  1. I've just turned my computer on and I've got no start menu bar at the bottom, I
    had to press ctrl, alt, delete and go on new task to run internet. How do I get
    my start menu back?

    ToniandGuyFreak, Feb 23, 2004

  2. ToniandGuyFreak

    °Mike° Guest

    Start by removing the spyware (and goodness knows what
    else) from your computer. And then post back with some
    details about your system.

    On 23 Feb 2004 02:11:06 GMT, in
    <>
    ToniandGuyFreak scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 23, 2004

  3. ToniandGuyFreak

    gangle Guest

    "ToniandGuyFreak" wrote
    > I've just turned my computer on and I've got no start menu bar

    Big deal. My penis fell off.

    gangle, Feb 23, 2004
  4. ToniandGuyFreak

    Unk Guest

    On 23 Feb 2004 02:11:06 GMT, (ToniandGuyFreak)
    wrote:

    >I've just turned my computer on and I've got no start menu bar at the bottom, I
    >had to press ctrl, alt, delete and go on new task to run internet. How do I get
    >my start menu back?

    Here's a couple of things to try:

    Press Cntl+Esc key. That should bring up the Start Menu. Maybe the menu is
    hidden on one of the sides, or top. If it is, click it and drag it back to
    the bottom

    You can check your start menu location on TweakUI's "My Computer" tab.
    There is a drop down list in the special folders section.
    Select "Start Menu" and the area below it will show you the current
    location of your start menu. Navigate to it to verify the location is
    correct. If it's correct, point to another folder, click "Apply", OK. Now
    run TweakUI again, set it back to the correct location, click "Apply", OK.

    Tweakui Version 1.33.0.0
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/guide/tweakui.exe
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/winme/Install/1.0/WinMe/EN-US/Tweakui.exe
    http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/
    http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp
    http://msie.conactive.com/files/powertoys/tweakui.zip

    Microsost TweakUI specifically for Windows XP
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

    Unk, Feb 23, 2004