    well. can anyone recommend a player that handle this or one if i
    modify can still handle this? thanks

    jim
    jim figurski, Dec 1, 2003

  2. jim figurski

    JT@HGC Guest

    You can buy a all code dvd player. It can play all the dvds around the
    world.

    JT@HGC, Dec 1, 2003

  3. jim figurski

    Shawn Guest

    Many regular DVD players have hidden menus for region settings, check
    this list:
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdhacks

    Subtitles are never a problem because they are a part of the disc, not
    the player.

    Shawn, Dec 1, 2003
  4. jim figurski

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    > I wanna buy a region free player OR get one and modify it. I want to
    > be able to play american and japanese dvds on my player, but when
    > watching my japanese discs, I must be able to have the option to
    > select Japanese subtitles while watching the movie. I'm here in japan
    > studying the language so it's imperative that while listening to the
    > audio of the spoken japanese, i can see the japanese characters as
    > well. can anyone recommend a player that handle this or one if i
    > modify can still handle this? thanks

    The player you buy will have no effect on whether the DVD itself is
    encoded with Japanese subtitles. Either the disc is or it isn't. You'll
    have to check the disc specs before you purchase.
    Joshua Zyber, Dec 1, 2003
  5. jim figurski

    jim figurski Guest

    "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote in message news:<6RGyb.71$>...
    > "jim figurski" <> wrote in message
    > > I wanna buy a region free player OR get one and modify it. I want to
    > > be able to play american and japanese dvds on my player, but when
    > > watching my japanese discs, I must be able to have the option to
    > > select Japanese subtitles while watching the movie. I'm here in japan
    > > studying the language so it's imperative that while listening to the
    > > audio of the spoken japanese, i can see the japanese characters as
    > > well. can anyone recommend a player that handle this or one if i
    > > modify can still handle this? thanks

    > The player you buy will have no effect on whether the DVD itself is
    > encoded with Japanese subtitles. Either the disc is or it isn't. You'll
    > have to check the disc specs before you purchase.>

    thanks to everybody who responded. it makes sense now.
    thanks
    jim
    jim figurski, Dec 2, 2003