It's Funny

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Ryan, Jun 12, 2004.

  1. Ryan

    Ryan Guest

    Just a thought for all you kia out there. Been reading quite a few of these
    posts the last couple of weeks and it's funny to me how people come in here
    ask a question and get shot down by you know it all people. Some of us are
    trying to make it in the it field and would like a little help. If your not
    willing to help don't post, but don't degrade people for wanting to know
    more. Knowledge is king and some of us are trying to learn.

    To those of you that are biting at the bit to reply flame away. I'm ready
    for it, but next time somebody come in here and asks something think of
    where you were 10, 15, or 20 years ago in your search for the answer.

    Maybe this sounds like a sob story but I'm trying to learn about the mcse
    cert and others are too. I don't think people are asking for all the answers
    just a little shove in the right direction.

    To all of you please feel free to flame away!!!!

    And may all you pants(or kakis or whatever the hell you it people are
    wearing now) have holes in their pockets.
    Ryan, Jun 12, 2004

  2. Ryan

    Andy Foster Guest

    "Ryan" <> wrote in message
    > Just a thought for all you kia out there. Been reading quite a few of

    these
    > posts the last couple of weeks and it's funny to me how people come in

    here
    > ask a question and get shot down by you know it all people. Some of us are
    > trying to make it in the it field and would like a little help. If your

    not
    > willing to help don't post, but don't degrade people for wanting to know
    > more. Knowledge is king and some of us are trying to learn.

    Lesson #1

    Always mung your email address when posting on usenet.
    Andy Foster, Jun 12, 2004

  3. Ryan

    Andy Foster Guest

    "Ryan" <> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > To those of you that are biting at the bit to reply flame away. I'm ready
    > for it, but next time somebody come in here and asks something think of
    > where you were 10, 15, or 20 years ago in your search for the answer.

    20 years ago, I used to get most of my "IT" info from "Sinclair User"
    magazine.
    15 years ago, I used to use a search engine called Archie. If you didn't
    have a client installed, you had to telnet onto an archie site.
    10 years ago, I started to run "speculative searches" - if I wanted to know
    about a Microsoft product, I'd type www.microsoft.com into the address bar
    of the browser, and see what came up.
    More recently, I browse the relevant newsgroups and/or forums or search
    Google for answers, or pointers towards the answers.
    If the answers aren't readily available, I will ask a question, giving as
    much relevant background information as I can.

    On alt.24hr-helpdesk or alt.we.love.aol I'd expect to see questions from
    people who obviously have a limited grasp of IT.
    On a group for people studying towards MCSE such questions/posters are not
    appropriate.
    Occasionally someone with a pertinent question will get flamed here. This is
    not often a problem because...
    Occasionally someone with a pertinent question will post here.
    Andy Foster, Jun 12, 2004
  4. Ryan

    Andy Foster Guest

    "Ryan" <> wrote in message
    > Just a thought for all you kia out there. Been reading quite a few of

    these
    > posts the last couple of weeks and it's funny

    <snip>

    We think so too.
    Andy Foster, Jun 12, 2004
  5. >Some of us are
    >trying to make it in the it field and would like a little help. If your not
    >willing to help don't post, but don't degrade people for wanting to know
    >more. Knowledge is king and some of us are trying to learn.

    The type of 'Knowledge' many of these dumbass posters keep requesting,
    can often be found in the previous post! There are almost no on topic
    questions which have not already been answered many, many times
    before.

    People who post lame (simple) questions, for which the answer could be
    found in seconds using google, have no place in IT - may they crash &
    burn....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 12, 2004
  6. >Always mung your email address when posting on usenet.

    What you got against swan?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 12, 2004
  7. >if I wanted to know
    >about a Microsoft product, I'd type www.microsoft.com

    Shit, that's where I've been going wrong - I've been typing in
    www.sun.com!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 12, 2004
  8. >> Just a thought for all you kia out there. Been reading quite a few of
    >these
    >> posts the last couple of weeks and it's funny

    ><snip>
    >
    >We think so too.

    .... as always.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 12, 2004
  9. Ryan

    Sandworm Guest

    > Just a thought for all you kia out there.

    Wow, you had a thought!!! Bet that hurt didn't it?

    <snip>
    > If your not willing to help don't post, but don't
    > degrade people for wanting to know more.

    How bout this, if your not willing to try and learn something on your own
    first perhaps you should consider a different career path.

    > Knowledge is king and some of
    > us are trying to learn.

    Funny, I thought the king was dead and Queen Elizabeth was atop the
    monarchy.

    > To those of you that are biting at the bit to reply flame away. I'm
    > ready for it,

    Bet your still there bent over waiting for it huh.

    > but next time somebody come in here and asks something
    > think of where you were 10, 15, or 20 years ago in your search for the
    > answer.

