    but itunes doesnt recognise it!
    Is there a way to copy whats on the ipod across to the new hard drive so i
    can get itunes to store them again??
    Sargeant Rutter, Mar 18, 2008

  2. Sargeant Rutter

    bornfree Guest

    On 18 Mar, 08:28, "Sargeant Rutter" <> wrote:
    > After my laptop crashed I lost all my music on the hard drive. I now have a
    > new PC, but when I reconnect my Ipod to it, I can only see the music I have
    > purchased from Itunes, all the other music etc on my ipod is still there,
    > but itunes doesnt recognise it!
    > Is there a way to copy whats on the ipod across to the new hard drive so i
    > can get itunes to store them again??

    I don't know about the ipod without a matching itunes library. Try
    uk.comp.sys.mac It's a v good group.

    Have you tried taking the laptop hard disk out of the laptop and
    putting it into your desktop PC? If it's a sata hard disk (most decent
    laptops made in the past year are) all you need is a sata cable - your
    desktop PSU will likely have spare sata power plugs.

    If the drive shows up (don't boot from it) then you can just copy your
    itunes folders onto your new PC.
    bornfree, Mar 18, 2008

  3. Sargeant Rutter

    bornfree Guest

    On 18 Mar, 10:41, bornfree <> wrote:
    > On 18 Mar, 08:28, "Sargeant Rutter" <> wrote:
    >
    > > After my laptop crashed I lost all my music on the hard drive. I now have a
    > > new PC, but when I reconnect my Ipod to it, I can only see the music I have
    > > purchased from Itunes, all the other music etc on my ipod is still there,
    > > but itunes doesnt recognise it!
    > > Is there a way to copy whats on the ipod across to the new hard drive so i
    > > can get itunes to store them again??

    > I don't know about the ipod without a matching itunes library. Try
    > uk.comp.sys.mac It's a v good group.

    I just made a new topic there, as I would like to know the answer too.
    bornfree, Mar 18, 2008
  4. Sargeant Rutter

    Guest

    On 18 Mar, 08:28, "Sargeant Rutter" <> wrote:
    > After my laptop crashed I lost all my music on the hard drive. I now have a
    > new PC, but when I reconnect my Ipod to it, I can only see the music I have
    > purchased from Itunes, all the other music etc on my ipod is still there,
    > but itunes doesnt recognise it!
    > Is there a way to copy whats on the ipod across to the new hard drive so i
    > can get itunes to store them again??

    http://www.thelittleappfactory.com
    , Mar 18, 2008
  5. Sargeant Rutter

    Mitch Guest

    In article <frnuf2$q5k$>, Sargeant Rutter <> wrote:

    > After my laptop crashed I lost all my music on the hard drive. I now have a
    > new PC, but when I reconnect my Ipod to it, I can only see the music I have
    > purchased from Itunes, all the other music etc on my ipod is still there,
    > but itunes doesnt recognise it!
    > Is there a way to copy whats on the ipod across to the new hard drive so i
    > can get itunes to store them again??

    I don't know why people avoid the maker's support pages:

    Copying Store purchases form iPod to computer:

    Will restoring my ipod delete iTunes library?
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1305897

    How to re-create your iTunes Library:

    General troubleshooting assistant:
    http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/
    Mitch, Mar 19, 2008
  6. Sargeant Rutter

    bornfree Guest

    On 19 Mar, 00:23, Mitch <> wrote:
    > In article <frnuf2$>, Sargeant Rutter <> wrote:
    > > After my laptop crashed I lost all my music on the hard drive. I now have a
    > > new PC, but when I reconnect my Ipod to it, I can only see the music I have
    > > purchased from Itunes, all the other music etc on my ipod is still there,
    > > but itunes doesnt recognise it!
    > > Is there a way to copy whats on the ipod across to the new hard drive so i
    > > can get itunes to store them again??

    > I don't know why people avoid the maker's support pages:

    People? People just google what they want and choose what looks best.
    I tried searching apple support pages but they are served by crap
    search facility.
    bornfree, Mar 19, 2008
  7. Sargeant Rutter

    Guest

    bornfree <> wrote:

    >> I don't know why people avoid the maker's support pages:

    >People? People just google what they want and choose what looks best.
    >I tried searching apple support pages but they are served by crap
    >search facility.

    I find it best to do both, it's faster to use google to find items on
    a certain site.

    I know there's a hack for the geforce 6800 and that it was featured on
    Slashdot.org.

    Searching Slashdot.org isn't going to get you anywhere, but google:
    hack geforce 6800 site:slashdot.org

    And I have my article.
    --

    http://pics.livejournal.com/tongodeon/pic/0004xhys/
    , Mar 19, 2008
  8. Sargeant Rutter

    bornfree Guest

    On 19 Mar, 21:57, wrote:
    > bornfree <> wrote:
    > >> I don't know why people avoid the maker's support pages:

    > >People? People just google what they want and choose what looks best.
    > >I tried searching apple support pages but they are served by crap
    > >search facility.

    > I find it best to do both, it's faster to use google to find items on
    > a certain site.
    >
    > I know there's a hack for the geforce 6800 and that it was featured on
    > Slashdot.org.
    >
    > Searching Slashdot.org isn't going to get you anywhere, but google:
    > hack geforce 6800 site:slashdot.org
    >
    > And I have my article.

    Yeah I should use that more often.

    Thanks.