    > Vista

    If the blurb is true, "it helps your business run more efficiently".

    Well, I won't be seeing it at my company...that's for sure!
    philo, Jan 22, 2007

  3. Martin Kallikak, Jan 22, 2007
  4. doS

    Guest

  5. On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:38:49 -0600, philo wrote:

    > "doS" <> wrote in message
    >> Vista
    >>

    > If the blurb is true, "it helps your business run more efficiently".
    >
    > Well, I won't be seeing it at my company...that's for sure!

    Fista's DRM nightmare:

    AMD's 4x4 platform, which uses 2 dual-core chips, won't work.
    http://clocksarestupid.net/articles/2007/01/21/quad-core-on-vista-home-an-intel-exclusive

    http://observer.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0,,1956941,00.html

    Microsoft is effectively smuggling through a price hike for Windows
    Vista - by making the entry-level version so poor that no-one will want
    to use it.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10/27/acer_slams_vista_home_basic/

    http://www.apcmag.com/5049/10_reasons_not_to_get_vista
    William Poaster, Jan 22, 2007
  6. doS

    doS Guest

    doS, Jan 22, 2007
  7. doS

    Meat Plow Guest

    Meat Plow, Jan 22, 2007
  8. doS

    Brian G Guest

    Brian G, Jan 22, 2007
  9. doS

    WhzzKdd Guest

    WhzzKdd, Jan 23, 2007
  10. doS

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 23:25:20 +0000, William Poaster <>
    wrote:

    <snip>
    >AMD's 4x4 platform, which uses 2 dual-core chips, won't work.
    >http://clocksarestupid.net/articles/2007/01/21/quad-core-on-vista-home-an-intel-exclusive
    >
    >http://observer.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0,,1956941,00.html

    It's just Microsoft's way of saying "All your base is belong to Redmond."

    Ugh.

    --
    A luser is someone who returns a perfectly good hammer to the hardware
    store saying "There's something wrong with it.  I keep hitting my
    Mara, Jan 23, 2007
  11. On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:21:56 -0600, Mara wrote:

    > On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 23:25:20 +0000, William Poaster
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >>AMD's 4x4 platform, which uses 2 dual-core chips, won't work.
    >>http://clocksarestupid.net/articles/2007/01/21/quad-core-on-vista-home-an-intel-exclusive
    >>
    >>http://observer.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0,,1956941,00.html

    > It's just Microsoft's way of saying "All your base is belong to Redmond."
    >
    > Ugh.

    Yes. I find it incredible that some people will actually lay money out
    (you can't say buy because, unlike linux, you don't *own* Windows) to have
    Fista on their computers, & it tells them what they can & cannot put onto
    their own hardware! In effect, Redmond is running their computer.

    --
    Windows - HELL of a way
    to abuse a computer.
    William Poaster, Jan 23, 2007
  12. doS

    1932 Guest

    "doS" <> wrote in message
    > Vista

    Keep it there doS, I for one, don`t want it.
    1932, Jan 23, 2007