iTunes for a Motorola V360V and other Moto models as well.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mathew Good, Feb 5, 2007.

  1. Mathew Good

    Mathew Good Guest

    Mathew Good, Feb 5, 2007

  2. Mathew Good

    Robert Guest

    Re: iTunes for a Motorola V360V and other Moto models as well.

    On Feb 5, 10:03 pm, Mathew Good < wrote:
    > http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/08/itunes-in-yuetmod-v16.html
    >
    > http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/12/itunes-with-album-art-using.html
    >
    > http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/11/sync-itunes-songs-with-album-art...
    >
    > Get the latest version of MediaMonkey, as you do not need the DLL Patch at all.
    >
    > http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/MediaMonkey_Setup_2_5_5.exe
    >
    > Note: you also get a sound recorder feature as well
    >
    > Also do a Search for Motomidman as the one of this site is old. v0.38
    >
    > 0.62 and 0.666 Alpha

    Have you tried flashing your V360v with this firmware yet? How did
    you get on?

    Robert

    Robert, Feb 6, 2007

  3. Mathew Good

    Mathew Good Guest

    On 5 Feb 2007 21:57:10 -0800, "Robert" <> wrote:

    >On Feb 5, 10:03 pm, Mathew Good < wrote:
    >> http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/08/itunes-in-yuetmod-v16.html
    >>
    >> http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/12/itunes-with-album-art-using.html
    >>
    >> http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/11/sync-itunes-songs-with-album-art...
    >>
    >> Get the latest version of MediaMonkey, as you do not need the DLL Patch at all.
    >>
    >> http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/MediaMonkey_Setup_2_5_5.exe
    >>
    >> Note: you also get a sound recorder feature as well
    >>
    >> Also do a Search for Motomidman as the one of this site is old. v0.38
    >>
    >> 0.62 and 0.666 Alpha

    >Have you tried flashing your V360v with this firmware yet? How did
    >you get on?
    >
    >Robert

    No Flashing, its a Java program as such, exept for the small seem patch. yes but had lots of
    problems with a Real Motorola USB Cable, used my Camera cable instead..

    Mathew Good, Feb 6, 2007
  4. Mathew Good

    On Feb 6, 10:04 pm, Mathew Good < wrote:
    > On 5 Feb 2007 21:57:10 -0800, "Robert" <> wrote:
    >

    > >On Feb 5, 10:03 pm, Mathew Good < wrote:
    > >>http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/08/itunes-in-yuetmod-v16.html

    > >>http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/12/itunes-with-album-art-using.html

    > >>http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/11/sync-itunes-songs-with-album-art...

    > >> Get the latest version of MediaMonkey, as you do not need the DLL Patch at all.

    > >>http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/MediaMonkey_Setup_2_5_5.exe

    > >> Note: you also get a sound recorder feature as well

    > >> Also do a Search for Motomidman as the one of this site is old. v0.38

    > >> 0.62 and 0.666 Alpha

    > >Have you tried flashing your V360v with this firmware yet? How did
    > >you get on?

    > >Robert

    > No Flashing, its a Java program as such, exept for the small seem patch. yes but had lots of
    > problems with a Real Motorola USB Cable, used my Camera cable instead..

    oh ok - I tried the Java program a few weeks ago but I couldn't get it
    to work properly. I changed it to midlet so I could create a shortcut
    and then back to Corelet and it runs when I turned the phone on and
    using the shortcut. But when trying to play a mp3 it kept giving me
    an error - (can't remember what it was right now.. )

    What was the seem patch and what did it do? I'm also using my
    camera cable.

    Thanks

    Robert, Feb 6, 2007
  5. Mathew Good

    Robert Guest

    Re: iTunes for a Motorola V360V and other Moto models as well.

