    NZ? Some Australian artists already know their music will be on it.

    Cheers,
    Pete.

    Peter S, Apr 26, 2005

  2. In <> Peter S wrote:

    > Has anyone heard if the upcoming Australian iTunes music store will
    > serve NZ? Some Australian artists already know their music will be
    > on it.

    Almost certainly, yes. Apparently, the same agency administers copyright
    licensing for both Australia and New Zealand.

    There is also overwhelming evidence in our favour here:

    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/com.apple.jingle.
    search.DirectAction/pickITMSLink?id=878137&searchType=3&
    storeFrontId=143461&artistName=Wheatus

    http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23068

    http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23069

    If these links are too long for you, then I suggest you go to www.
    macrumors.com and review the thread entitled 'iTunes Switzerland,
    Denmark, Sweden and Norway' (Australia and New Zealand won't be the only
    countries getting it this week).

    Russell Crowe suggested that the service would be available on the 28th
    of April but I am more inclined to suspect that they will launch it on
    the 29th to coincide with the official realease of OS Tiger.

    --
    Regards, Alastair.
    Wellington, New Zealand

    My supplied email address is fake. Any views expressed in this posting
    are personal and its content remains the property of Alastair. Alastair
    accepts no responsibility for any misinformation resulting from this
    posting.

    Alastair McAllister, Apr 26, 2005

  3. Alastair McAllister <> wrote:

    > In <> Peter S wrote:
    >
    > > Has anyone heard if the upcoming Australian iTunes music store will
    > > serve NZ? Some Australian artists already know their music will be
    > > on it.

    > Almost certainly, yes. Apparently, the same agency administers copyright
    > licensing for both Australia and New Zealand.

    [snip]
    > If these links are too long for you, then I suggest you go to www.
    > macrumors.com and review the thread entitled 'iTunes Switzerland,
    > Denmark, Sweden and Norway' (Australia and New Zealand won't be the only
    > countries getting it this week).
    >
    > Russell Crowe suggested that the service would be available on the 28th
    > of April but I am more inclined to suspect that they will launch it on
    > the 29th to coincide with the official realease of OS Tiger.

    Yippee! Finally we'll have a decent online music store in NZ!!! :) I
    can't hardly wait!

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Apr 26, 2005
  4. Suddenly, Alastair McAllister sprang forth and uttered these pithy
    words:
    > If these links are too long for you, then I suggest you go to www.
    > macrumors.com and review the thread entitled 'iTunes Switzerland,
    > Denmark, Sweden and Norway' (Australia and New Zealand won't be the only
    > countries getting it this week).

    Woohoo!

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence, Apr 26, 2005
  5. Peter S

    Richard Guest

    Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

    >>Russell Crowe suggested that the service would be available on the 28th
    >>of April but I am more inclined to suspect that they will launch it on
    >>the 29th to coincide with the official realease of OS Tiger.

    > Yippee! Finally we'll have a decent online music store in NZ!!! :) I
    > can't hardly wait!

    I dont share your enthusiasim for a music store selling compressed tracks in a
    propriatary DRM layer.

    remains to be seen what the price is tho, should be about $1.30 given the
    exchange rate at the moment.

    Richard, Apr 27, 2005
  6. Peter S

    Mutlley Guest

    Richard <> wrote:

    >Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    >
    >>>Russell Crowe suggested that the service would be available on the 28th
    >>>of April but I am more inclined to suspect that they will launch it on
    >>>the 29th to coincide with the official realease of OS Tiger.

    >> Yippee! Finally we'll have a decent online music store in NZ!!! :) I
    >> can't hardly wait!

    >I dont share your enthusiasim for a music store selling compressed tracks in a
    >propriatary DRM layer.
    >
    >remains to be seen what the price is tho, should be about $1.30 given the
    >exchange rate at the moment.

    In Oz it's A$1.80 so about NZ$1.99 I suspect

    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000680041415/

    Mutlley, Apr 27, 2005
  7. Peter S

    Bruce Knox Guest

    On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:31:45 +1200, (Jamie
    Kahn Genet) wrote:

    >Alastair McAllister <> wrote:
    >
    >> In <> Peter S wrote:
    >>
    >> > Has anyone heard if the upcoming Australian iTunes music store will
    >> > serve NZ? Some Australian artists already know their music will be
    >> > on it.

    >> Almost certainly, yes. Apparently, the same agency administers copyright
    >> licensing for both Australia and New Zealand.

    >[snip]
    >> If these links are too long for you, then I suggest you go to www.
    >> macrumors.com and review the thread entitled 'iTunes Switzerland,
    >> Denmark, Sweden and Norway' (Australia and New Zealand won't be the only
    >> countries getting it this week).
    >>
    >> Russell Crowe suggested that the service would be available on the 28th
    >> of April but I am more inclined to suspect that they will launch it on
    >> the 29th to coincide with the official realease of OS Tiger.

