    required?

    Many thanks,

    Geoff.

    Geoff, May 8, 2007

  2. Geoff

    Tester Guest

    On Tue, 8 May 2007 18:04:15 +0100, "Geoff" <> wrote:

    >I have J2SE runtime environment 5.0 updates 7, 9, 10 & 11 all taking up a
    >lot of space on my laptop. Can I remove 7, 9, & 10 or are they all
    >required?

    Yes, you can remove everything but the most current version. Why
    installing a new version doesn't ask you if you want to uninstall old
    versions I don't know.

    (Someone writing Java programs might want several versions to check
    that his program ran on all of them but I don't think anyone else
    needs more than one version.)

    By the way, the current verdion is 6.0 update 1.

    http://www.java.com for the JRE
    http://java.sun.com for the development kit which includes the JRE.

    Tester, May 8, 2007

  3. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    "Tester" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 8 May 2007 18:04:15 +0100, "Geoff" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have J2SE runtime environment 5.0 updates 7, 9, 10 & 11 all taking up a
    >>lot of space on my laptop. Can I remove 7, 9, & 10 or are they all
    >>required?

    > Yes, you can remove everything but the most current version. Why
    > installing a new version doesn't ask you if you want to uninstall old
    > versions I don't know.
    >
    > (Someone writing Java programs might want several versions to check
    > that his program ran on all of them but I don't think anyone else
    > needs more than one version.)
    >
    > By the way, the current verdion is 6.0 update 1.
    >
    > http://www.java.com for the JRE
    > http://java.sun.com for the development kit which includes the JRE.

    Many thanks.

    Geoff, May 8, 2007