    Much like today 10, 15 and 20 years ago I actually did my own research
    for the answers. I'll bet you were one of those kids who went to cry to
    Mommy everytime something didn't go your way huh. I can hear you now,
    "Mommy their being mean to me in the News Group, whhhaaaaaa!!!! (Tears
    cascading down your face, like a gentle waterfall, leaving streaks on
    your dirt covered chubby little cheeks) I'd bet your one current whipped
    and politically correct generation that are slowly yet steadily bringing
    this country too it's knees. You've obviously been taught at some point
    that it's better to whine and whimper when something doesn't go your way
    than to do the actual work for yourself, "cause that's too hard Mommy and
    I want to play with my friends."

    > Maybe this sounds like a sob story

    Actually yes it does you neophite.

    > but I'm trying to learn about the
    > mcse cert and others are too. I don't think people are asking for all
    > the answers just a little shove in the right direction.

    Ok, here's a little shove you dink:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp
    Do you think that was so hard to find? Obviously you must. Perhaps
    that's an indication that you should go to another field, we like people
    with a modicum of intelligence and a sense of humor in this one.

    > To all of you please feel free to flame away!!!!

    Pretty sure we will and positive that we don't need your permission!!

    > And may all you pants(or kakis or whatever the hell you it people are
    > wearing now) have holes in their pockets.

    Why so you can pick up the change other's drop since your never going to
    be able to hack it in IT? Let me guess again, you Mommy never taught you
    how to sew either did she?

    The bottom line is do your own work, no one's going to let you cheat on
    your exams here or copy their homework since you and your boyfriend were
    out last night at the 'Rave' eating beans.

    Ish Moi Koi Tovarish,
    Sandworm
    MCNGP #00100001
    --My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft
    music.
    Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)
    Sandworm, Jun 12, 2004
  10. Ryan

    Neil Guest

    > There are almost no on topic
    > questions which have not already been answered many, many times
    > before.

    many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,MANY,MANY,MANY,MANY,MANY,
    MANY,MANY,MANY,MANY,MANY,MANY,MANY,MANY,MANY,MANY,MANY,MANY,MANY,MANY,MANY,
    MANY,MANY,MANY,MANY,MANY...................................................
    ................times before.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 12, 2004
  11. Ryan

    nerd32768 Guest

    "Ryan" <> wrote in message
    > Just a thought for all you kia out there. Been reading quite a few of

    these
    > posts the last couple of weeks and it's funny to me how people come in

    here
    > ask a question and get shot down by you know it all people. Some of us are
    > trying to make it in the it field and would like a little help. If your

    not
    > willing to help don't post, but don't degrade people for wanting to know
    > more. Knowledge is king and some of us are trying to learn.
    >
    > To those of you that are biting at the bit to reply flame away. I'm ready
    > for it, but next time somebody come in here and asks something think of
    > where you were 10, 15, or 20 years ago in your search for the answer.
    >
    > Maybe this sounds like a sob story but I'm trying to learn about the mcse
    > cert and others are too. I don't think people are asking for all the

    answers
    > just a little shove in the right direction.
    >

    > To all of you please feel free to flame away!!!!
    >
    > And may all you pants(or kakis or whatever the hell you it people are
    > wearing now) have holes in their pockets.

    Assfucker
    nerd32768, Jun 12, 2004
  12. Ryan

    Neil Guest

    Sandworm <> wrote in

    > Ish Moi Koi Tovarish,

    would it be fair to say that he "yest ei seksjuel di'zi:z" (yes I'm sure
    the tense is wrong)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 12, 2004
  13. > I'll bet you were one of those kids who went to cry to
    >Mommy everytime something didn't go your way huh. I can hear you now,
    >"Mommy their being mean to me in the News Group, whhhaaaaaa!!!! (Tears
    >cascading down your face, like a gentle waterfall, leaving streaks on
    >your dirt covered chubby little cheeks) I'd bet your one current whipped
    >and politically correct generation that are slowly yet steadily bringing
    >this country too it's knees. You've obviously been taught at some point
    >that it's better to whine and whimper when something doesn't go your way
    >than to do the actual work for yourself, "cause that's too hard Mommy and
    >I want to play with my friends."

    too funny.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 12, 2004
  14. >Assfucker

    nice, getting there....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 12, 2004
  15. Ryan

    Sandworm Guest

    Neil <> wrote in

    > Sandworm <> wrote in
    >
    >> Ish Moi Koi Tovarish,

    > would it be fair to say that he "yest ei seksjuel di'zi:z" (yes I'm sure
    > the tense is wrong)

    Just replace "yest ei" to "hi: haez" for the correct tense but yes I
    believe your sentiment is correct.
    Sandworm, Jun 12, 2004
  16. Ryan

    Sandworm Guest

    >> I'll bet you were one of those kids who went to cry to
    >>Mommy everytime something didn't go your way huh. I can hear you now,
    >>"Mommy their being mean to me in the News Group, whhhaaaaaa!!!! (Tears
    >>cascading down your face, like a gentle waterfall, leaving streaks on
    >>your dirt covered chubby little cheeks) I'd bet your one current
    >>whipped and politically correct generation that are slowly yet
    >>steadily bringing this country too it's knees. You've obviously been
    >>taught at some point that it's better to whine and whimper when
    >>something doesn't go your way than to do the actual work for yourself,
    >>"cause that's too hard Mommy and I want to play with my friends."

