    get it rolling now, but if they skip this release date, as they have the
    past four or five, the is no longer any hope. We should know the fate of the
    planet in just a few hours.

    David L., Jan 15, 2005

  2. David L.

    Nate Guest

    If there is no release (and we certainly DO NOT expect to see a release
    today), it will be interesting to see if they actually post a message on
    their forum(s) regarding the delay or if they figure everybody is so
    accustomed to their delays that it is not even worth posting anymore. Or
    maybe everybody has found alternate software and no one really cares that
    much about Phase One / Capture One anymore and their continuing tales of
    woe.

    "David L." <> wrote in message
    > January 15, 2005 is just about here. Cited as the projected release date
    > after 4 "no-gos", the world holds its collective breath to see if Phase

    One
    > can "get it up" (Capture One version 3.6 for Windows, on their site, of
    > course). They might be able to salvage part of their reputation if they

    can

    Nate, Jan 15, 2005

  3. "David L." <> wrote in message
    > January 15, 2005 is just about here. Cited as the projected release
    > date
    > after 4 "no-gos", the world holds its collective breath to see if
    > Phase One
    > can "get it up" (Capture One version 3.6 for Windows, on their site,
    > of
    > course). They might be able to salvage part of their reputation if
    > they can
    > get it rolling now, but if they skip this release date, as they have
    > the
    > past four or five, the is no longer any hope. We should know the
    > fate of the
    > planet in just a few hours.

    http://forum.phaseone.com/viewtopic.php?t=258&sid=2e6a6fcf3e02fc170f74fd5479cbab3f

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jan 16, 2005
  4. David L.

    Stacey Guest

    Bart van der Wolf wrote:

    > "David L." <> wrote in message
    > >We should know the
    >> fate of the
    >> planet in just a few hours.

    http://forum.phaseone.com/viewtopic.php?t=258&sid=2e6a6fcf3e02fc170f74fd5479cbab3f

    Better to delay software and send out a bug free version than to RUSH it
    for impatient users and it be a piece of crap. The latter is what normally
    happens and the paying users end up being beta testers. Sound familiar?
    --

    Stacey

    Stacey, Jan 16, 2005
  5. David L.

    David L. Guest

    The "new" new release date is Jan 17. (Good luck- I'm not holding my
    breath!) What does it all mean? Had they released the program last month
    (or soon after the Canon 20D hit the shelves), Capture One would have been
    the predominent raw conversion software and most likely the industry leader.
    The release of Windows 3.6 would have been considered a milestone for Phase
    One. Now, being so late (and still not available as of this writing), all
    Windows version 3.6 of Capture One will be is a footnote in the history of a
    once well-respected company. Rather than a "new beginning", their inability
    to produce a quality product in a timely manner puts them more in the
    position of the "beginning of the end" of Phase One as the coveted raw
    conversion solution. Just my two cents.

    David L., Jan 16, 2005
  6. David L.

    Nate Guest

    This is supposed to be released sometime on Jan 17-- around midnight Denmak
    time, early evening in the U.S.A. They have been working on this for over
    four months and still unable to release it until very late in the day. I
    think that this is going to be a bug-ridden dog-of-a-program if they have to
    keep working on it til the last possible minute. How does a company like
    Phase One stay in business? They must be heavily subsidized by the Danish
    government.

    Nate, Jan 17, 2005
  7. Re: PHASE ONE / CAPTURE ONE for Windows is available now

    It is announced here:
    <http://forum.phaseone.com/viewtopic.php?t=258&sid=0cd7f210168f13c8c5ccb9ed202b091f>

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jan 17, 2005
  8. David L.

    Stacey Guest

    Bart van der Wolf wrote:

    > It is announced here:

    <http://forum.phaseone.com/viewtopic.php?t=258&sid=0cd7f210168f13c8c5ccb9ed202b091f>

    Well maybe this will give them a chance to find the bugs before they release
    the version with E300 support? :)

    --

    Stacey

    Stacey, Jan 17, 2005
  9. David L.

    Stacey Guest

    David L. wrote:

    > The "new" new release date is Jan 17. (Good luck- I'm not holding my
    > breath!) What does it all mean? Had they released the program last month
    > (or soon after the Canon 20D hit the shelves), Capture One would have been
    > the predominent raw conversion software and most likely the industry
    > leader.

    > their inability to produce a quality product in a timely
    > manner puts them more in the position of the "beginning of the end" of
    > Phase One as the coveted raw conversion solution. Just my two cents.

    Are people this impatient? One month and it's not worth owning?

    --

    Stacey

    Stacey, Jan 18, 2005
  10. David L.

    Guest

    Stacey wrote:

    > Are people this impatient? One month and it's not worth owning?

    Don't be deliberately clueless.

    www.google.com: define:FUD

    " n. Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. The object of marketing campaigns
    launched by otherwise uncompetitive companies."

    , Jan 18, 2005
  11. David L.

    Bill Hilton Guest

    The Windows 3.6 version is available for download now (Jan 17 PM) ... I've been
    testing it for a couple of hours and it runs great, well worth the wait (easy
    for me to say since my cameras were already supported by 3.5.2 :).

    The people who were affected by the delay are mostly those with the Canon 20D
    and 1Ds M II, all the other Canon bodies were well-supported by the earlier
    revs. According to COne they felt it was best to re-write the Windows code to
    make it easier to support future versions.

    I can understand the frustration of 20D users but COne's previous track record
    was very good at offering quick support for new bodies and now that the
    re-write is done that's what they'll hopefully do in the future. For example,
    I bought V 1.3 for my 1Ds and later when I got a 1D Mark II Capture One updated
    to V 3.5 before the M II was widely available (I got the new program several
    weeks before I got the camera).

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Jan 18, 2005
  12. David L.

    Ryadia Guest

    Stacey wrote:

    > Are people this impatient? One month and it's not worth owning?
    >
    > --
    >

    > Stacey

    All there is, are a few idiots who demand a developer work at the idiots
    time frame instead of their own orderly manner. If they actually owned
    professional equipment in the first place, there might be some valid
    reason for the urgency but a 20D is not, by definition a professional DSLR.

    The idiots making all the noise are expecting a producer of high end,
    professional software to just drop everything and get an ameture's
    camera using their software. Where do they get their priorities from?

    I have a cat like that. Screams long and hard until it gets fed and then
    turns it's nose up at what you give it. How dare these people place
    demands on a creative worker to release a product that is not finished?
    Let's see what happens if they do a shoot and the client pulls the same
    stunt.

    "Oh, it's not my fault! The software I use doesn't work, you'll have to
    wait while I create a web site to put pressure on the developers".
    What's that? You paid me $2000 in advance and now you want the pictures
    too?
    I'm sure you get the picture Stacey.

    Doug

    Ryadia, Jan 18, 2005