    On Feb 6, 10:04 pm, Mathew Good < wrote:
    > On 5 Feb 2007 21:57:10 -0800, "Robert" <> wrote:
    >

    > >On Feb 5, 10:03 pm, Mathew Good < wrote:
    > >>http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/08/itunes-in-yuetmod-v16.html

    > >>http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/12/itunes-with-album-art-using.html

    > >>http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/11/sync-itunes-songs-with-album-art...

    > >> Get the latest version of MediaMonkey, as you do not need the DLL Patch at all.

    > >>http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/MediaMonkey_Setup_2_5_5.exe

    > >> Note: you also get a sound recorder feature as well

    > >> Also do a Search for Motomidman as the one of this site is old. v0.38

    > >> 0.62 and 0.666 Alpha

    > >Have you tried flashing your V360v with this firmware yet? How did
    > >you get on?

    > >Robert

    > No Flashing, its a Java program as such, exept for the small seem patch. yes but had lots of
    > problems with a Real Motorola USB Cable, used my Camera cable instead..

    nevermind - I haven't seen that page before:
    http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/08/itunes-in-yuetmod-v16.html I
    must have been looking at other parts of Yuet's website.

    I'll check it out

    Robert, Feb 6, 2007
  6. Re: iTunes for a Motorola V360V and other Moto models as well.

    On 6 Feb 2007 15:53:06 -0800, "Robert" <> wrote:

    >On Feb 6, 10:04 pm, Mathew Good < wrote:

    >> >Have you tried flashing your V360v with this firmware yet? How did
    >> >you get on?

    >> >Robert

    >> No Flashing, its a Java program as such, exept for the small seem patch. yes but had lots of
    >> problems with a Real Motorola USB Cable, used my Camera cable instead..

    >nevermind - I haven't seen that page before:
    >http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/08/itunes-in-yuetmod-v16.html I
    >must have been looking at other parts of Yuet's website.
    >
    >I'll check it out

    Maybe you can help me here.

    I've installed the java app using motomidman and it shows up on
    motomidman.

    When I reset my phone using motomidman it runs the itunes software

    However I can't seem to find how to access the software on the phone.

    I note on the link that it does say:

    Additional steps for non-YuetMod-MP users
    1. create at least one shortcut in the shortcuts menu.
    2. download the 0002_0001.seem file and upload it to your phone.
    3. restart the phone, then you can press Menu + 1 to start iTunes.

    and I've downloaded the file but don't know where to upload it to my
    phone.

    Am I on the right track here?

    Jason Clinton, Feb 7, 2007
  7. Mathew Good

    Mathew Good Guest

    On 6 Feb 2007 15:50:52 -0800, "Robert" <> wrote:

    >On Feb 6, 10:04 pm, Mathew Good < wrote:

    >> >Have you tried flashing your V360v with this firmware yet? How did
    >> >you get on?

    >> >Robert

    >> No Flashing, its a Java program as such, exept for the small seem patch. yes but had lots of
    >> problems with a Real Motorola USB Cable, used my Camera cable instead..

    >oh ok - I tried the Java program a few weeks ago but I couldn't get it
    >to work properly. I changed it to midlet so I could create a shortcut
    >and then back to Corelet and it runs when I turned the phone on and
    >using the shortcut. But when trying to play a mp3 it kept giving me
    >an error - (can't remember what it was right now.. )
    >
    >What was the seem patch and what did it do? I'm also using my
    >camera cable.
    >

    >Thanks

    Its just the short cut so that you can access the iTunes, the Java iTunes has no menu option, that
    is why its used..

    Are you using a T-Flash card..?

    They only problems I had was my USB Cable and not realizing you have to turn the phone off and on
    again after you install the iTunes and the Seem..

    Mathew Good, Feb 7, 2007
  8. Mathew Good

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 20:52:16 +1300, Jason Clinton <> wrote:

    >On 6 Feb 2007 15:53:06 -0800, "Robert" <> wrote:

    >>> No Flashing, its a Java program as such, exept for the small seem patch. yes but had lots of
    >>> problems with a Real Motorola USB Cable, used my Camera cable instead..

