    full capabilities. I don't know if apple specifically made it
    compatible with 64-bit windows, or if it was just a side effect of a
    driver update, but I applaud their efforts either way.
    Edwin M., May 11, 2005

  2. Excellent, thanks for the information Edwin.

    Out of curiousity, what error was it giving prior to 4.8?
    Joseph Conway [MSFT], May 12, 2005

  3. Edwin M.

    Edwin M. Guest

    Joseph Conway [MSFT] wrote:
    > Excellent, thanks for the information Edwin.
    >
    > Out of curiousity, what error was it giving prior to 4.8?

    It never gave an error, but rather just acted like there were no CD
    drives installed in the system
    Edwin M., May 12, 2005
  4. But only in the application correct? Drives were seen otherwise?
    Joseph Conway [MSFT], May 12, 2005
  5. Yes that's right...only iTunes (the application) didn't show the music
    cd's when inserted...you would have to use another player like Windows
    Media Player (which isn't horrible but not my preferred music app -- I
    love the iTunes application)...

    And yes, thank you Edwin for letting everyone know!

    Nicholas

    Nicholas D. Ford, May 12, 2005
  6. Cool. Thanks for the information. Always good to have this stuff in the
    ol' memory bank in case it comes up in conversation.
    Joseph Conway [MSFT], May 13, 2005
  7. Edwin M.

    Chris Guest

    iTunes 4.8 is working except for CD burning. When I try to burn a CD,
    iTunes says the CD burning software is missing. Looking at the event
    viewer logs, there are entries saying the GEARAspiWDM.sys has been
    prevented from loading since it is not compatible with the operating
    system. I think Gear Software supplies iTunes' CD burning drivers. So,
    we'll be waiting for an updated driver.

    ---Chris

    Chris, May 24, 2005