Itunes is here!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Sharktbbtfy, Dec 5, 2006.

  1. Sharktbbtfy

    Sharktbbtfy Guest

    Sharktbbtfy, Dec 5, 2006

  2. Sharktbbtfy

    Fred Dagg Guest

    Fred Dagg, Dec 5, 2006

  3. Sharktbbtfy

    Vista Guest

    "Sharktbbtfy" <> wrote in message
    news:4575ec69$...
    > http://www.apple.com/nz/
    >

    > --
    > Sharktbbtfy

    Nanos in their stoe have gone to $249 with free engraving and delivery,
    which is cheaper than you can buy them in the stores at ($280).

    Vista, Dec 5, 2006
  4. Sharktbbtfy

    Kent Smith Guest

    "Vista" <> wrote in message

    > "Sharktbbtfy" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.apple.com/nz/
    >>

    > Nanos in their stoe have gone to $249 with free engraving and delivery,
    > which is cheaper than you can buy them in the stores at ($280).

    where is this? - when I click on the nano - buy now link from the nz site, I
    get forwarded to the aus store site and you have to register with an aussie
    address.
    http://store.apple.com/133-622/WebObjects/australiastore.woa/wo/StoreReentry.wo?family=iPodnano

    But yes, assuming free delievery - it works out about NZD$250 for the 2GB.

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Dec 6, 2006
  5. Sharktbbtfy

    Rob Guest

    "Kent Smith" <> wrote in message

    > "Vista" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Sharktbbtfy" <> wrote in message
    >>> http://www.apple.com/nz/
    >>>

    >> Nanos in their stoe have gone to $249 with free engraving and delivery,
    >> which is cheaper than you can buy them in the stores at ($280).

    > where is this? - when I click on the nano - buy now link from the nz site,
    > I get forwarded to the aus store site and you have to register with an
    > aussie address.
    > http://store.apple.com/133-622/WebObjects/australiastore.woa/wo/StoreReentry.wo?family=iPodnano
    >
    > But yes, assuming free delievery - it works out about NZD$250 for the 2GB.
    >

    > -KENT

    Yes it does seem to be going to their australian store, but I am sure that
    they will honor the same prices.

    I have had problems with their Australian store before, with incorrect
    billing, so do be careful, you may want to ring renaissance to find out what
    is going on with the store as it seems to be very buggy. It quotes NZ
    prices, and then it goes to ozzie prices.

    Rob, Dec 6, 2006
  6. Sharktbbtfy

    whome Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message news:1165370537.612106@ftpsrv1...

    > "Kent Smith" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Vista" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Sharktbbtfy" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> Nanos in their stoe have gone to $249 with free engraving and delivery,
    >>> which is cheaper than you can buy them in the stores at ($280).

    >> where is this? - when I click on the nano - buy now link from the nz
    >> site, I get forwarded to the aus store site and you have to register with
    >> an aussie address.
    >> http://store.apple.com/133-622/WebObjects/australiastore.woa/wo/StoreReentry.wo?family=iPodnano
    >>
    >> But yes, assuming free delievery - it works out about NZD$250 for the
    >> 2GB.
    >>

    >> -KENT
    >>

    > Yes it does seem to be going to their australian store, but I am sure that
    > they will honor the same prices.
    >
    > I have had problems with their Australian store before, with incorrect
    > billing, so do be careful, you may want to ring renaissance to find out
    > what is going on with the store as it seems to be very buggy. It quotes NZ
    > prices, and then it goes to ozzie prices.

    Typical hacked together site with messed up links and associations. Dell had
    similar issues a while back.

    whome, Dec 6, 2006
  7. whome wrote:

    > Typical hacked together site with messed up links and associations. Dell had
    > similar issues a while back.

    Typical NZ attitude, everyone moans that they don't have a service, then
    when they get it everyone moans that they have it.

    I just tried the Apple NZ site, it worked perfectly for me, and I would
    buy anything on the Apple site over Dell any day, the Apple actually works.

    Jason Fanning, Dec 6, 2006
  8. T'was the Wed, 06 Dec 2006 08:14:51 +0000 when I remembered Jason
    Fanning <> saying something like this:

    >I just tried the Apple NZ site, it worked perfectly for me, and I would
    >buy anything on the Apple site over Dell any day, the Apple actually works.

    Really? I found ordering online with Dell far easier than just looking
    at a picture of a laptop on HP's website.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Dec 6, 2006
  9. "Jason Fanning" <> wrote in message
    > whome wrote:
    >

    >> Typical hacked together site with messed up links and associations. Dell
    >> had similar issues a while back.

