    informing everyone and moving all my files over. I've had it with
    yahoo and I hope they go under.
    , Feb 26, 2007

  2. Evan Platt Guest

    On 26 Feb 2007 10:27:27 -0800, ""
    <> wrote:

    >My yahoo account has been my main account since the early 90s but I've
    >never seen a service get as continually bad as yahoo has. I haven't
    >been able to access my email all morning and I've just had it. How I
    >regret making my yahoo email my main account.
    >
    >What is the best email service out there now? (I hardly use this gmail
    >account, is this better?)
    >
    >I'm ready to drop yahoo and go through the agonizing process of
    >informing everyone and moving all my files over. I've had it with
    >yahoo and I hope they go under.

    Buy your own domain name. You can then very easily switch providers.
    :)
    Evan Platt, Feb 26, 2007

  3. Alexander Rogge, Feb 26, 2007
  4. On 26 Feb 2007 10:27:27 -0800, ""
    <> wrote:

    >My yahoo account has been my main account since the early 90s but I've
    >never seen a service get as continually bad as yahoo has. I haven't
    >been able to access my email all morning and I've just had it. How I
    >regret making my yahoo email my main account.

    Are you sure the problem with access to your Yahoo mail is the fault of
    Yahoo and not your ISP?

    I'm not a great fan of web based email but I've also used Yahoo, in my case
    Yahoo Australia & NZ, as my main email address since the early 90s too.
    We have free POP access but I have found the POP access unreliable as of
    late and resorted to using YPOPs to collect my emails. Also using Yahoo
    Australia over the web hasn't been particularly enjoyable.

    I also have a yahoo.com account which I have had no problems with. I check
    the account once per day via the web but download my email using Eudora
    with YPOPs between web checks.

    >What is the best email service out there now? (I hardly use this gmail
    >account, is this better?)

    I'm currently using Gmail for newsletters and subscription to other
    services and so far I prefer them to Yahoo. But there is no telling what
    will happen in future with Gmail.

    >I'm ready to drop yahoo and go through the agonizing process of
    >informing everyone and moving all my files over. I've had it with
    >yahoo and I hope they go under.

    I'm inclined to agree with Alexander Rogge in going for a paid email
    provider. I have a paid service that I'm very pleased with but there is no
    telling how reliable they will be next week or next year either.
    --

    John
    John Morrison, Feb 27, 2007