its been awhile here

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Keith Chilton, Apr 10, 2007.

  1. Lots has been going on with me. My companies domain server's hard drive
    crashed. Ouch for me. Spent a 17 hour day at work and i spent all last week
    trying to play catch up to everyones request. I think I might actually get
    caught up to where we were at tommorow. My company's domain server is going
    to be a 2003 now so i am going to ignore the books i bought for 2000 and buy
    some for windows 2003 before i start my mcsa. I still haven't passed my
    70-270 test. I need to start studying that material i didnt know and get
    that test over with...

    Hope you all are ok out there! (ITGIRL, michael, etc..)

    --
    Keith Chilton - MCDST, MCP
    Data Services Technician

    messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
    and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
    my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
    representative independent of this message.

    Keith Chilton, Apr 10, 2007

  2. "Keith Chilton" <> wrote in message

    > Lots has been going on with me. My companies domain server's hard drive
    > crashed. Ouch for me.

    <snipped>

    Good for you. Really. Nothing like being baptized by fire in the I.T.
    field. It is by far the best learning.
    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 10, 2007

  3. oh yes it was lots of fun lol we got our 2003 server today.. i am hoping it
    replicates with 2000 server just fine when i hook it up

    Keith Chilton, Apr 10, 2007
  4. Keith Chilton

    TheITGirl Guest

    > Lots has been going on with me. My companies domain server's hard drive
    > crashed. Ouch for me. Spent a 17 hour day at work and i spent all last
    > week trying to play catch up to everyones request. I think I might
    > actually get caught up to where we were at tommorow. My company's domain
    > server is going to be a 2003 now so i am going to ignore the books i
    > bought for 2000 and buy some for windows 2003 before i start my mcsa. I
    > still haven't passed my 70-270 test. I need to start studying that
    > material i didnt know and get that test over with...
    >
    > Hope you all are ok out there! (ITGIRL, michael, etc..)
    >
    > --
    > Keith Chilton - MCDST, MCP
    > Data Services Technician
    > River Valley Financial Bank
    > 430 Clifty Drive
    > Madison, IN 47250
    > 812-273-4949 ext 348
    > Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
    >
    > ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email <Confidentiality Footer
    > snipped>

    Hi Keith!

    My 70-270 study has been on hold for the last couple of weeks - have had to
    spend a whole weekend helping out another of our UK branches with an office
    move. I have now been drafted in to mop up after their useless helpdesk,
    who pass tickets to their equally useless 2nd line team, who just leave them
    in the queue to fester. BTW I'm not talking rocket science here - one of
    these tickets related to someone whose system time was wrong and just needed
    me to log in as local admin and change the time zone.

    Sorry to welcome you back with such a rant, Keith - best of luck with the
    studying, and with implementing that new domain server!

    IT Girl MCDST

    TheITGirl, Apr 10, 2007
  5. thanks! No problem it's necessary to communicate rants to like-minded peers.
    You really can't communicate that information and be understood by your
    significant other unless their in the same field! I am going to start
    studying for it again tonight. Even though i should be getting back into
    exercising tonight. screw it! lol

    Keith Chilton, Apr 10, 2007