
    >> Help system built in.
    >> It`s a darn good program.

    > PSP, at least up to 9, is a great program. X is a debatable
    > benefit, but it is univerally agreed that X's Help sucks. 9's

    Mine must be *really* good. I have 5.01 on a Windows box. :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 11, 2006
  9. Denny B

    old jon Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:32:00 -0600, All Things Mopar wrote:
    >
    >> Today old jon commented courteously on the subject at hand
    >>
    >>> Further to what Tony and Beau said, PSP has a very good
    >>> Help system built in.
    >>> It`s a darn good program.

    >> PSP, at least up to 9, is a great program. X is a debatable
    >> benefit, but it is univerally agreed that X's Help sucks. 9's

    > Mine must be *really* good. I have 5.01 on a Windows box. :)

    That must be rare nowadays, I bet you`ve had it since you were
    a baby shark <g>.

    old jon, Feb 11, 2006
  10. On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 20:13:07 +0000, old jon wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:32:00 -0600, All Things Mopar wrote:
    >>
    >>> Today old jon commented courteously on the subject at hand

    >>> PSP, at least up to 9, is a great program. X is a debatable
    >>> benefit, but it is univerally agreed that X's Help sucks. 9's

    >> Mine must be *really* good. I have 5.01 on a Windows box. :)
    >>

    > That must be rare nowadays, I bet you`ve had it since you were
    > a baby shark <g>.

    And it was an upgrade from 5; I still have both. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 11, 2006
  11. Denny B

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:59:13 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:32:00 -0600, All Things Mopar wrote:
    >
    >> Today old jon commented courteously on the subject at hand
    >>
    >>> Further to what Tony and Beau said, PSP has a very good
    >>> Help system built in.
    >>> It`s a darn good program.

    >> PSP, at least up to 9, is a great program. X is a debatable
    >> benefit, but it is univerally agreed that X's Help sucks. 9's

    >Mine must be *really* good. I have 5.01 on a Windows box. :)

    Why shucks, I been using 4.0 for a long time. Anything it caint do I
    use adobe photoshop like perspective correction or something like
    that. Mostly irfanview does most of what I need. Been working on
    everthing since 95. Win95, ME, and now XP.
    and for the same reason."
    joevan, Feb 11, 2006
  12. Denny B

    > On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 20:13:07 +0000, old jon wrote:
    >
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Mine must be *really* good. I have 5.01 on a Windows box. :)
    >>>

    >> That must be rare nowadays, I bet you`ve had it since you were
    >> a baby shark <g>.

    > And it was an upgrade from 5; I still have both. :)

    I`ve still got an original set of 4 discs for the Commodore Amiga 1000
    I had back in the 80`s . I don`t think they`ll come back into fashion tho`.
    What a shame.

    old jon, Feb 11, 2006
  13. On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 20:47:01 +0000, joevan wrote:

    > On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:59:13 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:32:00 -0600, All Things Mopar wrote:
    >>
    >>> Today old jon commented courteously on the subject at hand

    >>> PSP, at least up to 9, is a great program. X is a debatable benefit,
    >>> but it is univerally agreed that X's Help sucks. 9's

    >>Mine must be *really* good. I have 5.01 on a Windows box. :)

    > Why shucks, I been using 4.0 for a long time. Anything it caint do I use
    > adobe photoshop like perspective correction or something like

    Yeah, I use The GIMP. But I have PSP on an old Windows box, just so I
    don't have to walk across the room to Linux World. :)

    > that. Mostly irfanview does most of what I need. Been working on
    > everthing since 95. Win95, ME, and now XP.

    I can't remember if I got PSP when I was using 95 or 98. Or before.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 11, 2006
  14. Today Blinky the Shark commented courteously on the subject
    at hand

    > Mine must be *really* good. I have 5.01 on a Windows box.
    > :)

    Hey, Blinky! You're a tad out-of-date, fella! <grin>

    --
    ATM, aka Jerry
    All Things Mopar, Feb 11, 2006
  15. On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:58:52 -0600, All Things Mopar wrote:

    > Today Blinky the Shark commented courteously on the subject at hand
    >
    >> Mine must be *really* good. I have 5.01 on a Windows box. :)

    > Hey, Blinky! You're a tad out-of-date, fella! <grin>

    Only by a factor of 2x. :)

    It's not my primary editor, any more than Windows is my primary operating
    system. :) That said, it's still just fine on my play system that does
    have W2K (in a dual boot with SUSE 10.0 Linux).

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 11, 2006
  16. Today Blinky the Shark commented courteously on the subject
    at hand

    > On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:58:52 -0600, All Things Mopar wrote:
    >
    >> Today Blinky the Shark commented courteously on the
    >> subject at hand
    >>
    >>> Mine must be *really* good. I have 5.01 on a Windows
    >>> box. :)

    >> Hey, Blinky! You're a tad out-of-date, fella! <grin>

    > Only by a factor of 2x. :)

    Would that be binary, as in a power of 2, i.e., 4 versions out
    of date? That'd still only get you to 9. <grin>

    > It's not my primary editor, any more than Windows is my
    > primary operating system. :) That said, it's still just
    > fine on my play system that does have W2K (in a dual boot
    > with SUSE 10.0 Linux).

    As the Fonz would say "I knew that!" <grin> Someday, Blinky, you
    and my nephew will convince me to chuck Bill and leave the Dark
    Side!

    --
    ATM, aka Jerry
    All Things Mopar, Feb 11, 2006
  17. On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 15:28:38 -0600, All Things Mopar wrote:

    > Today Blinky the Shark commented courteously on the subject
    > at hand
    >
    >> On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:58:52 -0600, All Things Mopar wrote:
    >>
    >>> Today Blinky the Shark commented courteously on the
    >>> subject at hand

    >>> Hey, Blinky! You're a tad out-of-date, fella! <grin>

    >> Only by a factor of 2x. :)

    > Would that be binary, as in a power of 2, i.e., 4 versions out
    > of date? That'd still only get you to 9. <grin>

    I specified a multiplicative factor -- nothing ot do with addition.

    A factor of 2x, in fact: PSP5 X 2 = PSP10 :)

    >> It's not my primary editor, any more than Windows is my primary
    >> operating system. :) That said, it's still just fine on my play
    >> system that does have W2K (in a dual boot with SUSE 10.0 Linux).
    >>

    > As the Fonz would say "I knew that!" <grin> Someday, Blinky, you and my
    > nephew will convince me to chuck Bill and leave the Dark Side!

    I doubt it. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 11, 2006
  18. Denny B

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:09:57 -0800, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:58:52 -0600, All Things Mopar wrote:
    >
    >> Today Blinky the Shark commented courteously on the subject at hand
    >>
    >>> Mine must be *really* good. I have 5.01 on a Windows box. :)

    >> Hey, Blinky! You're a tad out-of-date, fella! <grin>

    >Only by a factor of 2x. :)
    >
    >It's not my primary editor, any more than Windows is my primary operating
    >system. :) That said, it's still just fine on my play system that does
    >have W2K (in a dual boot with SUSE 10.0 Linux).

    How is 2k running for you?

    --
    If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you
    don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology.
    Mara, Feb 11, 2006
  19. On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 17:39:32 -0600, Mara wrote:

    > On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:09:57 -0800, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:58:52 -0600, All Things Mopar wrote:
    >>
    >>> Today Blinky the Shark commented courteously on the subject at hand

    >>> Hey, Blinky! You're a tad out-of-date, fella! <grin>

    >>Only by a factor of 2x. :)
    >>
    >>It's not my primary editor, any more than Windows is my primary operating
    >>system. :) That said, it's still just fine on my play system that does
    >>have W2K (in a dual boot with SUSE 10.0 Linux).

    > How is 2k running for you?

    It's my first time with it, and it's running fine. I haven't really taxed
    it, though. Probably won't.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 12, 2006