    Possible answers were Slot A, Slot 1, ZIF or Socket 603.

    From everything I can find info wise they are soldered on mobo or use
    Micro-FCBGA so it seems none of them apply.

    This is really puzzling me since I guess ZIF would be the only one
    close but
    even it isn't a true answer

    thanks for any help
    jeremy, Nov 27, 2009

  2. At times laptop CPUs have been soldered, but this practice has not been
    common for at least 5 years.

    No laptop ever used a "slot" socket for the CPU.

    When a socket is used, it is always ZIF (which does not, however,
    specify the socket type)

    Socket 603 is used only in workstation and server CPUs.

    By process of elimination, the best answer is ZIF, but really I think
    you are using bogus study materials.

    Barry Watzman, Nov 27, 2009