ITSP advice

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Neil G Jarman, Jun 15, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    I'm still trying to find and ITSP that will:

    a) allow me to continue to use my exisiting 01405 number
    b) allow me to use my own equipment

    Any suggestions appreciated.

    cheers,

    NEIL
    Neil G Jarman, Jun 15, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Neil G Jarman

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Neil G Jarman" <> wrote in
    message news:e6rerv$9i7$1$
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm still trying to find and ITSP that will:
    >
    > a) allow me to continue to use my exisiting 01405 number
    > b) allow me to use my own equipment
    >
    > Any suggestions appreciated.


    Who is your existing number with..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 15, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising


  3. > Who is your existing number with..?



    BT's normal lines - we have 2 voice and one fax line
    Neil G Jarman, Jun 15, 2006
    #3
  4. Neil G Jarman

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Neil G Jarman" <> wrote in
    message news:e6rkck$3gq$1$
    > > Who is your existing number with..?

    >
    >
    > BT's normal lines - we have 2 voice and one fax line


    Don't think anyone will allow you to port BT numbers in from that range.
    Gradwell can port numbers but only from the London 020 range at the moment
    IIRC.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 15, 2006
    #4
  5. Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Neil G Jarman" <> wrote in
    > message news:e6rkck$3gq$1$
    >>> Who is your existing number with..?

    >>
    >> BT's normal lines - we have 2 voice and one fax line

    >
    > Don't think anyone will allow you to port BT numbers in from that range.
    > Gradwell can port numbers but only from the London 020 range at the moment
    > IIRC.


    The Gradwell range is here:- http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php

    It is larger than London now - more like M25 and M4 corridor.
    Colin Forrester, Jun 15, 2006
    #5
  6. Colin Forrester wrote:
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >
    >> "Neil G Jarman" <> wrote in
    >> message news:e6rkck$3gq$1$
    >>
    >>>> Who is your existing number with..?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> BT's normal lines - we have 2 voice and one fax line

    >>
    >>
    >> Don't think anyone will allow you to port BT numbers in from that
    >> range. Gradwell can port numbers but only from the London 020 range at
    >> the moment IIRC.

    >
    >
    > The Gradwell range is here:-
    > http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php
    >
    > It is larger than London now - more like M25 and M4 corridor.
    >


    that is now expanded to nationwide. we ported a chippenham number the
    other day to test. website should be updated shortly.


    cheers
    peter

    --
    peter gradwell. gradwell dot com Ltd. http://www.gradwell.com/
    -- engineering & hosting services for email, web and voip --
    -- http://www.peter.me.uk/ -- http://www.voip.org.uk/ --
    Peter Gradwell, Jun 15, 2006
    #6
  7. Peter Gradwell wrote:

    >> The Gradwell range is here:-
    >> http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php
    >>
    >> It is larger than London now - more like M25 and M4 corridor.
    >>

    >
    > that is now expanded to nationwide. we ported a chippenham number the
    > other day to test. website should be updated shortly.


    Great news - I will be along shortly to port some Southampton numbers then.
    Colin Forrester, Jun 15, 2006
    #7
  8. Neil G Jarman

    Neil Jarman Guest

    I mailed a request to Mr Gradwell's company and am awaiting a response -
    thanks

    NEIL.
    Neil Jarman, Jun 16, 2006
    #8
  9. Colin Forrester wrote:
    > Peter Gradwell wrote:
    >
    >>> The Gradwell range is here:-
    >>> http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php
    >>>
    >>> It is larger than London now - more like M25 and M4 corridor.
    >>>

    >>
    >> that is now expanded to nationwide. we ported a chippenham number the
    >> other day to test. website should be updated shortly.

    >
    > Great news - I will be along shortly to port some Southampton numbers then.


    Voipfone also offer this service nationwide, I've never found anyone
    who's managed to get them to do it, but apparently they offer it.

    I wanted to go with gradwell in the first place, the only problem I have
    is that they limit the call to 2 incoming concurrent calls per number
    (which for home is absolutely fine, but I have a customer where this
    would be too limiting).

    Does anyone know if gradwell support a failover service (where for a
    termination fee, if the line doesn't work the call will be forwarded to
    another number.)
    Thomas Kenyon, Jun 21, 2006
    #9
  10. Neil G Jarman

    Jono Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote :
    > Colin Forrester wrote:
    >> Peter Gradwell wrote:
    >>
    >>>> The Gradwell range is here:-
    >>>> http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php
    >>>>
    >>>> It is larger than London now - more like M25 and M4 corridor.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> that is now expanded to nationwide. we ported a chippenham number the
    >>> other day to test. website should be updated shortly.

