    Hi

    Is it possible to buy itunes music from New Zealand..

    cheers Possum

    Possum, Sep 18, 2007

  2. Possum

    Richard Guest

    Possum wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Is it possible to buy itunes music from New Zealand..
    >
    > cheers Possum

    No, because you never have ownership of it.

    You can pay money to get the use of songs from the site for the
    foreseeable future on hardware and software that apple deem worthy. If
    that is "buying" to you, then go for it.

    Richard, Sep 18, 2007

  3. Yeah but the quality is pretty crappy for most music.

    A lousy 128kbps

    Whalemeat is Yummy, Sep 18, 2007
  4. Possum

    Mutlley Guest

    Richard <> wrote:

    >Possum wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Is it possible to buy itunes music from New Zealand..
    >>
    >> cheers Possum

    >No, because you never have ownership of it.
    >
    >You can pay money to get the use of songs from the site for the
    >foreseeable future on hardware and software that apple deem worthy. If
    >that is "buying" to you, then go for it.

    Not quite true. You burn the files as audio CDs. As long as the Cd
    lasts so do the downloads. Even real Cds according to the RIAA you
    don't own only a license to play them..

    Mutlley, Sep 18, 2007
  5. Possum

    sam Guest

    Whalemeat is Yummy wrote:
    > Yeah but the quality is pretty crappy for most music.
    >
    > A lousy 128kbps

    128kbps AAC is about equivalent to 192kbps mp3

    sam, Sep 18, 2007
  6. Possum

    sam Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > Possum wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Is it possible to buy itunes music from New Zealand..
    >>
    >> cheers Possum

    > No, because you never have ownership of it.
    >
    > You can pay money to get the use of songs from the site for the
    > foreseeable future on hardware and software that apple deem worthy. If
    > that is "buying" to you, then go for it.

    same deal as buying cds, you don't own the content, you can only play it
    on a cd drive

    sam, Sep 18, 2007
  7. Possum

    Richard Guest

    sam wrote:
    > Richard wrote:
    >> Possum wrote:
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> Is it possible to buy itunes music from New Zealand..
    >>>
    >>> cheers Possum

    >> No, because you never have ownership of it.
    >>
    >> You can pay money to get the use of songs from the site for the
    >> foreseeable future on hardware and software that apple deem worthy. If
    >> that is "buying" to you, then go for it.

    > same deal as buying cds, you don't own the content, you can only play it
    > on a cd drive

    I am not reliant on my CD drive being required to be updated in order to
    be authorized by the supplier of media I play, and as a result having
    the features that were available to me at the time of purchase being
    removed.

    I also can use my cd in any player that I choose, not just 5 that I
    choose to authorize at any given time with the vendor.

    I can sell or give my CD when I am sick of it to someone else.

    Richard, Sep 20, 2007