    other methods of recovering the system from a crash?

    Thanks
    Bob

    Bob, Sep 5, 2004

  2. Bob

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 16:48:16 GMT, Bob wrote:

    >Hi gang,
    >
    >Does anyone know how to Unfreeze a crashed computer. When I had
    >Win98SE as far as I can remember there used to be an option when
    >pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL called antifreeze. As I'm writing this I'v just
    >remembered that I had Norton System installed with 98SE so that's
    >probably why.
    >
    >I am now using Win2K. Apart from using Norton can anyone suggest any
    >other methods of recovering the system from a crash?

    Ctrl+Alt+Del to get task manager. It's sometimes possible to kill a
    process. Otherwise, not in any particular order,

    reset button
    on/off switch and
    take out/re-insert power cable.

    Me

    why?, Sep 5, 2004

  3. Bob

    moi Guest

    Start in safe mode

    moi, Sep 5, 2004
  4. Bob

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > Hi gang,
    >
    > Does anyone know how to Unfreeze a crashed computer. When I had
    > Win98SE as far as I can remember there used to be an option when
    > pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL called antifreeze. As I'm writing this I'v just
    > remembered that I had Norton System installed with 98SE so that's
    > probably why.
    >
    > I am now using Win2K. Apart from using Norton can anyone suggest any
    > other methods of recovering the system from a crash?

    on another pc with a cd burner:
    http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

    my favourite tech utility for crashed HDD

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Sep 6, 2004