    >>
    >> Great news - I will be along shortly to port some Southampton numbers then.

    >
    > Voipfone also offer this service nationwide, I've never found anyone
    > who's managed to get them to do it, but apparently they offer it.
    >


    Voipfone provided a list which stated "from April"....when I looked at
    end of May, it still said "from April"

    Nor was it a national list - it was a long list but not complete.
    Jono, Jun 21, 2006
    #10
  11. Jono wrote:

    > Voipfone provided a list which stated "from April"....when I looked at
    > end of May, it still said "from April"
    >
    > Nor was it a national list - it was a long list but not complete.
    >

    That's true, but when asked a couple of weeks ago, they still aren't
    available in many of the exchanges listed as from April.
    Thomas Kenyon, Jun 21, 2006
    #11
  12. hi

    > I wanted to go with gradwell in the first place, the only problem I have
    > is that they limit the call to 2 incoming concurrent calls per number
    > (which for home is absolutely fine, but I have a customer where this
    > would be too limiting).


    We limit it to 2 calls per unit of line rental you pay us. We can of
    course offer more channels, it just costs a bit more.

    > Does anyone know if gradwell support a failover service (where for a
    > termination fee, if the line doesn't work the call will be forwarded to
    > another number.)


    Yep. You can set up call forwarding on your handset not being
    available/busy via our control panel.

    cheers
    peter

    --
    peter gradwell. gradwell dot com Ltd. http://www.gradwell.com/
    -- engineering & hosting services for email, web and voip --
    -- http://www.peter.me.uk/ -- http://www.voip.org.uk/ --
    Peter Gradwell, Jun 22, 2006
    #12
  13. Peter Gradwell wrote:
    > hi
    >
    >> I wanted to go with gradwell in the first place, the only problem I have
    >> is that they limit the call to 2 incoming concurrent calls per number
    >> (which for home is absolutely fine, but I have a customer where this
    >> would be too limiting).

    >
    > We limit it to 2 calls per unit of line rental you pay us. We can of
    > course offer more channels, it just costs a bit more.
    >
    >> Does anyone know if gradwell support a failover service (where for a
    >> termination fee, if the line doesn't work the call will be forwarded to
    >> another number.)

    >
    > Yep. You can set up call forwarding on your handset not being
    > available/busy via our control panel.
    >
    > cheers
    > peter
    >

    Err, so for £2/month from Voipfone I can have an incoming number that
    can comfortably carry 8 calls simultaneously (and more if needed),
    whereas a comparative service from you would cost £12/month and will
    only be 8 maximum.

    I take it if I have 2 numbers, then they are both limited to 2 calls
    (rather than 4 calls between them?).
    Thomas Kenyon, Jun 22, 2006
    #13
  14. Thomas Kenyon wrote:

    >>> I wanted to go with gradwell in the first place, the only problem I have
    >>> is that they limit the call to 2 incoming concurrent calls per number
    >>> (which for home is absolutely fine, but I have a customer where this
    >>> would be too limiting).

    >> We limit it to 2 calls per unit of line rental you pay us. We can of
    >> course offer more channels, it just costs a bit more.
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know if gradwell support a failover service (where for a
    >>> termination fee, if the line doesn't work the call will be forwarded to
    >>> another number.)

    >> Yep. You can set up call forwarding on your handset not being
    >> available/busy via our control panel.
    >>
    >> cheers
    >> peter
    >>

    > Err, so for £2/month from Voipfone I can have an incoming number that
    > can comfortably carry 8 calls simultaneously (and more if needed),
    > whereas a comparative service from you would cost £12/month and will
    > only be 8 maximum.


    You pays your money. I don't take VoIP yet from Gradwell but the other
    services they provide have been very good indeed. If the service is to
    be used for a business then I doubt a few quid a month extra would be a
    problem - particularly if the service were second to none.
    Colin Forrester, Jun 22, 2006
    #14
  15. Thomas Kenyon wrote:

    > Err, so for £2/month from Voipfone I can have an incoming number that
    > can comfortably carry 8 calls simultaneously (and more if needed),
    > whereas a comparative service from you would cost £12/month and will
    > only be 8 maximum.


    Yep. Although, like voipfone, our's isn't a physical limit.

    > I take it if I have 2 numbers, then they are both limited to 2 calls
    > (rather than 4 calls between them?).


