    The files are the same as I have always used and sometimes it works.
    What is wrong?
    pete
    pete, Sep 14, 2007

  2. pete

    meerkat Guest

    "pete" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have been using this program for a few years with no problems until
    > recently. When I try to save the pic I have improved I get
    > "The application could not overwrite the specified file. Please make
    > sure you have the necessary file and directory perimisions."
    >
    > Followed by
    > "An error has occurred while trying to save the image."
    >
    > The files are the same as I have always used and sometimes it works.
    > What is wrong?

    Advice on saving altered pictures.
    You have a picture called `pete.jpg`.
    You load and alter it.
    When you save it, use `Save As` and rename it `pete_01.jpg.
    That way, you have preserved your original, and your new one.

    Permissions, are `issued` by Administrator, so, are you running
    as a User, or Admin ?.
    meerkat, Sep 14, 2007

  3. pete

    Gaius Baltar Guest

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 19:59:16 +0100, pete <> wrote:

    >I have been using this program for a few years with no problems until
    >recently. When I try to save the pic I have improved I get
    >"The application could not overwrite the specified file. Please make
    >sure you have the necessary file and directory perimisions."
    >
    >Followed by
    >"An error has occurred while trying to save the image."
    >
    >The files are the same as I have always used and sometimes it works.
    >What is wrong?
    >pete

    Are you running out of HD space??

    gb
    Gaius Baltar, Sep 15, 2007
  4. pete

    Guest

    pete <> wrote:

    >I have been using this program for a few years with no problems until
    >recently. When I try to save the pic I have improved I get
    >"The application could not overwrite the specified file. Please make
    >sure you have the necessary file and directory perimisions."
    >
    >Followed by
    >"An error has occurred while trying to save the image."
    >
    >The files are the same as I have always used and sometimes it works.
    >What is wrong?
    >pete

    Make sure the pix isn't read only. right click properties
    --

    SCO has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Hahahahahahaha
    http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/09/14/1948257.shtml
  5. pete

    pete Guest

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 19:05:59 GMT, "meerkat" <> wrote:

    >"pete" <> wrote in message
    >>I have been using this program for a few years with no problems until
    >> recently. When I try to save the pic I have improved I get
    >> "The application could not overwrite the specified file. Please make
    >> sure you have the necessary file and directory perimisions."
    >>
    >> Followed by
    >> "An error has occurred while trying to save the image."
    >>
    >> The files are the same as I have always used and sometimes it works.
    >> What is wrong?
    >>

    >Advice on saving altered pictures.
    >You have a picture called `pete.jpg`.
    >You load and alter it.
    >When you save it, use `Save As` and rename it `pete_01.jpg.
    >That way, you have preserved your original, and your new one.
    >
    >Permissions, are `issued` by Administrator, so, are you running
    >as a User, or Admin ?.

    I am probably admin as well as user but the point is the program has
    been working perfectly for a number of years. This time it eventually
    worked but it took some time?
    pete
    http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich
    pete, Sep 15, 2007
  6. pete

    pete Guest

    On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:04:35 +1000, Gaius Baltar <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 19:59:16 +0100, pete <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have been using this program for a few years with no problems until
    >>recently. When I try to save the pic I have improved I get
    >>"The application could not overwrite the specified file. Please make
    >>sure you have the necessary file and directory perimisions."
    >>
    >>Followed by
    >>"An error has occurred while trying to save the image."
    >>
    >>The files are the same as I have always used and sometimes it works.
    >>What is wrong?
    >>pete

    >Are you running out of HD space??

    Just checked and I am only using 25%.
    pete, Sep 15, 2007
  7. pete

    pete Guest

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 18:10:19 -0700, wrote:

    > pete <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have been using this program for a few years with no problems until
    >>recently. When I try to save the pic I have improved I get
    >>"The application could not overwrite the specified file. Please make
    >>sure you have the necessary file and directory perimisions."
    >>
    >>Followed by
    >>"An error has occurred while trying to save the image."
    >>
    >>The files are the same as I have always used and sometimes it works.
    >>What is wrong?
    >>pete

    >Make sure the pix isn't read only. right click properties

    But after a while it worked?
    pete, Sep 15, 2007
  8. pete

    Guest

    pete <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 18:10:19 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >> pete <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have been using this program for a few years with no problems until
    >>>recently. When I try to save the pic I have improved I get
    >>>"The application could not overwrite the specified file. Please make
    >>>sure you have the necessary file and directory perimisions."
    >>>
    >>>Followed by
    >>>"An error has occurred while trying to save the image."
    >>>
    >>>The files are the same as I have always used and sometimes it works.
    >>>What is wrong?
    >>>pete

    >>Make sure the pix isn't read only. right click properties

    >But after a while it worked?

    Must of wore down it's resolve :)

    --

    SCO has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Hahahahahahaha
    http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/09/14/1948257.shtml
    , Sep 15, 2007
  9. pete

    pete Guest

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 19:13:04 -0700, wrote:

    > pete <> wrote:

    >>>Make sure the pix isn't read only. right click properties

    >>But after a while it worked?

    >Must of wore down it's resolve :)

    It has done that two days running now. Is it obsolete and they want me
    to buy the latest issue?
    pete, Sep 15, 2007
  10. pete

    Guest

    pete <> wrote:

> [...]

    (ha, ment is read only...)
    >>>But after a while it worked?

    >>Must of wore down it's resolve :)

    >It has done that two days running now. Is it obsolete and they want me
    >to buy the latest issue?

    If I remember it had picture frames that was it's big draw. and
    layers.

    All paint programs offer pretty much the same anymore Try Paint.net or
    Gimp both have layers, filters, and are GPL.

    --

    SCO has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Hahahahahahaha
    http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/09/14/1948257.shtml
    , Sep 15, 2007
  11. pete

    pete Guest

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 22:19:49 -0700, wrote:

    > (ha, ment is read only...)
    >>>
    >>>Must of wore down it's resolve :)

    >>It has done that two days running now. Is it obsolete and they want me
    >>to buy the latest issue?

    >If I remember it had picture frames that was it's big draw. and
    >layers.
    >
    >All paint programs offer pretty much the same anymore Try Paint.net or
    >Gimp both have layers, filters, and are GPL.

    It is weird. It is running perfectly now I have looked at other
    products:)
    pete, Sep 17, 2007