It's update day again.....

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Jud Hendrix, Aug 8, 2006.

  1. Jud Hendrix

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    Jud Hendrix, Aug 8, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 8, 2006

  3. Just one update for my x64 system with SP2 and IE 7 beta 3.
    The update was Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1
    Service Pack 1 (KB886903).

    --
    Asus P5WDG2-WS (i975X Express)
    P4 3.73 GHz EE

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Aug 9, 2006
  4. Check here
    (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...84-73be-4e7e-a310-d7a979cc0c98&DisplayLang=en)
    and see what my "associate" Jud is talking about.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 9, 2006
  5. Yeah, but I only had three and the Malware Tool for x64.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 10, 2006
  6. Jud Hendrix

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 20:13:18 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
    <colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> wrote:

    >Yeah, but I only had three and the Malware Tool for x64.

    That's odd. I reinstalled x64 only last week, a new install, and had then
    maybe 20 updates or so. I let auto-update check, and did a manual update as
    well to see if nothing was missed out, but there wasn't. And this Tuesday I
    had eight updates. Maybe you installed hotfixes from somewhere else?

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Aug 10, 2006
  7. I did not manually install any hotfixes. My setting is "Notify me but don´t
    automatically download or install them".
    Could it be I have SP2 installed, I only had one update?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Aug 10, 2006
  8. Jud Hendrix

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 01:25:01 -0700, Maratonmannen
    <> wrote:

    >Could it be I have SP2 installed, I only had one update?

    That could be. I don't have SP2 so there's a difference :)

    Jud Hendrix, Aug 10, 2006
  9. Jud Hendrix

    John Barnes Guest

    My settings are same as yours and I had 12 updates. 10 xp and related and 2
    office

    John Barnes, Aug 10, 2006
  10. Jud Hendrix

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Yes, they are not releasing updates for SP2 while it is in beta.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Aug 10, 2006
  11. Thanks!

    What do you suggest, should I manually install the updates?

    /Max

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Aug 10, 2006
  12. Jud Hendrix

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    I don't think that the updates will install on a SP2 system. You can
    certainly try, though.
    You'll probably have to wait until the next release (which will include the
    current updates).

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Aug 10, 2006
  13. I have now tried, but none of them installed. Got this Setup error message
    for all updates:
    "Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of this system is newer
    than the update you are applying.
    There is no need to install this update."

    Thanks!

    /Max

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Aug 10, 2006
  14. Some updates apparently do.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 10, 2006