    I use iView3 and my only catalogue is 1.7Gb and the images total 7.5GB. Why
    is the catalogue so large?

    Beemer
    Beemer, Aug 28, 2006

  2. Beemer

    Guest

    Re: iView3 - Why is my catalogue so large?

    Beemer wrote:
    > I use iView3 and my only catalogue is 1.7Gb and the images total 7.5GB. Why
    > is the catalogue so large?
    >
    > Beemer

    Is it possible they're thumbnailed to a certain extent in iview? Have
    you actually looked at the files on your hard drive? Select all and see
    properties for actual size?

    Joe Sarrach
    , Aug 28, 2006

  3. Beemer

    <> wrote in message

    | Beemer wrote:
    | > I use iView3 and my only catalogue is 1.7Gb and the images total 7.5GB.
    Why
    | > is the catalogue so large?
    | >
    | > Beemer
    |
    | Is it possible they're thumbnailed to a certain extent in iview? Have
    | you actually looked at the files on your hard drive? Select all and see
    | properties for actual size?
    |
    | Joe Sarrach

    Joe,

    I have iView set to make its own thumbnails but surely this would not be so
    signifiant as to make the catalogue 1/5th the size of the total media?

    I'm not sure I understand the check you have advised.

    Beemer
    Beemer, Aug 30, 2006