    No, call limits are shared across customers accounts. It's all pretty
    flexible.

    cheers
    peter


    --
    peter gradwell. gradwell dot com Ltd. http://www.gradwell.com/
    -- engineering & hosting services for email, web and voip --
    -- http://www.peter.me.uk/ -- http://www.voip.org.uk/ --
    Peter Gradwell, Jun 22, 2006
    #15
  16. Peter Gradwell wrote:
    > Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >
    >> Err, so for £2/month from Voipfone I can have an incoming number that
    >> can comfortably carry 8 calls simultaneously (and more if needed),
    >> whereas a comparative service from you would cost £12/month and will
    >> only be 8 maximum.

    >
    > Yep. Although, like voipfone, our's isn't a physical limit.
    >

    That's ours (plural, not possesive) :p

    To be honest, I'm more likely to go with your service, although the
    rental is a lot more and the service quality is supposed to be
    comparable, Your service supports trunked IAX (theirs doesn't support
    any flavour of IAX) and I already have 2 accounts with you that have
    been relatively trouble free.

    >> I take it if I have 2 numbers, then they are both limited to 2 calls
    >> (rather than 4 calls between them?).

    >
    > No, call limits are shared across customers accounts. It's all pretty
    > flexible.
    >

    I take it you have no plans for providing French or Italian numbers?
    Thomas Kenyon, Jun 22, 2006
    #16
  17. hi

    > I take it you have no plans for providing French or Italian numbers?


    seeing as you mentioned it, today we finished implementing a tie up with
    a US partner, and also voxbone (http://www.voxbone.com/coverage.jsf) who
    provide world wide dids.

    They are a bit expensive, but for customers wanting the flexibility,
    they work well.

    So yes, france + italy will be available from next week.

    cheers
    peter

    --
    peter gradwell. gradwell dot com Ltd. http://www.gradwell.com/
    -- engineering & hosting services for email, web and voip --
    -- http://www.peter.me.uk/ -- http://www.voip.org.uk/ --
    Peter Gradwell, Jun 22, 2006
    #17
  18. Peter Gradwell wrote:
    > Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >
    >> I take it if I have 2 numbers, then they are both limited to 2 calls
    >> (rather than 4 calls between them?).

    >
    > No, call limits are shared across customers accounts. It's all pretty
    > flexible.
    >

    Okay, as a further curiousity, If I had a reseller account and my home
    account and the customers account were subbed to that. What will the
    limits be then?

    (Weird how many different permutations there are :) )
    Thomas Kenyon, Jun 23, 2006
    #18
  19. Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    > Peter Gradwell wrote:
    >
    >>Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>I take it if I have 2 numbers, then they are both limited to 2 calls
    >>>(rather than 4 calls between them?).

    >>
    >>No, call limits are shared across customers accounts. It's all pretty
    >>flexible.
    >>

    >
    > Okay, as a further curiousity, If I had a reseller account and my home
    > account and the customers account were subbed to that. What will the
    > limits be then?
    >
    > (Weird how many different permutations there are :) )


    that depends on what sort of reseller you are :) if you were white
    label, we'd probably point out that one customer is abusing your, global
    allocation.

    cheers
    peter

    --
    peter gradwell. gradwell dot com Ltd. http://www.gradwell.com/
    -- engineering & hosting services for email, web and voip --
    -- http://www.peter.me.uk/ -- http://www.voip.org.uk/ --
    Peter Gradwell, Jun 23, 2006
    #19
  20. Peter Gradwell wrote:
    > Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >> Peter Gradwell wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> I take it if I have 2 numbers, then they are both limited to 2 calls
    >>>> (rather than 4 calls between them?).
    >>>
    >>> No, call limits are shared across customers accounts. It's all pretty
    >>> flexible.
    >>>

    >>
    >> Okay, as a further curiousity, If I had a reseller account and my home
    >> account and the customers account were subbed to that. What will the
    >> limits be then?
    >>
    >> (Weird how many different permutations there are :) )

    >
    > that depends on what sort of reseller you are :) if you were white
    > label, we'd probably point out that one customer is abusing your, global
    > allocation.
    >
    > cheers
    > peter
    >

    It just occurs to me that the personal number that I'm in the process of
    porting to you, is only being ported (as opposed to being disconnected)
    because we like the number, the only use it gets is about twice a month
    at which point someone explains to the person at the other end that we
    can't send them a Taxi or we do not provide Groundworks Services.

    One that the missus got, (thought we were a local pub/restaurant)
    Insisted on speaking to her manager, whereas she put them on hold, then
    answered and took a booking for 20.

    By all accounts was good fun then walking to the pub and watching them
    turn up.

    Although it has been in the family since it was only 3 digits long.
    Thomas Kenyon, Jun 23, 2006
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    444
  2. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    436
  3. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    622
  4. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    550
  5. Neil Jarman

    what ITSP

    Neil Jarman, Jun 14, 2006, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    516
    David Cook
    Jun 15, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page