    (8/13). No more jumping over streams for her in the next few months:
    http://www.pbase.com/image/1537292

    Say a prayer for The Mighty Jewel.
    Annika1980, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Annika1980

    Graham Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > First, the good news.....
    > We took little Divot to the vet today and learned that "it" is a
    > boy!

    Of course he is! He's ginger coloured! :cool:

    (Didn't you know that?)

    > Here's a shot of my new son:
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/20040856

    And he *is* seriously cute.
    Graham, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Annika1980

    Oscar Guest

    Mazal Tov!

    Oscar, Aug 7, 2003
  4. Annika1980

    badgerfish Guest

    oh boy....this is turning into a cheesy photojournalism pet rescue
    now.....we had better get Rolf Harris to come & tell the story about little
    divot & Harry the Hawk.

    BTW have you told little divot he is going to get his pips squeezed out in
    the very near future ? Maybe he would like to head back for the golf
    course......

    badgerfish, Aug 7, 2003
  5. "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > First, the good news.....
    >
    > We took little Divot to the vet today and learned that "it" is a boy!

    Your parents did the same.
    Mark_
    mark_digital©, Aug 8, 2003
  6. Annika1980

    Bram Guest

    "mark_digital©" <> wrote:

    > > First, the good news.....
    > >
    > > We took little Divot to the vet today and learned that "it" is a boy!

    > Your parents did the same.

    Shhhhh... (s)he's still in denial!
    Bram, Aug 8, 2003
  7. Annika1980

    JunkMonkey Guest

    PLEASE don't respond to this dope! (no text)

    "badgerfish" <> wrote in message
    > half of them go around destroying & decimating small mammals & anything

    else

    JunkMonkey, Aug 8, 2003
  8. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    Re: PLEASE don't respond to this dope! (no text)

    On 8/8/03 7:30 AM, in article SJMYa.96339$Ho3.12955@sccrnsc03, "JunkMonkey"
    <> wrote:

    > "badgerfish" <> wrote in message
    >> half of them go around destroying & decimating small mammals & anything

    > else
    >> they can get their claws into, but not before they have toyed & tortured
    >> them first.
    >> The other half are obese lazy creatures, who have no worth but to eat up
    >> valuable food & other resources supplied by doting owners & manufacturers.
    >>
    >> Hang on I've just described Americans....oops.....
    >>

    >> "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    >>> First, the good news.....
    >>>
    >>> We took little Divot to the vet today and learned that "it" is a boy!
    >>> Here's a shot of my new son:
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/image/20040856
    >>>
    >>> Cigars all around!
    >>>

    >>> Now, the bad news......
    >>>
    >>> The Mighty Jewel also went to the vet today and learned that she has a

    >> torn ACL
    >>> in her back right leg. She is scheduled for surgery next week on my

    >> birthday
    >>> (8/13). No more jumping over streams for her in the next few months:
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/image/1537292
    >>>
    >>> Say a prayer for The Mighty Jewel.

    The badge is sorta like the Newsgroup's poodle. He comes around every once
    in awhile only to kicked in the mouth as a direct result of his yapping and
    snarling. He then runs off with his tail between his legs, whining.

    George Kerby, Aug 8, 2003
  9. Re: why I hate pussies!!!

    On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:40:36 +0100, "badgerfish" <>
    wrote:

    >half of them go around destroying & decimating small mammals & anything else
    >they can get their claws into, but not before they have toyed & tortured
    >them first.

    Not mine. He grabs, runs for cover and eats.
    I've seen him pick a bird out of the air at 6 feet.
    I suggested to my wife we just lower the bird feeders and rename them
    cat feeders.

    Course he's not fussy. He attacked a full grown Black lab that came in
    the yard and won. He put it right back in its own yard. My neighbor
    remarked that was the first cat he ever saw that wouldn't back down
    from a full grown dog the size of a Lab.

    Animals such as dogs and cats that are allowed to run loose present a
    threat to nature and people as well.

    Cats are hunters and many are still kept to keep the rodent population
    in check particularly around farms. Many house cats on the other hand
    would starve if abandoned in the outdoors.

    Dogs are pack animals and will naturally form packs if left to their
    own devices. Even mild mannered individual dogs are not to be trusted
    in even a small pack. As pack animals they are also hunters and have
    been declared extremely dangerous around some major cities.

    >The other half are obese lazy creatures, who have no worth but to eat up
    >valuable food & other resources supplied by doting owners & manufacturers.

    Be they dogs or cats they offer companionship and can offer the
    unconditional friendship some people need. Both can offer a calming
    influence on their owners and like people some can be really
    irritating.

    I used to raise Black Labs. Now I have a cat. Albeit a big cat with
    very sharp claws. I have the scars to prove it, but none I didn't
    earn<:)) How big? I haven't measured recently, but he can stand on
    his hind feet and put his front paws around the dead bolt in the
    front door.

    We also have two very old cats. The mother who is a tiny thing that
    pretty much has reached the stage where she sleeps most of the time
    and her kitten who is now 17 and was a huge cat...that now has to get
    insulin shots twice a day.

    Animals can become a member of the family. Losing one can be a
    traumatic as losing a family member..

    >Hang on I've just described Americans....oops.....

    Along with all other humans ... You described human nature.

    www.rogerhalstead.com
    N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

    Roger Halstead, Aug 8, 2003
  10. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    Re: why I hate pussies!!!

    On 8/8/03 1:09 PM, in article , "Jon
    Wordsworth" <> wrote:

    >> half of them go around destroying & decimating small mammals & anything else
    >> they can get their claws into, but not before they have toyed & tortured
    >> them first.
    >> The other half are obese lazy creatures, who have no worth but to eat up
    >> valuable food & other resources supplied by doting owners & manufacturers.
    >>
    >> Hang on I've just described Americans....oops.....

    > Very good. As an American I agree with you. I am not like that, but most
    > of
    > my the people here are.

    Of course not! You are perfect! You are your own god. You are never wrong.
    Your opinion is law. Forgive this infidel for every doubting your infinite
    wisdom and vast knowledge of all that is...

    George Kerby, Aug 8, 2003

  11. >We took little Divot to the vet today and learned that "it" is a boy!
    >Here's a shot of my new son:
    >http://www.pbase.com/image/20040856

    A Boy Marmalade cat is the finest there is. Little pink-nosed
    dickenses.
    Of course, there are Siamese, Abbys, Savannahs, etc. that are perhaps
    more regal, but every orange and white cat I have met seems to have
    great personalities.
    'course I am a bit weird about cats, especially, and animals in
    general.
    Good luck on your puddle-jumping canine! Starting out as a kitten or
    puppy, sometimes they can be great pals to each other.
    Walking Beetle, Aug 12, 2003