    >>nevermind - I haven't seen that page before:
    >>http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/08/itunes-in-yuetmod-v16.html I
    >>must have been looking at other parts of Yuet's website.
    >>
    >>I'll check it out

    >Maybe you can help me here.
    >
    >I've installed the java app using motomidman and it shows up on
    >motomidman.
    >
    >When I reset my phone using motomidman it runs the itunes software
    >
    >However I can't seem to find how to access the software on the phone.
    >
    >I note on the link that it does say:
    >
    >Additional steps for non-YuetMod-MP users
    >1. create at least one shortcut in the shortcuts menu.
    >2. download the 0002_0001.seem file and upload it to your phone.
    >3. restart the phone, then you can press Menu + 1 to start iTunes.
    >
    >and I've downloaded the file but don't know where to upload it to my
    >phone.
    >
    >Am I on the right track here?

    Read the YuetMod thing on Seem editing, I added a 5th short cut and used the seem to give me Menu
    +5, as this left the phone as standard as far as the short cuts go..

    You change the seem file name to 0002_0005 = 5th sort cut.

    http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/07/seem-edit-guide.html

    Mathew Good, Feb 7, 2007
  9. Re: iTunes for a Motorola V360V and other Moto models as well.

    On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 22:15:25 +1300, Mathew Good <
    wrote:

    >Read the YuetMod thing on Seem editing, I added a 5th short cut and used the seem to give me Menu
    >+5, as this left the phone as standard as far as the short cuts go..
    >

    > You change the seem file name to 0002_0005 = 5th sort cut.
    >

    >http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/07/seem-edit-guide.html

    Thanks. That's worked.

    The software is a little sluggish and I think its affecting the whole
    phone. Will play around with it and see

    Last dumb question - where do I put the music on the memory card?

    I've tried /itunes/ and /itunes/audio/ and /audio

    Jason Clinton, Feb 7, 2007
  10. Re: iTunes for a Motorola V360V and other Moto models as well.

    On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 22:37:39 +1300, Jason Clinton <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 22:15:25 +1300, Mathew Good <
    >wrote:
    >

    >>Read the YuetMod thing on Seem editing, I added a 5th short cut and used the seem to give me Menu
    >>+5, as this left the phone as standard as far as the short cuts go..
    >>

    >> You change the seem file name to 0002_0005 = 5th sort cut.
    >>

    >>http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/07/seem-edit-guide.html

    >Thanks. That's worked.
    >
    >The software is a little sluggish and I think its affecting the whole
    >phone. Will play around with it and see
    >
    >Last dumb question - where do I put the music on the memory card?
    >
    >I've tried /itunes/ and /itunes/audio/ and /audio

    Don't worry - I realised you had to create a database

    No luck playing MP3's though - when I hit play I get an application
    error and it bombs out. itunes won't run again after that. I have to
    turn off and on the phone again.

    Jason Clinton, Feb 7, 2007
  11. Mathew Good

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Mathew Good wrote:

    > http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/08/itunes-in-yuetmod-v16.html
    >

    > http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/12/itunes-with-album-art-using.html
    >

    > http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/11/sync-itunes-songs-with-album-art.html
    >

    > Get the latest version of MediaMonkey, as you do not need the DLL Patch at all.
    >

    > http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/MediaMonkey_Setup_2_5_5.exe
    >

    > Note: you also get a sound recorder feature as well
    >

    > Also do a Search for Motomidman as the one of this site is old. v0.38
    >
    > 0.62 and 0.666 Alpha

    Interesting thread!

