It's Canon dammit not Cannon

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by S., Oct 28, 2004.

  1. S.

    S. Guest

    Subject says it all.

    S.

    S., Oct 28, 2004

  2. "S." <> writes:

    > Subject says it all.

    Uh, that's damn it, I presume? :->
    The Civilized Explorer | spam and read later. email to philip@
    http://www.cieux.com/ | my domain is read daily.

    Phil Stripling, Oct 28, 2004

  3. "Phil Stripling" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > "S." <> writes:
    >
    >> Subject says it all.

    > Uh, that's damn it, I presume? :->

    Big ;>)

    Charles Schuler, Oct 28, 2004
  4. S.

    S. Guest

    news:...
    > "S." <> writes:
    >
    >> Subject says it all.

    > Uh, that's damn it, I presume? :->
    > --
    > Phil Stripling | email to the replyto address is presumed
    > The Civilized Explorer | spam and read later. email to philip@
    > http://www.cieux.com/ | my domain is read daily.

    Yep! Never like using curse words!

    S.

    S., Oct 28, 2004
  5. S.

    Jim Townsend Guest

    S. wrote:

    > Subject says it all.
    >
    > S.

    Are you sure ?

    I think my D20 has Cannnon written on it... (Or maybe I'm
    thinking of my D10)....

    Jim Townsend, Oct 28, 2004
  6. S.

    Fi Nishing Guest

    "S." <> wrote in message
    > Subject says it all.
    >
    > S.

    I knoww. I havve severall of themm, pluss qquite a feww Cannonn lenssess.
    Oh, and a tripodd or twoo tooo.
    Does my beanbagg count?
    Fi

    Fi Nishing, Oct 28, 2004
  7. "S."
    > "Phil Stripling"
    > > "S."

    > >> Subject says it all.

    > > Uh, that's damn it, I presume? :->

    > Yep! Never like using curse words!

    > S.

    Do you mean liked?

    Fletis Humplebacker, Oct 29, 2004
  8. S.

    Clyde Torres Guest

    > "S." <> writes:
    >
    > > Subject says it all.

    Phil, I have an exception. I bought my 20D at a camera store in Puigcerdà,
    Spain, and it has "Cañon" written on it. Check it out in the Spanish part
    of your 20D instruction manual.

    Apparently "canon" connotes something very macho in the Spanish speaking
    world, thus the change to avoid inflaming the public.

    Clyde Torres

    Clyde Torres, Oct 29, 2004
  9. Canonically correct!

    Michael A. Covington, Oct 29, 2004
  10. S.

    BobS Guest

    So I can shoot a cannon with a Canon, but I can't shoot the Canon with the
    cannon?

    (yeah I can, I'm a Pentax *ist owner....;-)

    Bob S.

    BobS, Oct 29, 2004
  11. S.

    John Doe Guest

    Re: Get Lif!

    Subject says it all.

    John

    John Doe, Oct 29, 2004
  12. "Fletis Humplebacker" <!> wrote in message

    > "S."
    > > "Phil Stripling"
    > > > "S."

    > > > Uh, that's damn it, I presume? :->

    > > Yep! Never like using curse words!

    > > S.

    > Do you mean liked?

    Do you mean "mean"?....oh wait...are all three of them spelled the same! So
    the mean mean is mean? Never mind.

    Gene Palmiter, Oct 29, 2004
  13. "BobS" <> wrote in message
    > So I can shoot a cannon with a Canon, but I can't shoot the Canon with the
    > cannon?

    Yes you can...if you aim carefuly ...but its more fun to shoot a Smegma with
    a Cannon.

    Gene Palmiter, Oct 29, 2004
  14. To leave the subject of whether dammit is cussing, it is interesting
    that, according to Carl Shipman's book on Canon SLRs, the original
    name of the camera company was Kwanon, after the goddess of mercy.
    Production started in 1935 tho' the original was for laboratory use
    and highly "inspired" by the Leica. The company began selling its own
    Serenar lenses in 1939 and changed the name to Canon in 1947. There
    was always only one internal "n", AFAIK.

    --
    James V. Silverton
    Potomac, Maryland, USA

    James Silverton, Oct 29, 2004
  15. S.

    Tony Guest

    Tony, Oct 29, 2004
  16. S.

    Tony Guest

    Isn't that 'never meaned'?

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Oct 29, 2004
  17. S.

    steven Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message
    > It's 'damn it' (or at best 'damnit') not 'dammit', Dimwit.

    Ha! ever heard anyone say 'damn it'? 'damn it' and 'damnit' is for
    dictionaries, dammit.

    steven, Oct 29, 2004
  18. S.

    Mark…M‚ Guest