It's a New Year THING!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by gangle, Jan 1, 2011.

  1. gangle

    gangle Guest

    To bring in 2011, jump back 60 years to 1951 when
    the science fiction classic, THE THING, was released.
    I have uploaded a VCD-compliant MPG version to
    Megaupload file sharing -- 690 MB.

    Don't let the B&W and the film's age put you off:
    this is an exciting, tense movie, with high-level writing and
    acting, renowned for it's unique overlapping dialogue.

    You can watch the file on your computer with most
    software players, or, to watch it on your TV, burn the
    the file onto a CD (DVD players "understand" and
    play VCDs) using the "VCD format" of your burning
    software -- NOT by doing a standard DATA burn; Nero
    and NTI burning softwares can do this, as well as
    many others.)

    THING download link:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ND48TUGO

    (If your particular burning software cannot make a VCD,
    you can get the last freeware version of VCDEasy here:
    http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/Audio-Video/VCDEasy.html)

    Happy New Year, and, as usual,
    **** You.

    --
    Before attack by Mrs. gangle: http://tinyurl.com/BeforeAT
    After attack by Mrs. gangle: http://tinyurl.com/AfterAT

    gangle, Jan 1, 2011

  2. gangle

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "gangle" <> wrote in message
    > To bring in 2011, jump back 60 years to 1951 when
    > the science fiction classic, THE THING, was released.
    > I have uploaded a VCD-compliant MPG version to
    > Megaupload file sharing -- 690 MB.
    >
    > Don't let the B&W and the film's age put you off:
    > this is an exciting, tense movie, with high-level writing and
    > acting, renowned for it's unique overlapping dialogue.
    >
    > You can watch the file on your computer with most
    > software players, or, to watch it on your TV, burn the
    > the file onto a CD (DVD players "understand" and
    > play VCDs) using the "VCD format" of your burning
    > software -- NOT by doing a standard DATA burn; Nero
    > and NTI burning softwares can do this, as well as
    > many others.)
    >
    > THING download link:
    > http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ND48TUGO
    >
    > (If your particular burning software cannot make a VCD,
    > you can get the last freeware version of VCDEasy here:
    > http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/Audio-Video/VCDEasy.html)
    >
    > Happy New Year, and, as usual,
    > **** You.
    >

    > --
    > Before attack by Mrs. gangle: http://tinyurl.com/BeforeAT
    > After attack by Mrs. gangle: http://tinyurl.com/AfterAT

    Me no click on link, but yes, it was a very good film.
    Was it called The Thing From Another World?
    "Watch the sky" ---- right at the end.
    The remake was quite good.

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Jan 1, 2011

  3. gangle

    gangle Guest

    "Mr Pounder" wrote

    > "gangle" wrote
    >> To bring in 2011, jump back 60 years to 1951 when
    >> the science fiction classic, THE THING, was released.
    >> I have uploaded a VCD-compliant MPG version to
    >> Megaupload file sharing -- 690 MB.
    >>
    >> Don't let the B&W and the film's age put you off:
    >> this is an exciting, tense movie, with high-level writing and
    >> acting, renowned for it's unique overlapping dialogue.
    >>
    >> You can watch the file on your computer with most
    >> software players, or, to watch it on your TV, burn the
    >> the file onto a CD (DVD players "understand" and
    >> play VCDs) using the "VCD format" of your burning
    >> software -- NOT by doing a standard DATA burn; Nero
    >> and NTI burning softwares can do this, as well as
    >> many others.)
    >>
    >> THING download link:
    >> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ND48TUGO
    >>
    >> (If your particular burning software cannot make a VCD,
    >> you can get the last freeware version of VCDEasy here:
    >> http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/Audio-Video/VCDEasy.html)
    >>
    >> Happy New Year, and, as usual,
    >> **** You.

    > Me no click on link, but yes, it was a very good film.
    > Was it called The Thing From Another World?

    Yowzer, that's the "full" title, but it's mainly referred
    to as THE THING.

    > "Watch the sky" ---- right at the end.

    "Keep watching the skies!"

    > The remake was quite good.

    Yes, John Carpentar made a terrific 80s version, which
    actually followed more closely the source material
    (a short story called "Who Goes There?"). Both films
    are fun to watch, each offering a different take on a
    similar theme. I like both, and own both, but have a
    nostalgic preference for the 1951 version, as I grew
    up watching it again and again, and can recite much
    of the dialogue. Do yourself a favor -- watch the 1951
    version again -- it sounds like you haven't seen it in a
    while -- you'll be glad you revisted it, as it's truly a
    classic film.