    I have a Motorola E770V I have been using the cable that my camera came
    with. I have found the USB computer to phone a little flaky. I am using
    the phone as a USB drive but under windows 2K some times I have to swich
    the phone off and on, Windows sees the drive but no media. All seems to
    work ok on WinXP but using A linux distro the phone mounts ok but when
    you unmount it hangs and no actual data is written to the drive and or
    the the folders seem to hang as data is not going to the card in the
    phone (have replicated using just the trans flash in card reader)

    http://www.getjar.com/software/

    A site with a snot lode of stuff to play around with

    http://vllp.sourceforge.net/vgps/html/index.php
    something I am looking at

    http://gwprojects.orcon.net.nz/gps/index.htm
    the NZ maps but I cant get the maps to work with the VGPS software :(

    ps I don't have the motorola software! and you can't get it off the
    motorola site with out parting with money!

    http://www.project-e770v.com/
    was a good start!

    The long and short my phone does more than what it used to do some
    things are very useful!

    Robert Cooze, Feb 7, 2007
  12. Mathew Good

    On Feb 7, 12:53 pm, "Robert" <> wrote:
    > On Feb 6, 10:04 pm, Mathew Good < wrote:

    > > >Have you tried flashing your V360v with this firmware yet? How did
    > > >you get on?

    > > >Robert

    > > No Flashing, its a Java program as such, exept for the small seem patch. yes but had lots of
    > > problems with a Real Motorola USB Cable, used my Camera cable instead..

    > nevermind - I haven't seen that page before:http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/08/itunes-in-yuetmod-v16.html I
    > must have been looking at other parts of Yuet's website.
    >
    > I'll check it out

    Ok I tried that last night and itunes worked but it stuffed up my
    phone (couldn't get to contacts or messaging it just sat on "Please
    wait"). I think it was because I had too many shortcuts when I
    imported the seem file.

    I ended up flashing with Yuet's MP 1.6 and now the phone is much
    quicker and has a heap of new features + itunes. I had been putting
    off flashing the phone for quite a while...

    Robert, Feb 7, 2007
  13. Mathew Good

    Mathew Good Guest

    Re: iTunes for a Motorola V360V and other Moto models as well.

    On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 22:37:39 +1300, Jason Clinton <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 22:15:25 +1300, Mathew Good <
    >wrote:
    >

    >>Read the YuetMod thing on Seem editing, I added a 5th short cut and used the seem to give me Menu
    >>+5, as this left the phone as standard as far as the short cuts go..
    >>

    >> You change the seem file name to 0002_0005 = 5th sort cut.
    >>

    >>http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/07/seem-edit-guide.html

    >Thanks. That's worked.
    >
    >The software is a little sluggish and I think its affecting the whole
    >phone. Will play around with it and see
    >
    >Last dumb question - where do I put the music on the memory card?
    >
    >I've tried /itunes/ and /itunes/audio/ and /audio

    T-Flash card %:\moble\audio then run the iTunesDB Creator..

    Mathew Good, Feb 8, 2007
  14. Mathew Good

    Mathew Good Guest

    On 7 Feb 2007 15:50:03 -0800, "Robert" <> wrote:

    >On Feb 7, 12:53 pm, "Robert" <> wrote:

    >> > No Flashing, its a Java program as such, exept for the small seem patch. yes but had lots of
    >> > problems with a Real Motorola USB Cable, used my Camera cable instead..

    >> nevermind - I haven't seen that page before:http://yuetblog.blogspot.com/2006/08/itunes-in-yuetmod-v16.html I
    >> must have been looking at other parts of Yuet's website.
    >>
    >> I'll check it out

    >Ok I tried that last night and itunes worked but it stuffed up my
    >phone (couldn't get to contacts or messaging it just sat on "Please
    >wait"). I think it was because I had too many shortcuts when I
    >imported the seem file.
    >
    >I ended up flashing with Yuet's MP 1.6 and now the phone is much
    >quicker and has a heap of new features + itunes. I had been putting
    >off flashing the phone for quite a while...

    Yuet's full Mod is1.8 depending on your Firmware, and 2.0 3.0 and 4.0 from memory for other
    firmware's.

    I only added the Java iTunes, that was part of Yuet's 1.6 Mod, but now separated the iTunes part.

    Mathew Good, Feb 8, 2007