    > Typical NZ attitude, everyone moans that they don't have a service, then
    > when they get it everyone moans that they have it.
    >
    > I just tried the Apple NZ site, it worked perfectly for me, and I would
    > buy anything on the Apple site over Dell any day, the Apple actually
    > works.

    Lol, we're 50/50 Apple and Dell at work.
    The failure rate is about even.
    We get 5 yr next day onsite warranty with Dell.
    We get 1 yr send away warranty from Apple, then after that it's fix it
    yourself, if you can aford the outrageously priced spares.

    J&H.

    Jekyll and Hyde, Dec 6, 2006
  10. Sharktbbtfy

    Rob Guest

    "Jason Fanning" <> wrote in message
    > whome wrote:
    >

    >> Typical hacked together site with messed up links and associations. Dell
    >> had similar issues a while back.

    > Typical NZ attitude, everyone moans that they don't have a service, then
    > when they get it everyone moans that they have it.
    >
    > I just tried the Apple NZ site, it worked perfectly for me, and I would
    > buy anything on the Apple site over Dell any day, the Apple actually
    > works.

    It now seems to be going to the NZ processing site and giving the correct
    values, but it definitely wasn't working properly when I first tested it. I
    guess they have had a few bugs

    Rob, Dec 6, 2006
  11. Sharktbbtfy

    whome Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message news:1165401929.731858@ftpsrv1...

    > "Jason Fanning" <> wrote in message
    >> whome wrote:
    >>

    >>> Typical hacked together site with messed up links and associations. Dell
    >>> had similar issues a while back.

    >> Typical NZ attitude, everyone moans that they don't have a service, then
    >> when they get it everyone moans that they have it.
    >>
    >> I just tried the Apple NZ site, it worked perfectly for me, and I would
    >> buy anything on the Apple site over Dell any day, the Apple actually
    >> works.

    > It now seems to be going to the NZ processing site and giving the correct
    > values, but it definitely wasn't working properly when I first tested it.
    > I guess they have had a few bugs

    i might get the 8gb nano - earphone connector on my zen micro is failing.
    Actually, earphone connectors have caused nearly all of my walkman
    failures.

    whome, Dec 6, 2006
  12. Jekyll and Hyde wrote:

    > Lol, we're 50/50 Apple and Dell at work.
    > The failure rate is about even.
    > We get 5 yr next day onsite warranty with Dell.
    > We get 1 yr send away warranty from Apple, then after that it's fix it
    > yourself, if you can aford the outrageously priced spares.

    I've got 3 yr warranties for my Macs, and I'm just a home consumer, or
    did you not purchase the extra warranty like you did on your Dells?

    Jason Fanning, Dec 6, 2006
  13. "Jason Fanning" <> wrote in message
    > Jekyll and Hyde wrote:
    >
    >> Lol, we're 50/50 Apple and Dell at work.
    >> The failure rate is about even.
    >> We get 5 yr next day onsite warranty with Dell.
    >> We get 1 yr send away warranty from Apple, then after that it's fix it
    >> yourself, if you can aford the outrageously priced spares.

    > I've got 3 yr warranties for my Macs, and I'm just a home consumer, or did
    > you not purchase the extra warranty like you did on your Dells?

    The Dells come standard with 5yr warranty, we have a Corporate Gold support
    plan at no extra cost due to large volume.
    Apple however have no such free plans in spite of similar volume.

    Not only does the standard Apple 1 yr warranty breach our consumer
    guarantees act, but so does the so called "Apple protection plan" extended
    warranty scheme, which requires online registration within a certain period,
    or it's void.

    You did register your protection plans online, didn't you?

    J&H.

    Jekyll and Hyde, Dec 8, 2006
  14. Sharktbbtfy <> wrote:

    > http://www.apple.com/nz/

    Neat :)

    At $1.79 per individually bought track it's not a great price IMHO.
    Though the album price of $23.99 is a wee bit more reasonable.

    For example: I just bought U2 18 Singles CD from Sounds for $24.99, so
    that was $1.39 per song (and in high quality AIFF). iTunes sells the
    entire album at $23.99 (in low quality 128Kbps AAC) which works out at
    $1.33 per song. iTunes is cheaper (but only if I purchase an entire
    album), but also lower quality.

    The only time I'm likely to pay $1.79 for an individual track is when
    there's an album with only one or two tracks I want, or if iTunes has
    something really rare for sale.