    --
    "Eat knees, blup-blup, eat noses," said the little green
    greemy with the pointy yellow teeth.

    gangle, Jan 1, 2011
  4. gangle

    Tony Guest

    Must be nice to be able to throw that kind of bandwidth around. Here in
    Canada home of the highest bandwidth costs in the entire world not a
    single person would dream of doing such a thing, even a billionaire
    wouldn't do it.

    gangle wrote:

    > To bring in 2011, jump back 60 years to 1951 when
    > the science fiction classic, THE THING, was released.
    > I have uploaded a VCD-compliant MPG version to
    > Megaupload file sharing -- 690 MB.
    >
    > Don't let the B&W and the film's age put you off:
    > this is an exciting, tense movie, with high-level writing and
    > acting, renowned for it's unique overlapping dialogue.
    >
    > You can watch the file on your computer with most
    > software players, or, to watch it on your TV, burn the
    > the file onto a CD (DVD players "understand" and
    > play VCDs) using the "VCD format" of your burning
    > software -- NOT by doing a standard DATA burn; Nero
    > and NTI burning softwares can do this, as well as
    > many others.)
    >
    > THING download link:
    > http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ND48TUGO
    >
    > (If your particular burning software cannot make a VCD,
    > you can get the last freeware version of VCDEasy here:
    > http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/Audio-Video/VCDEasy.html)
    >
    > Happy New Year, and, as usual,
    > **** You.
    >
    > --
    > Before attack by Mrs. gangle: http://tinyurl.com/BeforeAT
    > After attack by Mrs. gangle: http://tinyurl.com/AfterAT

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    proper manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
    day on the job for potty mouth,

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Jan 1, 2011
  5. gangle

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "gangle" <> wrote in message
    > "Mr Pounder" wrote
    >>
    >> "gangle" wrote
    >>> To bring in 2011, jump back 60 years to 1951 when
    >>> the science fiction classic, THE THING, was released.
    >>> I have uploaded a VCD-compliant MPG version to
    >>> Megaupload file sharing -- 690 MB.
    >>>
    >>> Don't let the B&W and the film's age put you off:
    >>> this is an exciting, tense movie, with high-level writing and
    >>> acting, renowned for it's unique overlapping dialogue.
    >>>
    >>> You can watch the file on your computer with most
    >>> software players, or, to watch it on your TV, burn the
    >>> the file onto a CD (DVD players "understand" and
    >>> play VCDs) using the "VCD format" of your burning
    >>> software -- NOT by doing a standard DATA burn; Nero
    >>> and NTI burning softwares can do this, as well as
    >>> many others.)
    >>>
    >>> THING download link:
    >>> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ND48TUGO
    >>>
    >>> (If your particular burning software cannot make a VCD,
    >>> you can get the last freeware version of VCDEasy here:
    >>> http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/Audio-Video/VCDEasy.html)
    >>>
    >>> Happy New Year, and, as usual,
    >>> **** You.

    >> Me no click on link, but yes, it was a very good film.
    >> Was it called The Thing From Another World?

    > Yowzer, that's the "full" title, but it's mainly referred
    > to as THE THING.
    >
    >> "Watch the sky" ---- right at the end.

    > "Keep watching the skies!"
    >
    >> The remake was quite good.

    > Yes, John Carpentar made a terrific 80s version, which
    > actually followed more closely the source material
    > (a short story called "Who Goes There?"). Both films
    > are fun to watch, each offering a different take on a
    > similar theme. I like both, and own both, but have a
    > nostalgic preference for the 1951 version, as I grew
    > up watching it again and again, and can recite much
    > of the dialogue. Do yourself a favor -- watch the 1951
    > version again -- it sounds like you haven't seen it in a
    > while -- you'll be glad you revisted it, as it's truly a
    > classic film.
    >
    > --
    > "Eat knees, blup-blup, eat noses," said the little green
    > greemy with the pointy yellow teeth.

    "Keep watching the skies", okay, I'll go with that.
    I'm not going to watch it again, I've seen it several times.
    When I was a kid living in Australia it scared the shit out of me.

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Jan 1, 2011
  6. gangle

    gangle Guest

    "Mr Pounder" wrote
    > "gangle" wrote
    >> "Mr Pounder" wrote
    >>>
    >>> "gangle" wrote

    >>> Me no click on link, but yes, it was a very good film.
    >>> Was it called The Thing From Another World?

    >> Yowzer, that's the "full" title, but it's mainly referred
    >> to as THE THING.
    >>
    >>> "Watch the sky" ---- right at the end.

    >> "Keep watching the skies!"
    >>
    >>> The remake was quite good.

    >> Yes, John Carpentar made a terrific 80s version, which
    >> actually followed more closely the source material
    >> (a short story called "Who Goes There?"). Both films
    >> are fun to watch, each offering a different take on a
    >> similar theme. I like both, and own both, but have a
    >> nostalgic preference for the 1951 version, as I grew
    >> up watching it again and again, and can recite much
    >> of the dialogue. Do yourself a favor -- watch the 1951
    >> version again -- it sounds like you haven't seen it in a
    >> while -- you'll be glad you revisted it, as it's truly a
    >> classic film.

    > "Keep watching the skies", okay, I'll go with that.
    > I'm not going to watch it again, I've seen it several times.
    > When I was a kid living in Australia it scared the shit out of me.

    Yeah, that sounds about right.

    gangle, Jan 1, 2011