    >Yippee! Finally we'll have a decent online music store in NZ!!! :) I
    >can't hardly wait!
    >
    >Regards,
    > Jamie Kahn Genet

    I find digirama already a good online store and probably a bit cheaper
    then the quoted prices for itunes aus. <ProdSorePoint Unless of
    cause you bought an ipod and already regret its lack of comptability
    /ProdSorePoint>

    Bruce Knox, Apr 29, 2005
  8. In article <>,
    Aaron Lawrence <> wrote:

    >Suddenly, Alastair McAllister sprang forth and uttered these pithy
    >words:
    >> If these links are too long for you, then I suggest you go to www.
    >> macrumors.com and review the thread entitled 'iTunes Switzerland,
    >> Denmark, Sweden and Norway' (Australia and New Zealand won't be the only
    >> countries getting it this week).

    >Woohoo!

    Any sign of an Apple lawsuit? Otherwise it's probably not a trustworthy
    article. :)

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Apr 30, 2005
  9. Bruce Knox wrote:

    > I find digirama already a good online store and probably a bit cheaper
    > then the quoted prices for itunes aus. <ProdSorePoint Unless of
    > cause you bought an ipod and already regret its lack of comptability
    > /ProdSorePoint>

    There's a very big plus on the side of the iPod. Pioneer, Alpine and
    Clarion all have car integration kits where you can browse your iPod
    from your head unit. The iPod can be tucked away in your glovebox and
    you don't need to touch it. Kenwood and Sony (really!) have kits in the
    works. So no, I don't regret it's lack of compatibility at all considering.

    I'm a Trampoline, May 1, 2005
  10. Peter S

    Richard Guest

    I'm a Trampoline wrote:
    > Bruce Knox wrote:
    >

    >> I find digirama already a good online store and probably a bit cheaper
    >> then the quoted prices for itunes aus. <ProdSorePoint Unless of
    >> cause you bought an ipod and already regret its lack of comptability
    >> /ProdSorePoint>

    > There's a very big plus on the side of the iPod. Pioneer, Alpine and
    > Clarion all have car integration kits where you can browse your iPod
    > from your head unit. The iPod can be tucked away in your glovebox and
    > you don't need to touch it. Kenwood and Sony (really!) have kits in the
    > works. So no, I don't regret it's lack of compatibility at all considering.

    I find the requirement to purchase a horridly overpriced usb cable to connect
    the HDD ipods to a computer a big turn off, means I am shelling out heaps for a
    one use cable in every location, its bad enough having to do that with
    cellphones etc.

    Other players have a standard mini 5 pin usb connector on them, meaning that I
    can use the same cable on anything.

    What I would like for my iriver is a cradle for the car to put it in. I have
    tried the head deck thing in a BMW on an ipod and I was not impressed, you
    basically see some of your playlists as CDs when choosing the changer. Very
    impractical to navigate several 1000 songs that way. Some others might be
    better, but they are all limited in that there is no way to store your music
    your way on an ipod

    Richard, May 1, 2005
  11. Richard wrote:
    > I'm a Trampoline wrote:
    >
    >> There's a very big plus on the side of the iPod. Pioneer, Alpine and
    >> Clarion all have car integration kits where you can browse your iPod
    >> from your head unit. The iPod can be tucked away in your glovebox and
    >> you don't need to touch it. Kenwood and Sony (really!) have kits in
    >> the works. So no, I don't regret it's lack of compatibility at all
    >> considering.

    > I find the requirement to purchase a horridly overpriced usb cable to
    > connect the HDD ipods to a computer a big turn off, means I am shelling
    > out heaps for a one use cable in every location, its bad enough having
    > to do that with cellphones etc.
    >
    > Other players have a standard mini 5 pin usb connector on them, meaning
    > that I can use the same cable on anything.
    >
    > What I would like for my iriver is a cradle for the car to put it in. I
    > have tried the head deck thing in a BMW on an ipod and I was not
    > impressed, you basically see some of your playlists as CDs when choosing
    > the changer. Very impractical to navigate several 1000 songs that way.
    > Some others might be better, but they are all limited in that there is
    > no way to store your music your way on an ipod

    AFAIK, the BMW system is pretty shitty in comparison to the rest.
    Alpine's also has a restriction as to the number of items you can scroll
    through (as a holdover from the Ai-net standard originally designed for
    CD changers), but they might've improved it by now.

    Clarion look like they've done the best job of elegant iPod integration
    so far.

    http://www.synthtopia.com/news/05_01/images/Clarion_iPod.jpg

    They have some other smaller non-dvd units with LCD screens that look OK
    as well (they also feature touchscreen controls). I'll probably get one
    at some stage (once I find the car I plan to buy). What I don't like
    about the one in the pic, is that they had all that screen real estate
    to work with, and they go an mimic the ipod's screen and controls, they
    could've been a bit more creative.

    I'm a Trampoline, May 1, 2005
  12. Suddenly, I'm a Trampoline sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > http://www.synthtopia.com/news/05_01/images/Clarion_iPod.jpg

    Looks pretty and full featured, but a touch screen interface sounds like
    a poor match to a car environment.

    Aaron Lawrence, May 3, 2005