    They have Digtial Rebels for $709 with a lens.

    But what gives nothing available on the web.

    DEP

    DEP, Dec 24, 2003

  2. DEP

    Gary Edstrom Guest

    Note: Courtesy copy of this followup sent to author via email.

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:32:12 -0500, "DEP" <> wrote:

    >I need some advice. The company above has an advertising page in
    >PHOTOgraphic mag.
    >
    >Only advertisement I could find from the company. No web site listed.
    >
    >Prices are to good to be true. I have been looking at a Sigma 170 500 MM and
    >found one here about $100 cheaper ($369).
    >
    >They have Digtial Rebels for $709 with a lens.
    >
    >But what gives nothing available on the web.
    >
    >DEP

    Ask them if these are "Gray Market" cameras...ones that don't have a US
    warranty. I've run into this several times.

    --
    Gary Edstrom <>
    Visit my Midway Island home page at http://gbe.dynip.com/Midway

    Gary Edstrom, Dec 24, 2003

  3. DEP

    hugo drax Guest

    "DEP" <> wrote in message
    > I need some advice. The company above has an advertising page in
    > PHOTOgraphic mag.
    >
    > Only advertisement I could find from the company. No web site listed.
    >
    > Prices are to good to be true. I have been looking at a Sigma 170 500 MM

    and
    > found one here about $100 cheaper ($369).
    >
    > They have Digtial Rebels for $709 with a lens.
    >
    > But what gives nothing available on the web.
    >
    > DEP

    use some common sense, if 99% of the retailers are within a 2-5 percent
    difference and then you see someone who has a major price difference you can
    assume it is BS

    Sorry but that is reality, stick with the known retailers such as
    B&H,adorama etc..

    hugo drax, Dec 24, 2003
  4. DEP

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. But every so often somebody
    that is new to mail order/web buying falls for this type of advertising.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Dec 24, 2003
  5. DEP

    Ron Guest

    Before you spend a dime, RESEARCH the vendor. Read reviews from other
    customers. Check web sites like:
    http://products.consumerguide.com/cp/family/browse/index.cfm/type/prod/id/11
    222
    J&K, by the way, doesn't show up on this list, but you can get an idea of
    what the item is selling for and the ratings of those vendors.

    -Ron
    (email: replace 'abuse' with 'cyberguy3k')

    Ron, Dec 25, 2003
  6. DEP

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    "DEP" <> wrote in message
    > I need some advice. The company above has an advertising page in
    > PHOTOgraphic mag.
    >
    > Only advertisement I could find from the company. No web site listed.
    >
    > Prices are to good to be true. I have been looking at a Sigma 170 500 MM

    and
    > found one here about $100 cheaper ($369).
    >
    > They have Digtial Rebels for $709 with a lens.
    >
    > But what gives nothing available on the web.
    >
    > DEP

    Here's what their place of business looks like,

    http://www.donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0057.htm

    They also have a different name.

    See what you can find about that.

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 25, 2003
  7. DEP

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 25, 2003
  8. DEP

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Dan Sullivan"

    >Here's what their place of business looks like,
    >
    >http://www.donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0057.htm

    Looks like a fine, prosperous establishment to me!

    >They also have a different name.
    >
    >See what you can find about that.

    From the web page it looks like they do business as Infinitycameras.com ... a
    check on resellerratings.com indicates they have a zero rating from the 8
    people who did business with them and wrote a review.

    Here's a typical user response ... now you can see why their prices are so low.

    <from resellerratings.com>
    I ordered a Nikon CoolPix 5700 for $734.99, got the confirmation thru email
    $799.09 ($64.10 shipping & handling). They shipped me a used camera and charged
    my credit card $999.99 ???? I called the sale person (Victor) to get the
    Merchandise Authorization number to return this product, he said it will charge
    15-30% for restocking fee plus shipping fee and hanged up the phone! With
    Infinity Cameras, the worst experience I've had with an internet company! Do
    not give them your credit card number

    Bill Hilton, Dec 25, 2003
  9. DEP

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    "Bill Hilton" <> wrote in message
    > >From: "Dan Sullivan"

    > >Here's what their place of business looks like,
    > >
    > >http://www.donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0057.htm

    > Looks like a fine, prosperous establishment to me!
    >
    > >They also have a different name.
    > >
    > >See what you can find about that.

    > From the web page it looks like they do business as Infinitycameras.com

    .... a
    > check on resellerratings.com indicates they have a zero rating from the 8
    > people who did business with them and wrote a review.
    >
    > http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2684.html
    >
    > Here's a typical user response ... now you can see why their prices are so

    low.

    > <from resellerratings.com>
    > I ordered a Nikon CoolPix 5700 for $734.99, got the confirmation thru

    email
    > $799.09 ($64.10 shipping & handling). They shipped me a used camera and

    charged
    > my credit card $999.99 ???? I called the sale person (Victor) to get the
    > Merchandise Authorization number to return this product, he said it will

    charge
    > 15-30% for restocking fee plus shipping fee and hanged up the phone! With
    > Infinity Cameras, the worst experience I've had with an internet company!

    Do
    > not give them your credit card number

    There are some fine dealers in Brooklyn.

    Check 'em out on resellerratings.com

    Focus... Abes of Maine...

    Happy Holidays, Dan

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 25, 2003
  10. > > <from resellerratings.com>
    > > I ordered a Nikon CoolPix 5700 for $734.99, got the confirmation thru

    > email
    > > $799.09 ($64.10 shipping & handling). They shipped me a used camera

    and
    > charged
    > > my credit card $999.99 ???? I called the sale person (Victor) to get

    the
    > > Merchandise Authorization number to return this product, he said it

    will
    > charge
    > > 15-30% for restocking fee plus shipping fee and hanged up the phone!

    With
    > > Infinity Cameras, the worst experience I've had with an internet

    company!
    > Do
    > > not give them your credit card number

    > There are some fine dealers in Brooklyn.
    >
    > Check 'em out on resellerratings.com
    >
    > Focus... Abes of Maine...
    >
    > Happy Holidays, Dan

    Doesn't the USA have some sort of consumer protection laws?

    David

    David J Taylor, Dec 25, 2003
  11. DEP

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    "David J Taylor" <-this-bit> wrote in
    message news:siDGb.5915$...
    > > > <from resellerratings.com>
    > > > I ordered a Nikon CoolPix 5700 for $734.99, got the confirmation thru

    > > email
    > > > $799.09 ($64.10 shipping & handling). They shipped me a used camera

    > and
    > > charged
    > > > my credit card $999.99 ???? I called the sale person (Victor) to get

    > the
    > > > Merchandise Authorization number to return this product, he said it

    > will
    > > charge
    > > > 15-30% for restocking fee plus shipping fee and hanged up the phone!

    > With
    > > > Infinity Cameras, the worst experience I've had with an internet

    > company!
    > > Do
    > > > not give them your credit card number

    > > There are some fine dealers in Brooklyn.
    > >
    > > Check 'em out on resellerratings.com
    > >
    > > Focus... Abes of Maine...
    > >
    > > Happy Holidays, Dan

    > Doesn't the USA have some sort of consumer protection laws?

    We've got gun laws too.

    Read the papers lately?

    Every dealer should be thoroughly researched before someone gives them their
    credit card info.

    Happy Holidays, Dan

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 25, 2003
  12. > > Doesn't the USA have some sort of consumer protection laws?

    > We've got gun laws too.
    >
    > Read the papers lately?

    I don't believe what I read there....

    > Every dealer should be thoroughly researched before someone gives them

    their
    > credit card info.
    >
    > Happy Holidays, Dan

    and to you!