Ive found another connector

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by neville, Mar 30, 2005.

  1. neville

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Don't tell me, tell the dimwit...

    Toolman Tim, Mar 31, 2005

  2. neville

    Paul - xxx Guest

    trout composed the following;:
    > Paul - xxx wrote:
    >
    >> Heheheh, like a fool I've just read some of your previous posts.
    >>
    >> I call Troll ... ;)
    >>
    >> Fuckwitted Troll at that, but you caught me .. ;)

    > Good morning, Paul.

    Good morning to you too, trout.

    The coma was fine. The waking up afterwards is a little difficult. ;)

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

    Paul - xxx, Mar 31, 2005

  3. neville

    trout Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > Don't tell me, tell the dimwit...

    Lie down with dimwits.....
    --
    Wake up with Stupid all over you.

    trout, Mar 31, 2005
  4. neville

    neville Guest

    What is a xeon.If ive got a connector for it but havent got one then why.

    neville, Mar 31, 2005
  5. On 31 Mar 2005, neville muttered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > What is a xeon.

    snip

    It's the latest sub-compact automobile imported from Albania. Runs on
    12 "D" cells.

    --
    Arnold P. Furshlugginer

    Arnold P. Furshlugginer, Mar 31, 2005
  6. neville

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> Don't tell me, tell the dimwit...

    > Lie down with dimwits.....
    > --
    > Wake up with Stupid all over you.

    eewwww what an ugly thought <g>

    Toolman Tim, Mar 31, 2005
  7. neville

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    neville wrote:
    > I cant see where it fits , its got six wires three black two orange and a
    > red one?Is it important or should I just ignore it.

    Surprised nobody knows, although it is a late introduction just coming
    into the mainstream.

    It is the AFP (Auto Format Protect) connector which stops accidental
    formatting of hard drives. It should be a small connector, but some of
    the older boards were produced with larger connectors, so to use you may
    need an adapter, but I have found an old audio cable as used on CDs
    works fine. Only two wires are used, the red and orange, and are
    connected to the DS (DATA SAFE) connector on a compliant hard drive.

    In conjunction with XP SP2 or Linux later releases it stops accidental
    formatting of drives.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus