I've passed my A+ and my Network+ - so should I do a MCSA, MCP, etc...

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by chobbney@gmail.com, Aug 3, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I'm really unclear as to what to do now I've passed my A+ and Network+.

    I'm currently the IT person here at work, by default (only because I
    know more than anyone else). I recommend and buy hardware and I also am
    the Tech Support person. Anything to do with hardware and software -
    people call me.

    Work are very good about training and have paid for me to do the A+ and
    Network+. What would you recommend as the next step. I assume it should
    be the MCSA (counting the A+ and Network+ as an elective), but what's
    an MCP?

    The sort of job I would like to train for is Tech Support - fixing
    hardware/OS problems for users and managing the Servers/Network.

    What would you recommend?

    Also, what's the difference between an MCSA and a MCSE?

    Thanks very much.

    (sorry about all the information)
    , Aug 3, 2005

  2. JohnO Guest

    > The sort of job I would like to train for is Tech Support - fixing
    > hardware/OS problems for users and managing the Servers/Network.
    >
    > What would you recommend?

    Check out MCSD. It's two exams, one for Win XP support and one for app
    support within XP. (something like that, anyway) This one might or might
    not be right for you.

    -John O
    JohnO, Aug 3, 2005

  3. On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:35:50 GMT, "JohnO" <johno@@&%heathkit##.com>
    wrote:

    >> The sort of job I would like to train for is Tech Support - fixing
    >> hardware/OS problems for users and managing the Servers/Network.
    >>
    >> What would you recommend?

    >Check out MCSD. It's two exams, one for Win XP support and one for app
    >support within XP. (something like that, anyway) This one might or might
    >not be right for you.
    >
    >-John O

    I think you're thinking of the MCDST, which would possibly be a
    practical add-on. The MCSA of course allows the A+/Network+ pair to
    substitute for an elective. Too bad the 70-270 won't substitute for
    the 70-271, though.

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Aug 3, 2005