I've lost System Restore in System Tools

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Jack, Jan 2, 2009.

  1. Jack

    Jack Guest

    I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 64x and recently
    had a glitch somewhere and find there is no access to
    System Restore in Accessories/System Tools ...

    I've gone through Windows and find nothing that looks
    like a System Restore application file to reinstall a
    Shortcut if I need it.

    I finally found reference to using rstrui.exe which I
    have done but it takes a long time to come up and
    I'd like to have the System Restore back in the
    System Tools folder..

    Any ideas how I can accomplish that?

    I thought I might install the Vista disk to see if I
    could do a repair but was told that since I have
    SP2 I can't.

    Thanks..

    Jack, Jan 2, 2009

  2. Jack

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Click on Start, All Programs, Accessories.
    Right click on System Tools and choose "Open all users".
    Create a shortcut in the opened folder to
    %systemroot%\system32\rstrui.exe
    That should do it.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 2, 2009