    Mark Roberts
    Photography and writing
    www.robertstech.com

    Mark Roberts, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Mark Roberts

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    Mark Roberts <> wrote:

    > One question: All the batch conversions I've done from RAW to TIFF have
    > come out at 640 x 480 no matter how I have the conversion settings
    > configured. I'm assuming this is a deliberate limitation of the trial
    > version of the software - but some confirmation of this (or an
    > explanation of what I'm doing wrong) would be most welcome before I put
    > down my money for the full version. :)

    iView doesn't do RAW conversion; for that you'll need Photoshop CS,
    Capture One, or whatever crappy thing your camera's manufacturer provides.
    iView can *view* the RAW files, but converting them is an entirely
    different thing -- it's not just another image format.

    --
    Jeremy |

    Jeremy Nixon, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Mark Roberts

    Mark Roberts Guest

    Jeremy Nixon <> wrote:

    >Mark Roberts <> wrote:
    >
    >> One question: All the batch conversions I've done from RAW to TIFF have
    >> come out at 640 x 480 no matter how I have the conversion settings
    >> configured. I'm assuming this is a deliberate limitation of the trial
    >> version of the software - but some confirmation of this (or an
    >> explanation of what I'm doing wrong) would be most welcome before I put
    >> down my money for the full version. :)

    >iView doesn't do RAW conversion

    Actually, MediaPro 2.0 does... for Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Kodak and
    Fuji. No joy for Pentax, though so it looks like I'll be going with
    ThumbsPlus.

    --
    Mark Roberts
    Photography and writing

    Mark Roberts, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Mark Roberts

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    Mark Roberts <> wrote:

    >> iView doesn't do RAW conversion

    > Actually, MediaPro 2.0 does... for Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Kodak and
    > Fuji. No joy for Pentax, though so it looks like I'll be going with
    > ThumbsPlus.

    But no, it doesn't. Are you talking about just viewing the RAW files?
    It'll do that. It'll try to "convert" them, too, if you tell it to,
    but it's not doing anything resembling what "RAW conversion" is.
    That's just not what the program is for. There aren't all that many
    RAW conversion programs out there at all.

    --
    Jeremy |

    Jeremy Nixon, Oct 20, 2004