    Cheers

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, Oct 31, 2004

  2. Drifter wrote:
    > Friendly reminder to those of us affected by the time change.
    > Don't forget to set your clocks, gps units, VCR, television, camera,
    > etc. back an hour!
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Drifter

    Why not do what I do, and leave your camera set to UTC. No need to change
    then, no need to worry about time zone changes when travelling, no need to
    worry if it was daylight saving time in the country you were visiting when
    you were visitng.....

    BTW: GPS should /not/ need adjusting, my VCR is automatic, my radio clocks
    need no adjustment. Just the microwave, heating, watch and cooker!

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Oct 31, 2004

  3. Drifter

    Gaderian Guest

    Drifter wrote:
    > Friendly reminder to those of us affected by the time change.
    > Don't forget to set your clocks, gps units, VCR, television, camera,
    > etc. back an hour!
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Drifter
    > "I've been here, I've been there..."

    A pleasant surprise for me.
    My Pentax *istD automatically changes the time.
    Just leave the setting on "world time" and enter in the city closest to you.

    Gaderian, Oct 31, 2004
  4. Drifter

    Drifter Guest

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:29:01 -0000, "David J Taylor"
    <> wrote:

    >Drifter wrote:
    >> Friendly reminder to those of us affected by the time change.
    >> Don't forget to set your clocks, gps units, VCR, television, camera,
    >> etc. back an hour!
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Drifter

    >Why not do what I do, and leave your camera set to UTC. No need to change
    >then, no need to worry about time zone changes when travelling, no need to
    >worry if it was daylight saving time in the country you were visiting when
    >you were visitng.....
    >
    >BTW: GPS should /not/ need adjusting, my VCR is automatic, my radio clocks
    >need no adjustment. Just the microwave, heating, watch and cooker!

    David:
    Obviously my sarcasm didn't come through. In addition to being a
    reminder for those who need it, it was also supposed to be a
    commentary on the stupid number of things that have clocks and how
    even now in 2004 many of them don't have an "auto adjust" setting.
    Next time I'll try harder <grin>.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, Oct 31, 2004
  5. Drifter

    GT40 Guest

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 07:18:42 -0500, Drifter <>
    wrote:

    >Friendly reminder to those of us affected by the time change.
    >Don't forget to set your clocks, gps units, VCR, television, camera,
    >etc. back an hour!

    Your GPS unit should auto calibrate to the time, like my computer did.

    GT40, Oct 31, 2004
  6. Drifter

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:29:01 -0000, in rec.photo.digital "David J Taylor"
    <> wrote:

    >Why not do what I do, and leave your camera set to UTC. No need to change
    >then, no need to worry about time zone changes when travelling, no need to
    >worry if it was daylight saving time in the country you were visiting when
    >you were visitng.....

    I'll give you it may be a better solution for some, but not all. There is
    still the issue of how the date on the file is stamped and then
    subsequently on the various computer file systems. If one always goes by
    the exif info, then there is no problem. Files dates reported on your PC
    are another issue.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Oct 31, 2004
  7. Drifter

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 07:18:42 -0500, in rec.photo.digital Drifter
    <> wrote:

    >Friendly reminder to those of us affected by the time change.
    >Don't forget to set your clocks, gps units, VCR, television, camera,
    >etc. back an hour!

    Also, a good time to replace batteries in smoke and CO2 detectors in the
    house as well.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Oct 31, 2004
  8. Drifter wrote:
    []
    > David:
    > Obviously my sarcasm didn't come through. In addition to being a
    > reminder for those who need it, it was also supposed to be a
    > commentary on the stupid number of things that have clocks and how
    > even now in 2004 many of them don't have an "auto adjust" setting.
    > Next time I'll try harder <grin>.

    Oops!

    Actually, I was little worried because my Nikon 8400 /does/ have a time
    zone setting, and the /last/ thing I want to happen is for the camera to
    change its taking time!

    Speak with you next spring!

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Oct 31, 2004
  9. Ed Ruf wrote:
    []
    > I'll give you it may be a better solution for some, but not all.
    > There is still the issue of how the date on the file is stamped and
    > then subsequently on the various computer file systems. If one always
    > goes by the exif info, then there is no problem. Files dates reported
    > on your PC are another issue.

    I take my pictures timestamped in UTC, both the EXIF and the file
    date/time. I use Picture Information Extractor (PIE) to rename the files
    in UTC yyyy-mm-dd-hhnn-ss format.

    - with NTFS and CDFS, the file date/time is held in UTC internally, and
    displayed according to the local-UTC offset. The displayed date/time will
    vary according to time zone and summer/winter offset.

    - with FAT the date/time is just held as "clock" time.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Oct 31, 2004
  10. Ed Ruf wrote:
    > On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 07:18:42 -0500, in rec.photo.digital Drifter
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Friendly reminder to those of us affected by the time change.
    >> Don't forget to set your clocks, gps units, VCR, television, camera,
    >> etc. back an hour!

    > Also, a good time to replace batteries in smoke and CO2 detectors in
    > the house as well.

    Even more so for your CO1 detectors... ;^)

    Bob Harrington, Nov 1, 2004
  11. Drifter

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:17:57 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "Bob Harrington"
    <> wrote:

    >Even more so for your CO1 detectors... ;^)

    Got me ... CO.. Doh.....

    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Nov 1, 2004