    nospam Guest

    I've just installed XP64 and can't get Quicktime to work. How about
    Itune? Will it work with XP64? TIA

    nospam, Mar 8, 2008

  2. nospam

    Theo Guest

    You have to go on-line while in x64 to get the x64 package.
    Once you do that it should work fine.

    Theo, Mar 8, 2008

  3. nospam

    nospam Guest

    Thanks! :)

    nospam, Mar 8, 2008
  4. nospam

    Guest

    On Mar 8, 9:49 am, Theo <> wrote:
    > You have to go on-line while in x64 to get the x64 package.
    > Once you do that it should work fine.
    >
    > nospam wrote:
    > > I've just installed XP64 and can't get Quicktime to work. How about
    > > Itune? Will it work with XP64? TIA

    Is it me, or do those Itunes updates never work for X64? I've got in
    the habit of just saying no rather than doing the download and
    watching it bomb.

    When I fire up itunes, I get some complaint about the program not
    being set up right regarding the burner. Otherwise it runs fine and I
    can't see the need to burn from itunes. Itunes is becoming bloatware.

    , Mar 8, 2008
  5. nospam

    nospam Guest

    I thanked prematurely... Neither one works with XP64.

    Any other suggestions? :)

    nospam, Mar 8, 2008
  6. nospam

    Theo Guest

    Then I would presume you have something wrong with your
    system. If you search this forum for 'itunes' not 'itune'
    you should find about a dozen posts from in January 2008 on
    itunes and the 64-bit version on x64.

    Theo, Mar 8, 2008
  7. nospam

    nospam Guest

    OK, thanks, I'll give it another shot although I don't believe there ia
    anything wrong with my system because Windows Media Player play global
    radio streams flawlessly.

    I did notice, however, that Vista is supported. Am I right to assume
    that XP64 is not supported per se and skipped altogether?

    nospam, Mar 9, 2008
  8. From the support page at
    "iTunes is currently not supported in Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
    Features may or may not work correctly. One example is reading or writing to
    an optical drive (CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-RW). It's also possible iTunes
    for Windows may not successfully install."

    The system requirements for QuickTime 7.4:
    Windows XP with Service Pack 2
    Windows Vista

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 9, 2008
  9. nospam

    nospam Guest

    Hmmm...Rather odd "may or may not work" explanation from a reputable
    company. Thanks for nothing Apple :)

    nospam, Mar 9, 2008
  10. I should think that the problems writing to an optical drive would be a
    showstopper. Oh well.

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 9, 2008
  11. nospam

    Guest

    On Mar 8, 6:18 pm, "Colin Barnhorst" <> wrote:
    > From the support page athttp://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301301
    > "iTunes is currently not supported in Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
    > Features may or may not work correctly. One example is reading or writing to
    > an optical drive (CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-RW). It's also possible iTunes
    > for Windows may not successfully install."
    >
    > The system requirements for QuickTime 7.4:
    > Windows XP with Service Pack 2
    > Windows Vista
    >
    > "nospam" <> wrote in message

    > > OK, thanks, I'll give it another shot although I don't believe there ia
    > > anything wrong with my system because Windows Media Player play global
    > > radio streams flawlessly.

    > > I did notice, however, that Vista is supported. Am I right to assume that
    > > XP64 is not supported per se and skipped altogether?

    > > Theo wrote:
    > >> Then I would presume you have something wrong with your system. If you
    > >> search this forum for 'itunes' not 'itune' you should find about a dozen
    > >> posts from in January 2008 on itunes and the 64-bit version on x64.

    As per my comment that when I fire up Itunes, it complains about it
    being installed incorrectly and may not be able to burn CDs. I can't
    be the only person getting that message.

    Apple doesn't grasp the idea of supporting multiple platforms. I
    really hope they never attempt to become a serious windows software
    provider. I'd certainly never buy anything from them given their
    attitude about X64. Even Safari won't work on older OSs like win2kpro
    which is still run by many users.

    , Mar 9, 2008
  12. nospam

    Clayton Guest

    There is a version of itunes out now for Vista 64-Bit, not sure about the XP
    x64
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

    Clayton, Mar 12, 2008