    That said, 75% of my music purchases are made browsing the bargain bins
    at Sounds and Tracks, where I get some excellent deals (CDs for $10 -
    $20) so I'd have to want a particular song very badly to buy from iTunes
    where I'll get lower quality, pay more, AND have to take the time to
    burn and reimport to remove the copy protection.

    YMMV, and obviously has in other countries iTunes sells music in.

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Dec 8, 2006
  15. Sharktbbtfy

    Mutlley Guest

    Mutlley, Dec 8, 2006
  16. Sharktbbtfy

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 08:52:05 +1300, Mutlley <>
    exclaimed:

    >"Sharktbbtfy" <> wrote:
    >
    >>http://www.apple.com/nz/

    >Not at NZ$1.79 it's not. Currently US$1 = NZ$1.45

    Yes, but we also have GST which must be taken into consideration. Add
    GST and you've got $1.65, which is about right (@ $1.79) to allow for
    currency fluctuations.

    Fred Dagg, Dec 9, 2006
  17. Jekyll and Hyde wrote:

    > The Dells come standard with 5yr warranty, we have a Corporate Gold support
    > plan at no extra cost due to large volume.
    > Apple however have no such free plans in spite of similar volume.
    >
    > Not only does the standard Apple 1 yr warranty breach our consumer
    > guarantees act, but so does the so called "Apple protection plan" extended
    > warranty scheme, which requires online registration within a certain period,
    > or it's void.
    >
    > You did register your protection plans online, didn't you?

    Why yes I did, thanks for the concern. But it is written on the box,
    and the sales person tells you to make sure you do. It also has the old
    fashion paper version to fill in if you want, so not strictly online.
    But if you buy Applecare with a new Apple Product online they do
    auto-enrollment now. Also with AppleCare you have a year from purchase
    date to purchase the extended warranty, which not many other places do...

    Also, I think you will find that the standard Apple Warranty is generic
    one for all countries...

    And according to the Hardware Warranty information page it says...

    CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS
    FOR CONSUMERS WHO ARE COVERED BY CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS OR REGULATIONS
    IN THEIR COUNTRY OF PURCHASE OR, IF DIFFERENT, THEIR COUNTRY OF
    RESIDENCE, THE BENEFITS CONFERRED BY THIS WARRANTY ARE IN ADDITION TO
    ALL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES CONVEYED BY SUCH CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS AND
    REGULATIONS.

    http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/hardware.html

    Jason Fanning, Dec 9, 2006
  18. T'was the Sat, 9 Dec 2006 07:32:21 +1300 when I remembered
    (Jamie Kahn Genet) saying something like
    this:

    >At $1.79 per individually bought track it's not a great price IMHO.
    >Though the album price of $23.99 is a wee bit more reasonable.

    $1.99 for a song from Vodafone Music (http://music.vodafone.co.nz), or
    $17.99 for the album.

    Songs purchased can be downloaded to a 3G phone, and also can be
    downloaded from the website to your Windows XP based computer as
    protected WMAs.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Dec 10, 2006
  19. Sharktbbtfy

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > T'was the Sat, 9 Dec 2006 07:32:21 +1300 when I remembered
    > (Jamie Kahn Genet) saying something like
    > this:
    >
    >> At $1.79 per individually bought track it's not a great price IMHO.
    >> Though the album price of $23.99 is a wee bit more reasonable.

    > $1.99 for a song from Vodafone Music (http://music.vodafone.co.nz), or
    > $17.99 for the album.
    >
    > Songs purchased can be downloaded to a 3G phone, and also can be
    > downloaded from the website to your Windows XP based computer as
    > protected WMAs.

    But have you actually tried vodaphones service? yes I have the 3G phone
    but never used it for that. I put on my own mp3 on it many recordings
    are very old up to 50 years since the artist died. The only legal way in
    New Zealand.

    Robert Cooze, Dec 10, 2006
  20. T'was the Mon, 11 Dec 2006 06:08:24 +1300 when I remembered Robert
    Cooze <> saying something like this:

    >But have you actually tried vodaphones service? yes I have the 3G phone
    > but never used it for that. I put on my own mp3 on it many recordings
    >are very old up to 50 years since the artist died. The only legal way in
    >New Zealand.

    I've downloaded a few songs from Vodafone Live before. At $3.50 a
    song, they were a little expensive, but at now $1.99 a song, and the
    ability to download to the computer and burn to CD, I think they're
    entirely more reasonable.

    I did however have a problem getting one song activated. I'll have to
    ring them I think.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.