    I would really really appreciate and suggestions or tips from anyone in
    the PC technician industry.

    Many thanks, Dave
    Dave, Jun 7, 2006

  2. Dave

    John Holmes Guest

    Dave "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I am starting up a local PC maintenance business for my small local
    > area. Wanted to do it for a long time and think it'll be a nice project
    > to get started with.
    >
    > Basically, I am open to and suggestions as to the equipment or software
    > I may need to use day to day in this business. I already have a very
    > good program called PC-Check.
    >
    > I would really really appreciate and suggestions or tips from anyone in
    > the PC technician industry.
    >
    > Many thanks, Dave

    If you have to ask that question, you might be better off to go
    prostitute yourself in your local gay-bar.

    --
    Your mother was a diabolic hotel receptionist who got drunk with a baboon
    in a rubber-walled room.
    John Holmes, Jun 7, 2006

  3. Dave

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Dave.

    In <news:> you wrote:

    > Basically, I am open to and suggestions as to the equipment or software
    > I may need to use day to day in this business. I already have a very
    > good program called PC-Check.

    Well I have to agree with MK and JH on this one. If you have to ask (in
    here of all places) you're probably not up to the job. Add to that the fact
    you need a program like PC-Check to do your dirty work I'd give it up as a
    bad job.

    I know what I'm doing, I've yet to have a dissatisfied "customer" but it
    pisses me off when I get calls all the time so I don't do it much. What I
    do I do from years of experience and lots of instinct and intuition. Not
    stupid "health" programs that can do more harm than good.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    Ponder, Jun 7, 2006
  4. Dave

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 06:37:38 -0700, Dave wrote:

    > I am starting up a local PC maintenance business for my small local area.
    > Wanted to do it for a long time and think it'll be a nice project to get
    > started with.
    >
    > Basically, I am open to and suggestions as to the equipment or software I
    > may need to use day to day in this business. I already have a very good
    > program called PC-Check.
    >
    > I would really really appreciate and suggestions or tips from anyone in
    > the PC technician industry.
    >
    > Many thanks, Dave

    My suggestion is that you don't.

    Meat Plow, Jun 7, 2006
  5. Dave

    Cub Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    >I am starting up a local PC maintenance business for my small local
    > area. Wanted to do it for a long time and think it'll be a nice project
    > to get started with.
    >
    > Basically, I am open to and suggestions as to the equipment or software
    > I may need to use day to day in this business. I already have a very
    > good program called PC-Check.
    >
    > I would really really appreciate and suggestions or tips from anyone in
    > the PC technician industry.
    >
    > Many thanks, Dave

    You hire a qualified PC Engineer to do the work !
    Cub, Jun 7, 2006
  6. Dave wrote:
    > I am starting up a local PC maintenance business for my small local
    > area. Wanted to do it for a long time and think it'll be a nice project
    > to get started with.
    >
    > Basically, I am open to and suggestions as to the equipment or software
    > I may need to use day to day in this business. I already have a very
    > good program called PC-Check.
    >
    > I would really really appreciate and suggestions or tips from anyone in
    > the PC technician industry.

    The comedians that answered are basically correct, but that doesn't mean
    you can't learn. I wouldn't start a shop yet, you'll get a bad rep. Just
    do work for neighbors, relatives and such for free for a while. Accept
    contributions if they're offered. Read tech news groups, take courses,
    get some real world experience. When you're confident of what you're
    doing, then decide what to do about going pro and starting a business.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 8, 2006
  7. Dave

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    >I am starting up a local PC maintenance business for my small local
    > area. Wanted to do it for a long time and think it'll be a nice project
    > to get started with.
    >
    > Basically, I am open to and suggestions as to the equipment or software
    > I may need to use day to day in this business. I already have a very
    > good program called PC-Check.
    >
    > I would really really appreciate and suggestions or tips from anyone in
    > the PC technician industry.

    Don't. If you don't know what you need, then you haven't got the skills.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jun 8, 2006
  8. "Dave" <> wrote in message
    >I am starting up a local PC maintenance business for my small local
    > area. Wanted to do it for a long time and think it'll be a nice project
    > to get started with.
    >
    > Basically, I am open to and suggestions as to the equipment or software
    > I may need to use day to day in this business. I already have a very
    > good program called PC-Check.
    >
    > I would really really appreciate and suggestions or tips from anyone in
    > the PC technician industry.
    >
    > Many thanks, Dave

    Advice to you is to go to school for it.....don't be a backyard mechanic
    with someones technology.
    Casper The Ghost, Jun 9, 2006
  9. Dave

    Plato Guest

    Dave wrote:

    > I am starting up a local PC maintenance business for my small local
    > area. Wanted to do it for a long time and think it'll be a nice project
    > to get started with.
    >
    > Basically, I am open to and suggestions as to the equipment or software
    > I may need to use day to day in this business. I already have a very
    > good program called PC-Check.
    >
    > I would really really appreciate and suggestions or tips from anyone in
    > the PC technician industry.

    Start reparing pcs and acquire a parts and sofware supply as you need
    them. For example, when I started I only had some diag ware like
    pc-check or whatever and a screwdriver. Most of the calls back then were
    getting people online for the first time, so I had to stock modems and
    controller cards and keep a copy of trumpet windsock and Netcape with
    me. As time went on I'd have to buy the tools I needed and keep the
    software I needed to do the jobs onsite.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 10, 2006