    For an extra 1,000 yen, there is a wireless LAN pack available. On top of
    all that, the whole caboodle is free for the first three months.

    Makes me feel like when the All Blacks lost....
    JedMeister, Nov 20, 2003

  2. JedMeister

    Tim Guest

    it's simililarly priced in Korea too. They also have VDSL upto 100mbit,
    wireless, etc..

    One cannot and really should not make comparisons with this country but lets
    not think either that broadband should be a luxury...

    "JedMeister" <> wrote in message
    > Excerpt from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3278375.stm
    >
    > Japanese surfers clearly have a good deal. Yahoo BB's 26Mbps package costs
    > just 3,838 yen, or about £20 per month, which is around £10 cheaper than

    the
    > new BT deal.
    >
    > The Japanese package includes modem rental, the service provider fee, and

    > subscription to the company's IP (Internet Protocol) phone service,

    BBPhone,

    Tim, Nov 20, 2003

  3. JedMeister

    Mutlley Guest

    Do you see in todays NZ Herald that NZ is 21 out of 25 on broadband
    usage.. ??

    Mutlley, Nov 20, 2003
  4. JedMeister

    jfwilson Guest

    "Mutlley" <> wrote in message
    > Do you see in todays NZ Herald that NZ is 21 out of 25 on broadband
    > usage.. ??
    >
    > "Tim" <> wrote:
    >
    > >it's simililarly priced in Korea too. They also have VDSL upto 100mbit,
    > >wireless, etc..
    > >
    > >One cannot and really should not make comparisons with this country but

    lets
    > >not think either that broadband should be a luxury...

    Why? Is the hold up commercial expediency, ability, money or something
    else?
    jfwilson, Nov 21, 2003
  5. JedMeister

    Tim Guest

    > Why? Is the hold up commercial expediency, ability, money or something
    > else?

    Korea and Japan are geographically well situated, have very large and dense
    city populations, and have governments that are willing and able to sink
    huge sums of money into Internet infrastructure...
    Tim, Nov 21, 2003
  6. JedMeister

    T.N.O. Guest

    JedMeister wrote:

    > Excerpt from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3278375.stm
    >
    > Japanese surfers clearly have a good deal. Yahoo BB's 26Mbps package costs
    > just 3,838 yen, or about £20 per month, which is around £10 cheaper than the
    > new BT deal.

    Geee, large population, in small geographic area, with probably ~50%
    local traffic, and it's cheap.

    Could economies of scale be occuring here?
    T.N.O., Nov 21, 2003