    window will continue to stream music. Go to
    www.htmlduo.org.uk/martin/testalbum/start_album.html and try it.

    Les
    Les, Oct 6, 2005

  2. Les

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 14:37:34 +0100, in rec.photo.digital Les
    <> wrote:

    >Although a couple of JAlbumskins allow you to plays MP3 files, there
    >is no method that I can find in the community archive that allows you
    >to stream audio files with a slide show.
    >
    >I have devised a method that will work with Internet Explorer but not
    >Firefox. The trick is to have one window open which streams the music
    >and a second window for the JAlbum photos. Normally, only an open
    >window will play music but with a bit of javascript, the dormant
    >window will continue to stream music. Go to
    >www.htmlduo.org.uk/martin/testalbum/start_album.html and try it.

    Please no. The last thing I want is someone streaming music to me when I
    visit their site. A definite way to get on my never visit again list.
    ----------
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    Ed Ruf, Oct 7, 2005

  3. Les

    Les Guest

    On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 04:38:09 -0400, Ed Ruf <>
    wrote:

    >Please no. The last thing I want is someone streaming music to me when I
    >visit their site. A definite way to get on my never visit again list.

    The choice is yours. All you have to do is set volume to zero. Simple
    really.

    Les
    Les, Oct 7, 2005
  4. Les

    Peter Guest

    2005-10-07, Les wrote:
    > On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 04:38:09 -0400, Ed Ruf <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Please no. The last thing I want is someone streaming music to me when I
    >>visit their site. A definite way to get on my never visit again list.

    > The choice is yours. All you have to do is set volume to zero. Simple
    > really.

    But that still wastes bandwidth...

    -peter
    Peter, Oct 7, 2005
  5. Les

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:04:13 +0100, in rec.photo.digital Les
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 04:38:09 -0400, Ed Ruf <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Please no. The last thing I want is someone streaming music to me when I
    >>visit their site. A definite way to get on my never visit again list.

    >The choice is yours. All you have to do is set volume to zero. Simple
    >really.

    No it's not. Your using up bandwidth and what if I happen to all ready be
    using the sound system to play some music of my own or something else?
    You're intruding on my space. If you really wish to do this then add a
    button or link on your site to let the visitor make the choice, don't stuff
    it down his/her throat.
    ----------
    Ed Ruf, Oct 7, 2005
  6. Ed Ruf wrote:
    []
    > No it's not. Your using up bandwidth and what if I happen to all
    > ready be using the sound system to play some music of my own or
    > something else? You're intruding on my space. If you really wish to
    > do this then add a button or link on your site to let the visitor
    > make the choice, don't stuff it down his/her throat.
    > ----------

    Completely agree. Sites like that go straight into the waste bin.

    David
    David J Taylor, Oct 8, 2005
  7. Les <> writes:

    >>Please no. The last thing I want is someone streaming music to me when I
    >>visit their site. A definite way to get on my never visit again list.

    >The choice is yours. All you have to do is set volume to zero. Simple
    >really.

    It's not that simple. If you didn't ask me in advance, I didn't get
    the chance to make a choice. I may already be listening to *my* music,
    and neither want to listen to *your* music mixed in with it, nor want
    to set the volume to zero which would kill my music. Or maybe I'm
    listening to nothing, and a burst of music may wake up the baby in the
    next room. Either way, I'm going to be unhappy.

    If I didn't explicitly ask for your music by clicking on something to
    request it, I don't want to hear your music. If closing the browser
    window is the fastest way to get rid of it, that's what I'll do.

    Dave
    Dave Martindale, Oct 9, 2005