    Australia Mate!
    But it's for good reasons again, I have a full time job now ;) Working at Adrenalin computers in the city (Adelaide) it's good fun too :D Working on decent systems aswell which is a nice change :p
    It also means big things cos more money for more mods and parts ;)

    RObErT_RaTh, Oct 10, 2005

  2. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    hehe u posted the same post at Infinity Customs :D

    unholy, Oct 10, 2005

  3. RObErT_RaTh

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Congratulations....

    ....on the new job. Sometimes I wished I was working in a computer store. I would have more fun working there. Learn all you can, and you'll get an even better job next time. I started out my electronics career by assembling power supplies. Then I was testing power supplies. Then I was testing encoders. Then I worked at JBL for a bit, testing out speakers and amplifiers. See what I mean? :p

    bigal, Oct 11, 2005
  4. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    mmmm, can u steal me a PSU tester from the company u worked at :D

    unholy, Oct 11, 2005
  5. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    You worked at JBL? Was it fun? Did you get to test some tanky subs and amps, or am I just dreaming? I tell you, my ideal job would be a tester dude for JL Audio :D Damn that would be sweet.

    XhArD, Oct 11, 2005
  6. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Making to testing to more making and more testing, sounds like what I did only study not real job before.

    RObErT_RaTh, Oct 11, 2005
  7. RObErT_RaTh

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Yes it was fun....

    I really liked that job. I was in the Quality Assurance department, and we did power testing of sample speakers taken from the production lines. We would take the drivers and mount them in test chambers, running the maximum rated power through them to ensure they wouldn't burn out. We then graphed the response curves in an outside pit, using Bang & Olufsen equipment ( http://www.bang-olufsen.com/web2/factorytour/default.asp?section=competences&sub=ft ). The amps we tested were generally professional grade amplifiers used by recording studios, rock musicians, etc.

    bigal, Oct 11, 2005
  8. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Sounds like a mad job :) Where are you working now, or are you retired or what? I dunno how old you are... I could probably look in "The Offical How Old Are You Thread", but I can't be bothered. I'm just gonna guess about 40.

    XhArD, Oct 11, 2005
  9. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Retired by 40? Oh how I dream :D

    RObErT_RaTh, Oct 11, 2005
  10. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    retiring age is 65 according to what johnny Coward syas (in AU though)

    unholy, Oct 12, 2005
  11. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I know 40 would be young for retirement, but come on, weekend rides on his bike? What kind of life would that be for a working man? I'll tell you what kibnd, a damn good one :p

    XhArD, Oct 12, 2005
  12. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    got that dam right...

    unholy, Oct 12, 2005
  13. RObErT_RaTh

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    Well it wouldn't be a good one for me...I'm as lazy as toast on a fire.

    Flukemanguy, Oct 15, 2005
  14. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    At least toast in a fire has enough energy to char itself before it dies :p Do you char yourself before you go to sleep?

    XhArD, Oct 16, 2005
  15. RObErT_RaTh

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You got's ta know.....

    Well, I'm in my mid-forties, and I plan to retire at 55. I now work for the defense contractor Raytheon. Previously I worked for the defense contractor Hughes. It's been an exciting career so far, but I don't think I will see again the excitement I had when working at Hughes. I've been in the payload bay of the space shuttle when it was on the launch pad. That's the kind of excitement I'm talking about. :fluff:

    bigal, Oct 16, 2005
  16. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Damn! If that were me, I'd have had to stow away. :)

    The Modfather, Oct 16, 2005
  17. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    AHahhahahahahah!

    RObErT_RaTh, Oct 16, 2005
  18. RObErT_RaTh

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I don't know about that....

    ...considering I now have a fear of heights (at least when driving over very high bridges), which I didn't have 20 years ago, I wonder how that would have turned out? Can you imagine looking out the shuttle window and seeing the earth with that kind of problem? I'd probably barf.... :ewpuke:

    bigal, Oct 16, 2005
  19. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    You could be one of the few people who can say "I threw up in a space shuttle!" :p

    XhArD, Oct 17, 2005
  20. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Hehehe... Yea, do they put space sickness bags on the backs of the seats on the shuttle? :)
    You could Barf where no man has Barfed before!

    The Modfather, Oct 17, 2005