    > too funny.
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Thank you, thank you....and I thought those creative writing classes were
    a waste of time when I took em'. It's all in the imagery folks!!!

    Sandworm
    MCNGP #00100001

    By the way Neil made me start to think and we may have a solution for
    using your phrase in here again...but it was his idea so I'll let him
    tell you.
    Sandworm, Jun 12, 2004
  17. Ryan

    Neil Guest

    Sandworm <> wrote in news:
    #:

    > By the way Neil made me start to think and we may have a solution for
    > using your phrase in here again...but it was his idea so I'll let him
    > tell you.

    furfoo, suffiece to say that we will not violate the rules of conduct (in
    english)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jun 12, 2004
  18. Neil wrote:
    > Sandworm <> wrote in news:
    > #:
    >
    >> By the way Neil made me start to think and we may have a solution for
    >> using your phrase in here again...but it was his idea so I'll let him
    >> tell you.
    >>

    > furfoo, suffiece to say that we will not violate the rules of conduct
    > (in english)

    <ob.nit>

    furrfu

    </ob.nit>

    --
    Fris "There's a reason it's spelled that way" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 12, 2004
  19. Ryan wrote:
    > Just a thought for all you kia out there.

    I don't drive a Kia, but can I be included, too?

    > Been reading quite a few of
    > these posts the last couple of weeks and it's funny to me how people
    > come in here ask a question and get shot down by you know it all
    > people.

    "know it all" should be hyphenated. know-it-all.

    > Some of us are trying to make it in the it field and would
    > like a little help.

    "it" should be capitalized. It stands for Information Technology.

    > If your not willing to help don't post, but don't
    > degrade people for wanting to know more.

    My not?

    > Knowledge is king and some
    > of us are trying to learn.

    Hope you've learned a little bit so far!

    > To those of you that are biting at the bit to reply flame away.

    Who is this "flame away" to whom I should reply? I believe the more common
    phrase is "chomping at the bit." I'm not going to bother commenting on your
    lack of punctuation.

    > I'm
    > ready for it, but next time somebody come in here and asks something
    > think of where you were 10, 15, or 20 years ago in your search for
    > the answer.

    I think you meant "comes in here." Do I need to think of those things each
    time someone comes in here? Boy, that would take some time.

    > Maybe this sounds like a sob story but I'm trying to learn about the
    > mcse cert and others are too. I don't think people are asking for all
    > the answers just a little shove in the right direction.

    "mcse" should also be capitalized.

    I thought a low-heat flame -was- a "little shove in the right direction."

    > To all of you please feel free to flame away!!!!

    Did you sign the waiver?

    > And may all you pants(or kakis or whatever the hell you it people are
    > wearing now) have holes in their pockets.

    I think you meant "your." Without looking it up, I also believe it's
    spelled "khakis."
    There's that small "it" again, too. At least you got "their" right. You're
    getting better already!

    --
    Fris "AFU Charmin Gentle Spanking Award nominee?" bee®, MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 12, 2004
  20. you must really hate me.....

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 12:25:55 -0400, Frisbee®
    <> wrote:

    >Ryan wrote:
    >> Just a thought for all you kia out there.

    >I don't drive a Kia, but can I be included, too?
    >
    >> Been reading quite a few of
    >> these posts the last couple of weeks and it's funny to me how people
    >> come in here ask a question and get shot down by you know it all
    >> people.

    >"know it all" should be hyphenated. know-it-all.
    >
    >> Some of us are trying to make it in the it field and would
    >> like a little help.

    >"it" should be capitalized. It stands for Information Technology.
    >
    >> If your not willing to help don't post, but don't
    >> degrade people for wanting to know more.

    >My not?
    >
    >> Knowledge is king and some
    >> of us are trying to learn.

    >Hope you've learned a little bit so far!
    >
    >> To those of you that are biting at the bit to reply flame away.

    >Who is this "flame away" to whom I should reply? I believe the more common
    >phrase is "chomping at the bit." I'm not going to bother commenting on your
    >lack of punctuation.
    >
    >> I'm
    >> ready for it, but next time somebody come in here and asks something
    >> think of where you were 10, 15, or 20 years ago in your search for
    >> the answer.

    >I think you meant "comes in here." Do I need to think of those things each
    >time someone comes in here? Boy, that would take some time.
    >
    >> Maybe this sounds like a sob story but I'm trying to learn about the
    >> mcse cert and others are too. I don't think people are asking for all
    >> the answers just a little shove in the right direction.

    >"mcse" should also be capitalized.
    >
    >I thought a low-heat flame -was- a "little shove in the right direction."
    >
    >> To all of you please feel free to flame away!!!!

    >Did you sign the waiver?
    >
    >> And may all you pants(or kakis or whatever the hell you it people are
    >> wearing now) have holes in their pockets.

    >I think you meant "your." Without looking it up, I also believe it's
    >spelled "khakis."
    >There's that small "it" again, too. At least you got "their" right. You're
    >getting better already!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 12, 2004